Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2016, 06:18   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2013 Skoda Rapid Red TDI comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
he said it is a rat bite.
Have a look at this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-car-rats.html

Might help you. Really glad it didn't turn out to be anything serious.
Old 19th November 2016, 17:47   #32
APV
BHPian

I faced similar issue last year while I left my Etios in the Garage for weeks together since I was travelling out of station on business.

One day I noticed a disconnected wire while I was wiping the dust in the engine bay. Could not figure out the affected functionality due to disconnected wire with my little knowledge so took it to Toyota Authorised service centre.

They fixed the wire & also suggested to buy a rat repellent - Auto Glaze Rat/Mouse repellent which looked quite like toilet air fresheners. They tied two of those inside the engine bay (in the manner it does not affect other parts functioning) & said it would be effective for another 1 year.

Though I did not face the problem again after that but it is also worth mentioning that the car is on the move daily unlike the case earlier. Each of those repellent cost about 351 INR in Toyota ASS. You can probably check it out.
Old 27th November 2016, 07:19   #33
BHPian

At 70k kms, got rapid a new set of shoes; Yokohama Earth 1 - 195/60/R15.
I got them Rs 4500 a piece which i think is a pretty good price for 195s.

Old 195/60/R15 Yokohama A drives had served us well for 62000 kms and looked like they could gone for another 10k kms, but had a sidewall puncture and hence decided to change all tyres.

Steering feels a bit light, other than that no other differences.
Old 17th May 2017, 21:38   #34
BHPian

Red Rapid is now 75k kms old and is running without any issues.
So far it has been trouble free and still packs a punch. Clutch is still heavy as earlier, but does the job.

Got her new seat covers from Imperial seats Bannerghatta road. Worth the money!

Its called Napa Art leather; costs about 11k.
Totally worth it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th May 2017 at 21:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 18th May 2017, 15:54   #35
BHPian

Recently got both the bumpers painted from Cartisan. Its an App through which you can book regular service, cleaning, detailing, repairs, painting, accessories Etc. They charged Rs 3000 per bumper and 2 days to complete the job. Top marks for the painting job. Its flawless.

I also got the car detailing done a few days back. The charges were nominal and quality is impressive. Best part is all this happens in front of my eyes and in my house.
For the painting, they had to take the car to a garage.
Old 31st May 2017, 21:02   #36
BHPian

Last week, Rapid gear lever got jammed in reverse gear and did not budge. I locked the car and took an Autorickshaw home. I lost the original keys in the auto. The spare key kept turning in the lock, but did not unlock. All possible things that could go wrong, Murphy's law in full force. We had to break the glass, release the hand brake and car was towed to Vinayak skoda.

Waiting for updates!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th July 2017 at 20:47. Reason: Typo!
Old 19th July 2017, 20:39   #37
BHPian

Update on the Gear Lever Jam issue from Vinayak Skoda:

I got the car back after 25 days. Since I had lost the original key, SA told me to replace all keys of the car. Below is how our conversation goes:

SA - "Sir, All Keys needs to be replaced and it needs to come coded with your car VIN number and part needs to come from Aurangabad. It will take 10 days". BTW, the clutch is weak, shall I replace it?

Me - OK, get the keys done ASAP. Also, go ahead with the clutch replacement. (Since the car had done 75k kms and clutch was hard as rock, I gave a go ahead).

Me (calling SA after 10 days): Did you get the new Key set?

SA: Sir, we got it but it is wrong part. I have ordered for correct part & it will take 10 days more.

Me: (I got pissed off and called the customer care and lodged a complaint and South India Customer care in charge called me. She promised to get the correct part via Air ASAP).

SA calls me: Sir, Engine mounting is loose, shall I replace the mounts? Plus AC is weak, Shall I top up the gas?

Me: Yeah, go ahead pls. Can I get a loaner car since its a delay from your end?

SA: hmm, ahhh

Another 5-6 days pass

Me: Is my car ready?

SA: Yes, Sir.

My dad goes and picks up the car and on his way the car refuses to start at a traffic signal. Dad gets help from passerby, jump starts and reaches home.

My analysis - In last 3 weeks, car hasn't been started. All the work, including clutch replacement, engine mounting, AC gas, New Key set has been done on last day. So, battery is weak and fully discharged.

Me: You guys didn't start my car in 3 weeks?
SA: everyday it was started. No problem from our side. Your battery is weak.
Me: Its 1 year old battery and I have the bill and warranty card.
SA: Then claim a replacement from Exide.
Me: ?? No, you come pick up my car and rectify the issue. Its your mistake that you haven't started the car and 1 year old battery cannot just die. It was working fine before my car visited your garage.
SA/SM - Pls push and start the car and bring it to service center. We will rectify the problem.
Me: Nothing doing. Come and take my car

Meanwhile I get hold of bill and warranty card and contact the Exide guys. He comes and is unable to cable jump start, he takes the battery and returns it after 2 days saying its charged and is working fine now.

Car is without battery for 2 days.

SA picks up my car. I tell him about exide guys.

Me: Did you check whats the problem?
SA: No problem Sir, Car is starting perfectly.
ME: Keep it for one more day without starting the car. Try starting it the day after and lets see if it starts.
SA: Sir, I did all that you said no problem with the car.
ME: Ok, send the car back.

I get the car and I am driving it after 3 weeks days (dad got it from Service center the first time) and I realize that RPM is at 1100 and AC turns off/On midway as if it has a mind of its own and car is pulling to left.

SA: OK Sir, I will take the car and rectify the problems.
SA: Sir, I have rectified the RPM, AC and Car pulling to left issue. But now the car is not starting Sir. The starter is not working and needs to be replaced.
ME: Last time I had sent the car back for this specific issue that the car was not starting but you kept the car for 2 days and dismissed it saying everything is fine and earlier it was battery issue. Why didn't you find out the starter issue then?
SA: Hmm..Ahhhh. Sir, new starter will take one week to come. GST issue Sir, no stock.
Me: (Banged my head ) OK, get it done.

Involving South India Customer care head also, did not help things much. Very casual, road side mechanic kinda attitude. No ownership, no prompt responses or updates.
Skoda makes fantastic cars but ASS is a big let down.

Total fatka:

Gear Lever - Rs 5000
key set - Rs 7000
Clutch, release bearing, pressure plates - Rs 22000
Starter - Rs 12000
Engine mount - Rs 2000
Don't remember charge for AC and other small stuff

Here is the my biggest worry:

Just a few days ago, I bought a sparingly used Rapid DSG just over 2 years old and the 1st owner has not taken extended warranty and Skoda refuses to give me EW since the car is 2 years and 15 days old.

Only wish that above issues had happened before I bought the DSG :-(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks