Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 19:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Congrats Rohin , great car , my W211 has clocked 87ooo kms without any hassle, just normal maintenance. Infact we both share same registration number of the car, only mine is a delhi number.
Thank you so much Behaln.
Yup the W211 is just brilliant. My cousins 2005 E200 Kompressor has crossed 90,000kms and is still running strong. It is just the general maintenance which is required.
But off late his E does visit the workshop a lot as quite a few parts have lived their life and need replacement. I guess that is pretty normal.

Nice to meet another Benz owner having the same no.
Old 1st November 2013, 15:13   #32
BHPian

the new E series looks much better in terms of styling and removes that uncle types feeling.
These Alloys are simply the next best part of exterior styling for getting heads turn for second look.
I like the attitude 'The Best or Nothing'. This gives the utmost satisfaction of owning anything what you like.
the best mechanical upgrade is 7G tronic+ transmission, which you already enjoying.

enjoy the looker and drive safe.

Last edited by Nicky : 1st November 2013 at 15:16.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 02:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
the new E series looks much better in terms of styling and removes that uncle types feeling.
These Alloys are simply the next best part of exterior styling for getting heads turn for second look.
I like the attitude 'The Best or Nothing'. This gives the utmost satisfaction of owning anything what you like.
the best mechanical upgrade is 7G tronic+ transmission, which you already enjoying.

enjoy the looker and drive safe.
Hey Nicky.

Thanks a ton.
Yup, the E Class has really lost much of its age and become much younger now. Series is more for BMW.

The alloys are actually the best part of the car along with the LED headlights and tails. They surely do make the car stand out everywhere. The 7G tronic transmission has improved the driveability of this car to a whole new level. Try driving an E with the 5 speed gearbox and then try the 7 speed one, you will get to know what I am saying.

Im trying hard to find a single slat grill for the car, something which comes in the E63 AMG.
Any leads to where I could find one and if it would be to fit on the current front bumper.
Old 3rd November 2013, 00:41   #34
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Rohin !!

The launch edition E250 looks stunning. There is a white one (a E250 CDI Launch Edition) in Ranchi too, bought from the Kolkata dealer and it looks amazing compared to even pricier sedans. Great upgrade from the City, I must say.

Lovely pictures too. I have already seen all those pics in KCF, but still all the pics are just drool stuff. Absolutely love the black-leather-and-aluminium combo interiors. They look totally business class.

Last edited by //M : 3rd November 2013 at 00:43.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 01:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Congratulations Rohin !!

The launch edition E250 looks stunning. There is a white one (a E250 CDI Launch Edition) in Ranchi too, bought from the Kolkata dealer and it looks amazing compared to even pricier sedans. Great upgrade from the City, I must say.

Lovely pictures too. I have already seen all those pics in KCF, but still all the pics are just drool stuff. Absolutely love the black-leather-and-aluminium combo interiors. They look totally business class.
Thanks a ton Anurabh.

Yup I posted those pictures as I clicked them. Writing down the review took me really long.
The interiors are totally crazy.

Did you drive the Ranchi E yet? How did you like it?

The white E launch edition in Ranchi was sold by Sumit Kumar only.
A ML and the E made way together to their place. They have a few Audis too and a W222 S Class is making its way soon to that house too.
Old 4th November 2013, 21:46   #36
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Did you drive the Ranchi E yet? How did you like it?

The white E launch edition in Ranchi was sold by Sumit Kumar only.
A ML and the E made way together to their place. They have a few Audis too and a W222 S Class is making its way soon to that house too.
No I didn't drive it and yes they have a white ML350CDI too, bought alongwith the E250CDI Launch Edition. I am not sure if they have any Audi here, might be in Kolkata.

Where's the W222 S-Class coming? Kolkata or Ranchi?
Old 4th November 2013, 23:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
No I didn't drive it and yes they have a white ML350CDI too, bought alongwith the E250CDI Launch Edition. I am not sure if they have any Audi here, might be in Kolkata.

Where's the W222 S-Class coming? Kolkata or Ranchi?
It is supposed to go to Ranchi, AFAIK.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 22:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats champ. Somedays back I was reading the launch report of the new E-Class, and was thinking that with the Launch edition alloys and sunroof it looks positively brilliant. And there you are, with your own launch-edition. Love the pains you took with all those photos. Preserve her well.

Do update this thread over the ownership period. Will be nice to know how the German belle treats her owner as she grows older
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 07:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Congrats champ. Somedays back I was reading the launch report of the new E-Class, and was thinking that with the Launch edition alloys and sunroof it looks positively brilliant. And there you are, with your own launch-edition. Love the pains you took with all those photos. Preserve her well.

Do update this thread over the ownership period. Will be nice to know how the German belle treats her owner as she grows older
Thank you so much Aniket da.

Yes, I will be updating this thread regularly.
Next proper update comes in December with more detailed pictures and the accessories installed.

It should treat the owner pretty well if its goes for all its services on time and is driven around decently.
Old 10th November 2013, 13:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post

One thing, Merc's are usually designed as high usage cars, the more you use them, the better they stay.
absolutely spot on with this quotation Sir, I simply had to remark on this before reading the next page of the thread!

I agree with you 100%. We have a 190E petrol W201 for past 20 years. It a gem of an automobile. For some reasons we shut it in the garage for around 8-9 years and in that time the fuel pump, distributors, brake, clutch and exhaust systems conked out due to non-usage. When it finally came back on the road and has been ever since, not a single thing is wrong or troublesome. Even after 68,000 miles on the clock, it is still "tight-fitting" and squeek-free!
Old 10th November 2013, 22:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
absolutely spot on with this quotation Sir, I simply had to remark on this before reading the next page of the thread!

I agree with you 100%. We have a 190E petrol W201 for past 20 years. It a gem of an automobile. For some reasons we shut it in the garage for around 8-9 years and in that time the fuel pump, distributors, brake, clutch and exhaust systems conked out due to non-usage. When it finally came back on the road and has been ever since, not a single thing is wrong or troublesome. Even after 68,000 miles on the clock, it is still "tight-fitting" and squeek-free!
I just love the 190E, never loose it. 190E's go on forever.
Old 16th November 2013, 20:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I just love the 190E, never loose it. 190E's go on forever.
True, my cousin's 05 W211 E Class has done almost a lakh kms with just general recommended servicing and basic part replacements once their lives nearing the end.

I have had the chance of getting a spin in a friends Mercedes Benz 190E Cosworth 2.5 16V.
That experience is total bliss.

Last edited by cityvic : 16th November 2013 at 20:55.
cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 19:00   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post

True, my cousin's 05 W211 E Class has done almost a lakh kms with just general recommended servicing and basic part replacements once their lives nearing the end.

I have had the chance of getting a spin in a friends Mercedes Benz 190E Cosworth 2.5 16V.
That experience is total bliss.
Indeed! 21 gun salute to the engineers from the last century for they made military tanks in the disguise of family cars. My 190E has service coupons/reminders going all the way up to 300,000 MILES! Now that's one true promise.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 00:25   #44
BHPian

Great choice of car Rohin.

I personally feel the silver and black is more pleasing to the eye than the more commonly seen white and black combo.

CBU obviously means better build quality. As I said, this one's a keeper. Would love to see this one in person next time both of us are in Kolkata.
octane1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 23:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Great choice of car Rohin.

I personally feel the silver and black is more pleasing to the eye than the more commonly seen white and black combo.

CBU obviously means better build quality. As I said, this one's a keeper. Would love to see this one in person next time both of us are in Kolkata.
Thank you so much Pratik.

Yup the Silver and Black combo looks deadly.
You will be surprised to see the difference in the overall fit and finish between the CBU's and the CKD's.

For sure, please let me know whenever you are in town.

Most Viewed