Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2019, 13:44   #136

Re: Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The price would be OK if you're getting the car after the mechanical issues are sorted out. The sound you hear during startup could be anything, ask the mechanic for a quote to fix the car to run perfectly. No point in owning a luxury car otherwise.
Yes. In fact, the mechanic offered to come along for the final negotiation and he was sure the cost to fix the issues can be negotiated away from the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
It's a 75 lakh car when you adjust for inflation, and it will always cost you what cars in that price range cost to maintain. Compare the cost of a new set of tyres for the corolla vs the E, that's the multiple you are looking at.
Right. My research led to this. (Corolla vs E250)

Tyres(per) - 6K vs 20K. Say 3-4 times
Battery - 4K vs 50K showroom 1 yr warranty (or 25K 3rd party 4 yr warranty!). Let's say 5 times

So probably my 25K/yr Corolla maintenance may come up to 100-125K/yr for the E250. Of course, in the event of a failed part replacement, all bets are off.

Appreciate the inputs. Thanks!
Old 19th August 2019, 17:35   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabsi View Post
Yes. In fact, the mechanic offered to come along for the final negotiation and he was sure the cost to fix the issues can be negotiated away from the price.

Right. My research led to this. (Corolla vs E250)

Tyres(per) - 6K vs 20K. Say 3-4 times
Battery - 4K vs 50K showroom 1 yr warranty (or 25K 3rd party 4 yr warranty!). Let's say 5 times

So probably my 25K/yr Corolla maintenance may come up to 100-125K/yr for the E250. Of course, in the event of a failed part replacement, all bets are off.

Appreciate the inputs. Thanks!

I have a 2016 E250, some of your estimates are wrong,got a new battery from merc for 30k(under warranty) and tyres changed for 13k a piece for Michelin primacy 4.

Just letting you know so that you take the right decision but yes you should keep around 1 lakh per year for repairs as some parts might cost a bomb.
jayanttalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 13:46   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post
I have a 2016 E250, some of your estimates are wrong,got a new battery from merc for 30k(under warranty) and tyres changed for 13k a piece for Michelin primacy 4.

Just letting you know so that you take the right decision but yes you should keep around 1 lakh per year for repairs as some parts might cost a bomb.
Glad to know the costs are a little less than I estimated!

So is there anything else I need to look out for?

Appreciate the trouble taken to help me. Thanks!
Old 21st August 2019, 09:45   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabsi View Post
Glad to know the costs are a little less than I estimated!

So is there anything else I need to look out for?

Appreciate the trouble taken to help me. Thanks!
I would recommend you to take the car to Mercedes for a thorough check, it costs 10000 but is worth it. It will find every problem from a bent usb port pin to engine mounts etc.
Old 21st August 2019, 13:44   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post
I would recommend you to take the car to Mercedes for a thorough check, it costs 10000 but is worth it. It will find every problem from a bent usb port pin to engine mounts etc.
That's a good idea!

It is Sundaram Mercedes in Coimbatore, but I haven't heard anyone being excited by their expertise. Will anyway do that, thanks!
Old 27th August 2019, 10:24   #141
BHPian

Hi Ibabsi

I own a 2014 facelift W212. Its done 118k km and she will do a ton more in the coming years.
Mechanically there has been no complaint. Services done at regular mentioned intervals from TRANSCAR Chennai.

My advice get the facelifted version. The seven speed proves its worth on the highway.

Pradeep
E90-E250 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 15:11   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-E250 View Post
Hi Ibabsi

I own a 2014 facelift W212. Its done 118k km and she will do a ton more in the coming years.
Mechanically there has been no complaint. Services done at regular mentioned intervals from TRANSCAR Chennai.

My advice get the facelifted version. The seven speed proves its worth on the highway.

Pradeep
Thanks Pradeep. The owner of the car I was looking at had gone abroad and then I had to travel abroad, so the discussion and detailed inspection is yet to happen.

But the 2014 model is bound to be at least another 5-6 lakhs more (than the expected 14L of the 2011 model). At 20L I would have serious second thoughts, unless yours is up for sale at a lower price
Old 9th September 2019, 02:44   #143
BHPian

unless yours is up for sale at a lower price [/quote]

Let the odo clock 300,000 km. Will get back to you then.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:52   #144
BHPian

I have W212 E200 CGI Petrol 2012 pre facelift model. I use it regularly and it's done about 45000 kms. Usage wise not much but I can say one of the best cars in terms of comfort ride quality and most important maintenance.

After a year of aquiring I used to ponder if o should have gone for Audi Q7 or BMW 520d as they had more in cabin features and tech but after 8 years I feel that this car aged more elegantly .. interiors and cabin held up better compared to cars of friends who picked up Audi n BMW.

I have been wanting to change but as I drive mostly I don't feel what a new car can give me more apart from a fancy dash and instrument panel.
Old 31st March 2020, 15:20   #145
BHPian

I have a 2015 December manufactured E250 W212. I want to know the NTG version of audio20(with preinstalled Garmin Map pilot). I'm in search for an android upgrade unit for my car. But I'm not able to sort out the NTG version anywhere. Attaching a few pic of my audio20.
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-imageuploadedbyteambhp1585648010.729138.jpg
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-imageuploadedbyteambhp1585648157.982701.jpg
Old 31st March 2020, 15:32   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
I have a 2015 December manufactured E250 W212. I want to know the NTG version of audio20(with preinstalled Garmin Map pilot). I'm in search for an android upgrade unit for my car. But I'm not able to sort out the NTG version anywhere. Attaching a few pic of my audio20.
Enter your VIN number on www.mbepc.net/en/vin/
Here you can see the Comand version along with the list of options specified in your car.
Old 3rd April 2020, 20:22   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
Enter your VIN number on www.mbepc.net/en/vin/
Here you can see the Comand version along with the list of options specified in your car.

Thank you. This is the decode data. It specifies as NTG5
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-imageuploadedbyteambhp1585925442.359408.jpg
I am looking for car play activation with the present audio20 unit or swap over to an after market android unit.
Old 3rd April 2020, 21:42   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Thank you. This is the decode data. It specifies as NTG5
I am looking for car play activation with the present audio20 unit or swap over to an after market android unit.
I’ll suggest you to go for Carplay box. This acts as a middle man between audio 20 unit and the screen.
You have 7” display and will be able to see the icons for Carplay clearly as opposed to a 5” display.
Also, you can switch between Comand and the android OS of box through the buttons on steering.
With this solution you’ll have the high resolution Mercedes screen with vibrant colors and also retain the OEM look.
Dhruv29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2020, 07:07   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
I’ll suggest you to go for Carplay box. This acts as a middle man between audio 20 unit and the screen.

You have 7” display and will be able to see the icons for Carplay clearly as opposed to a 5” display.

Also, you can switch between Comand and the android OS of box through the buttons on steering.

With this solution you’ll have the high resolution Mercedes screen with vibrant colors and also retain the OEM look.

You are rite. I would like to retain the stock interiors of my car. But seeing some videos of the large screen is tempting me go for that unit. I am sure that display quality can never match the stock audio20.
What about the CarPlay box? Any idea about the cost? Is it a plug and play device ? What is the cost for it and from where to buy it?
Old 12th April 2020, 18:52   #150
BHPian

Any suggestions to install a Reverse camera on a W212 pre facelift version. Also my stereo only allows Bluetooth Telephony but does not allow Streaming of Music through Bluetooth. Any suggestions as this is what I feel is lacking in the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks