Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2020, 18:43   #151
BHPian

Re: Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
I’ll suggest you to go for Carplay box. This acts as a middle man between audio 20 unit and the screen.
You have 7” display and will be able to see the icons for Carplay clearly as opposed to a 5” display.
Also, you can switch between Comand and the android OS of box through the buttons on steering.
With this solution you’ll have the high resolution Mercedes screen with vibrant colors and also retain the OEM look.
Does anyone have any idea where one can get this box in india? I contacted somebody who quoted me 50k for setting up the whole thing and that seems a bit too much.
Old 17th May 2020, 19:35   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post
Does anyone have any idea where one can get this box in india? I contacted somebody who quoted me 50k for setting up the whole thing and that seems a bit too much.
You can contact "Automarc" in New Delhi. I was quoted 35k for carplay for my W222.
Dhruv29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 19:46   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post
There are a lot of things that can go wrong on these cars and can be a costly option. The shop mentioned is probably good to pick some accessories, but if something goes wrong, they might not help you.

I got car play activated officially from BMW and later got a car which has this by default and can tell; you are not losing much.

Instead buy a quality mount and use your mobile.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th May 2020 at 19:50.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 12:12   #154
BHPian

I recently purchased a 2013 E250 Launch edition which has built in reverse camera.

While engaging the reverse gear the screen does not automatically switch on and show the rear view image., instead the audio has to be switched on to see the rear view cam on the screen, also the music if playing does not mute itself for the alert chimes to be heard.

Is this normal behavior or is my system having a defect? Could experts help me out on this.
deepeshh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 00:50   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabsi View Post
Yes. In fact, the mechanic offered to come along for the final negotiation and he was sure the cost to fix the issues can be negotiated away from the price.
This thread was so useful, I’m planning on getting one and would like to know whether you went through the purchase and if so how had your experience been?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks