Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2013, 11:48   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!

The Mats finally arrived this morning , pretty kicked to have these ones. They are going to remain packed up till the monsoons are over now , the other ones are doing their duty for now and no point getting both sets dirty.
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-m1.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-m2.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-m3.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 11:56   #92
BHPian

Good to see that these mats have additional bolstering around the heel area. The ones I have have developed cavities there due to the constant friction
Old 27th July 2013, 12:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

I relate completely , the same thing happened to the Fabia mat on the driver side. Every other mat was looking new except for the drivers which had nice solid holes in it. I dont recall 100% off hand and i will check this but these ones seem to be more padded than the normal Linea ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
Good to see that these mats have additional bolstering around the heel area. The ones I have have developed cavities there due to the constant friction
Old 27th July 2013, 12:49   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Details on Kava please!
TheTeacher, you can find the details here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...le-mumbai.html
Old 27th July 2013, 13:06   #95
BHPian

Thanks. I already decided to pass on them for now; please see my post #89 in this thread.
Old 29th July 2013, 10:48   #96
Senior - BHPian

One irritant discovered.

When running the media player , the track name is displayed on the MID screen. During the time one goes from 1 track to another and the name changes no input on the menu seems to work - the name stays there for a period of 8-10 seconds and its only post that that the inputs start appearing.

So for example if i wish to see TRIP METER A - then till the name of the song goes no matter how many times i push the button on the stalk the trip does not appear.
Old 29th July 2013, 11:03   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
One irritant discovered.

When running the media player , the track name is displayed on the MID screen. During the time one goes from 1 track to another and the name changes no input on the menu seems to work - the name stays there for a period of 8-10 seconds and its only post that that the inputs start appearing.

So for example if i wish to see TRIP METER A - then till the name of the song goes no matter how many times i push the button on the stalk the trip does not appear.
There is a simple solution to this. Press "Esc" on the MID controls to the right of the steering wheel near the fog lamp buttons. Pressing "Esc" will dismiss any warning or information that is temporarily shown on the MID, returning you to what it was showing earlier.
Old 29th July 2013, 11:45   #98
Senior - BHPian

Thank you!! , will try it out this evening itself!!

On Another note , anyone got any advise on keeping the leather clean , the manual mentions a mild sop / water combination for the fabric and the leather gear/steering but not for the rest of it.

Wondering if i should get a specialized product or stick to the water/soap combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
There is a simple solution to this. Press "Esc" on the MID controls to the right of the steering wheel near the fog lamp buttons. Pressing "Esc" will dismiss any warning or information that is temporarily shown on the MID, returning you to what it was showing earlier.
Old 29th July 2013, 11:56   #99
J.Ravi

Quote:
When running the media player , the track name is displayed on the MID screen.
You can deactivate it.

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-midradio.jpg
  (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 13:10   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On Another note , anyone got any advise on keeping the leather clean
My observations on the leather. My car has clocked only 13000km in one and a half years. I have not bothered cleaning the seats from the time I bought the car. At the same time, the interiors are spot less. I keep them clean. I dust the fabric floor mats and wet wipe every plastic panel on the inside with a 3M kitchen wipe after a drive; even if its just 10km and back. The leather has turned brown but not a dirty brown. If you look at it, you might just believe it is the natural color of the leather and not a result of dirt. I suggest you let it soil a little and get it attended to once every year. This is assuming you keep the car clean even on the inside.

Mild soap and water can be used to get rid of light surface muck for the leather. It will not damage the leather. However; use a 3M kitchen wipe to do this and squeeze it completely off water. Ventilate the interiors of the car so the water dries up. Stubborn stains will need something stronger.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 29th July 2013 at 13:12.
Old 29th July 2013, 13:16   #101
Senior - BHPian

The interiors are completely spotless right now and i tend to keep a close eye on it. I also have a free dry cleaning voucher which is available.

Drive with the windows up all the time hence ensuring that even light particles of dust etc are kept out of the car.

Was asking only from the point that its easier to keep the car clean if one starts of while its clean rather than reacting to it only when there is a dirt mark. I wipe the car down every weekend , all my cars in fact but since i have not owned a car with leather upholstery so far was wondering if a simple wet wipe would be sufficient or something stronger required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
My observations on the leather. My car has clocked only 13000km in one and a half years. I have not bothered cleaning the seats from the time I bought the car. At the same time, the interiors are spot less. I keep them clean. I dust the fabric floor mats and wet wipe every plastic panel on the inside with a 3M kitchen wipe after a drive; even if its just 10km and back. The leather has turned brown but not a dirty brown. If you look at it, you might just believe it is the natural color of the leather and not a result of dirt. I suggest you let it soil a little and get it attended to once every year. This is assuming you keep the car clean even on the inside.

Mild soap and water can be used to get rid of light surface muck for the leather. It will not damage the leather. However; use a 3M kitchen wipe to do this and squeeze it completely off water. Ventilate the interiors of the car so the water dries up. Stubborn stains will need something stronger.
Old 29th July 2013, 13:26   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was asking only from the point that its easier to keep the car clean if one starts of while its clean rather than reacting to it only when there is a dirt mark.
This is the right approach. Just don't get carried away over doing it. No matter what you do, in our country, dust is in the air. There is no escaping this. If it does not come in through your windows, it is coming in through the air conditioning vent. The climate control in the Linea defaults to auto circulate mode. Not that it would make a difference hitting the re circulate button each time. Breathing the same air again will only make you drowsy. What I am trying to get at is, don't be sending the car every month to clean the seats. Too much cleaning will also ruin the leather. Every cleaning product has some abrasive substance. Considering the general up keep for your cars is towards keeping them well maintained, a once a year clean up job is all that will be required for the seats. Only stubborn stains will require immediate attention and for this, you can buy one of these or a similar product....

http://www.formula1wax.com/products/...p?productID=25
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 09:35   #103
Senior - BHPian

Drove the car for about 80 Kms yesterday , round trip from Delhi to Gurgaon. While going one encountered medium - heavy traffic. By the time we reached the destination the average fuel consumption was at 11.6 - i know that it would have actually been probably closer to 12 but the last 1 odd km was driven in 2nd gear.
Old 31st July 2013, 10:51   #104
Senior - BHPian

So unfortunately this does not work. The title stays on the screen for the same duration - and i do recall now that the manual mentions something about this menu being pretty much disabled while the car is moving and possibly only working on the MAR position. I dont have the manual handy with me today but will check later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Old 31st July 2013, 12:28   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The interiors are completely spotless right now and i tend to keep a close eye on it. I also have a free dry cleaning voucher which is available.

Drive with the windows up all the time hence ensuring that even light particles of dust etc are kept out of the car.

Was asking only from the point that its easier to keep the car clean if one starts of while its clean rather than reacting to it only when there is a dirt mark. I wipe the car down every weekend , all my cars in fact but since i have not owned a car with leather upholstery so far was wondering if a simple wet wipe would be sufficient or something stronger required.
More than getting dirty from the dust particles, the real threat is when you send your car to the service centre. Very rarely do any service centre use the plastic protective sheet over the leather seat covers while working on your car. The mechanics with their dirty clothes and grease smeared on their hands do tend to soil the leather seats very often.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks