Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2013, 23:00   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tizze Lands Home- The Linea T-Jet 2013

Congratulations on your new ride. Can you share the final OTR price of the car?
Old 11th July 2013, 00:25   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride- was waiting for a 2013 version review and finally it is here! I wish Fiat bring out an automatic version of this car which should be a good competition to the TSi, which is my current favorite.
Here's wishing you many pleasurable miles with your car and l will definitely be following this thread closely.
Old 11th July 2013, 00:39   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride.

The leather seats looks really great, from the looks I can guess that it will be very comfortable.
Old 11th July 2013, 00:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Many congrats Puchoo. One early question. Is Fiat using a space saver for the stepney??
Sorry , did not understand that question very well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Congrats buddy!!! All the wait and all the research is truly worth it. With experience of owning and maintaining a Bronzo Scuro T-jet and an Oceanic Blue Punto, I can say that these colours are not easy to maintain. However, all the effort that goes behind maintaining the colour is rewarded by the admiration (and at times, envy) that the cars attract.

Wish you many happy miles on your T-jet!
Thanks Biraj , yes the color will be difficult but overall easier than the black i had on the Fabia i think - have had enough practice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
That is a beauty! congrats on the Jet puchoo. Im sure you are going to have the time of your life. You are going to hate driving other cars

Thanks!!

Replace the stock speakers to infinity compos are similar they sound much much better, i did it in my GP the difference was huge.

Wish again you more and more happy miles!!
Thank you and i will look at it once i get around with the car a bit, i am missing 'bass' in the sound overall right now but i have not tried the user defined equalizer - lets see what that yields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Congratulations and best wishes, puchoo. Explore and enjoy your Linea T-Jet.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Congrats Puchoo. Awesome car. Please put up some nice pics of your car. This is one thread I am going to subscribe and follow.

What is the run in period. Can you give a break up of the price ?
Will definitely keep putting up photographs , not sure of the run in period. The manual does not mention it , unless i have missed it but from what research i have done indicates that the answer is not easily found. I suppose one can simply play it safe for the first 1000 Kms - will let you know if i find something someplace. Maybe other owners can help both of us on this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Congrats, Puchoo! Very happy for you!

I am following in your footsteps; booked my T-Jet today. But I doubt I'll be able to do the fabulous job you've done photographing your beaut!

I look forward to reading about your experiences with this great machine.

What tyres did the alloys come with?
Many Many congrats and i look forward to your thread. Which variant and color did you book ? Goodyear's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Congrats on your Jet. Wish Fiat could offer Auto Transmission on TJet. Fiat should not have skimped on the Fifth Alloy and the third head rest. Not deal breakers. Beige Colour looks good though it will get dirty soon. Some photos of the Steering Column behind the steering wheel. There was a large gap in the steering column plastic when GTO tested it. Has Fiat improved it?

And finally any Plans for REMAP?
No plans on a remap right now , too early for me , want to get to know the car well and then we can see , ideally i would like to drive a re-mapped version before finally taking a call , but this is still sometime away.

Last edited by puchoo : 11th July 2013 at 00:52.
Old 11th July 2013, 06:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Sorry , did not understand that question very well.....

Puchoo, is the stepney tire of smaller size than the regular tire? Manufacturers often user a smaller tire as spare (for example 14 or 15 inches when the alloy might be 16 inches) to save space in the boot and as a cost-cutting measure. Mostly European cars in India, but so far I have not seen it with Fiat. A quick look at the stepney photo seems it is smaller than standard size; please confirm. The 2011 T-Jet, as you know, came with an alloy.

I think the picture shows 80 kmph written on the tire. That further affirms that it must be space saver.

From wikipedia

Quote:
However, some spare tires ("space-saver" and "donut" types) are not meant to be driven long distances. Space-savers have a maximum speed of around 50 mph (80 km/h).
At least it would be shocking news that the Fiat T-Jet comes with a Space Saver tire.

Edit: I enlarged the picture of the spare and it does look like a space saver /donut tire - uploading your own picture.

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-picture21.jpg

Last edited by johy : 11th July 2013 at 06:38.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 06:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Puchoo, is the stepney tire of smaller size than the regular tire? Manufacturers often user a smaller tire as spare (for example 14 or 15 inches when the alloy might be 16 inches) to save space in the boot and as a cost-cutting measure. Mostly European cars in India, but so far I have not seen it with Fiat. A quick look at the stepney photo seems it is smaller than standard size; please confirm. The 2011 T-Jet, as you know, came with an alloy.

I think the picture shows 80 kmph written on the tire. That further affirms that it must be space saver.
I think this was already discussed on the main Tjet thread.

The new Emotion variants do indeed come with a "space saver" spare. But this space saver is still a 195/60 R15, is actually larger than the standard stock tyres of most of Linea's competitors!!!

For FIAT more than a space save, this is a cost saver. This spare is basically the stock wheel-tyre combo for the Linea active and is the same as the spare in a Punto emotion. The tyre size is also shared with the Punto Emotion and Linea Active/Dynamic.

But with the Linea Emotion variants, this truly becomes a "space saver". As the difference in size between the stock 205/55R16 and spare 195/60R15 is considerable, thus you see the max 80kmph sticker.

Last edited by julupani : 11th July 2013 at 06:53.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 07:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Many Many congrats and I look forward to your thread. Which variant and color did you book ? Goodyear's.
Thanks! Emotion Minimal Grey. The previous white (Novo Bosso White or something like that) looks fab on this car and I wanted that. But it's not available, and I didn't like the dark cream look of the "white" they offer now. I've alwyas had light colored cars; it's a personal thing. Minimal Grey was the best compromise I could live with.

Please do keep us posted on how the Goodyears perform.
Old 11th July 2013, 07:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. Still the best looking car in its class. Understated, confident and timeless.
Old 11th July 2013, 08:50   #24
BHPian

@puchoo.
Many congratulations!. A well written review. Enjoyed reading it.

Now that's one of my most favorite cars. Looks absolutely stunning in that color. Its truely a beauty!. Do take care and run-in her properly. Wishing you happy miles with the Jet.
Old 11th July 2013, 10:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Congratulations on the Jet, which I consider as the best looking sedan of its class. I knew you wouldn't settle for anything less as far as the build and ride quality is concerned. Great details in the pix.
Thanks! Absolutely fantastic handling , took a sharp corner at abut 50kmph this morning and the car was like - ok what next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
Congrats on the new ride- was waiting for a 2013 version review and finally it is here! I wish Fiat bring out an automatic version of this car which should be a good competition to the TSi, which is my current favorite.
Here's wishing you many pleasurable miles with your car and l will definitely be following this thread closely.
An auto box would have been a fantastic addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Congrats on your new ride.

The leather seats looks really great, from the looks I can guess that it will be very comfortable.
Thank you , they are very nice and there is something about the smell of new leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Congratulations. Still the best looking car in its class. Understated, confident and timeless.
Thanks! Absolutely agree on it being understated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyAsta View Post
@puchoo.
Many congratulations!. A well written review. Enjoyed reading it.

Now that's one of my most favorite cars. Looks absolutely stunning in that color. Its truely a beauty!. Do take care and run-in her properly. Wishing you happy miles with the Jet.
Thank you , i am planning to take it easy for about 800 - 1000 Km's , should that be sufficient?
Old 11th July 2013, 10:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on getting the Tjet home. The Oceanic Blue looks great with those 16 inchers.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Tjet.
Old 11th July 2013, 11:16   #27
BHPian

Congrats, Puchoo on the T-Jet. It looks beautiful in this shade of blue, though it would be a pain to keep it dust free so the colour looks as intended. Wish you many a wonderful miles in the Jet.

OT. A co-incidence. I also have parted with the Fabia, given it to my younger sister.
Old 11th July 2013, 11:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest congratulations PUCHOO !

Its arguably the best petrol car to drive under 10 lacs in India. Looking at your pics, it seems that Fiat has improved the overall quality of fit & finish. The chrome line on the dash looks classy. The leather wrapped steering looks immaculate.

As pointed out by KarthikK in his super comparison, the excess beige is going to be tough to maintain over longer period. But surely does add to a premium feeling.

Wishing a lots of happy miles with the beast! Take care and drive safe.

Cheers!
Old 11th July 2013, 11:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

With a saving of just 40K by manufacturing the engine locally; I am not sure if this was a sensible decision by Fiat India. The Linea with this engine is never going to be a volume player and hence I don't see the point in manufacturing it here. The Abarth cars will also benefit from this move but other than that, I am not sure if the move to manufacture this engine locally benefits much.

The spare wheel moving to steel rims is a huge downer.

Along with the carpets going beige, I noticed the seat belts are also beige. The lower centre console in the front is also beige. It is going to be even more difficult to keep this car looking new on the interiors.

The dash board plastics were never soft to touch but has good finish. They have always been hard. The last time I experienced soft touch plastics were on the Ford Fiesta S. The Ford Classic does not get this any more.

The cavity for the rear seat arm rest is well finished even on the earlier cars. It is not leather but what ever material they have used looks well finished.

The remote for the stereo is something I never knew existed so did not pay attention to this during the PDI or when I flipped through the brochure.

The Auto lamps and wipers come as a nice bonus.

I see that the carpets are placed the wrong way round in the front passenger foot well. Surprised that they did not make this beige as well. It would have surely been better to look at. It is a different thing altogether in how many hours those carpets stay beige in color.

You are going to love this car. It is a car that has soul and if you are someone who likes this feeling, there is absolutely nothing on sale in the market that can give you this.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 11th July 2013 at 11:59.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 12:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Few more pictures.

The infamous ignition area , as is evident from the picture fiat has finally managed to figure out "how many engineers are required" , fit and finish is fine

Door leather. Nicely padded hence excellent for resting ones arm

Head unit - appears to be identical to the one which used to be present earlier but not qualified well to identify too many changes
Attached Thumbnails
Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-ignition.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-door-leather.jpg  

Tizze Lands Home: The Fiat Linea T-Jet 2013 EDIT: Sold!-m-head-unit.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed