Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2014, 06:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing

A few pictures taken by a friend.

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-1530372_10202885668411622_449429730_n.jpg

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-1505593_10202885650931185_323456492_n.jpg

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-1545756_10202885650771181_1700436643_n.jpg

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-1536559_10202885656571326_815343668_n.jpg

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-1510866_10202885659331395_822634472_n.jpg

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-1554493_10202885653291244_1396549420_n.jpg

Last edited by cityvic : 14th January 2014 at 06:54.
cityvic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 06:43   #62
Senior - BHPian

The car crossed the 5000km mark while I was there in Calcutta.
Its been a lovely experience so far and the purchase has totally been worth it. Never have I regretted not buying the A6 or the 5 or the XF instead.

The car is really fun to drive and helps get a smile on my face, everytime I drive it. Its pretty rare that the chauffeur gets the chance to drive it when I am in town. The bluetooth pairing with the command system makes it an ease to make and receive calls while driving. The lovely sound system, the panoromic roof and the top notch interiors still continue to please.
Often after having a bad day, switching off the ESP and taking some nice turns really help change the entire mood.
I left the car at around 5800kms when I came back to Philadelphia last week.

Now, 6 months are almost over since us having the car.
It is running about 1000kms monthly.

And yeah, the car still continues to turn heads.
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-image1141644324.jpg

Silver Beauties at home.
2005 E200 Kompressor | 2010 525D | 2013 E250 CDI
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-image529878083.jpg

Last edited by cityvic : 16th January 2014 at 07:05.
cityvic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 02:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Bringing in quite some parts for my car from the States.
Should all be fit in March end when I go back home. Shall post pictures in a few days as the stuff come in my hands.

I am also planning something more intense in the next 6 months for the car.

Meanwhile some news from a birdie.
Mercedes Benz India is launching the E350 Petrol and E350 CDI in the next 6 months in India.
Hopefully they will be making the panoramic roof standard on that one and adding a few more features too on the top end variants.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 06:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

And the first package arrives.
Lip Spoiler for the W212 E Class.

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393549984.387993.jpg
cityvic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

Rohin - you are going crazy What about the boot lip spoiler?

Did you take delivery of the package at Philadelphia? Are you getting it done when you are returning in March?
planet_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 02:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Rohin - you are going crazy What about the boot lip spoiler?

Did you take delivery of the package at Philadelphia? Are you getting it done when you are returning in March?
Haha, thank you.

This is the boot lip spoiler.
Yup, I took the delivery of the package here in Philadelphia.

The spoiler will go on in march, when I am back in town for my vacations.
Old 9th March 2014, 06:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, package number two reaches Calcutta, India.

Mercedes Benz OEM Sport Pedals

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-e-pedals.jpg
cityvic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 22:25   #68
BHPian

congratulations on the beauty you have acquired cityvic!!

honestly i am really glad you stuck to buying the classic silver. with the current wave of everyone buying white cars - silver is a much better choice

though this might come as a very stupid question - but is there an improvement with the rear seating comfort ? honestly compared with the previous gen i found the accord to be much more comfortable at the rear.
samyakmodi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 02:19   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
congratulations on the beauty you have acquired cityvic!!

honestly i am really glad you stuck to buying the classic silver. with the current wave of everyone buying white cars - silver is a much better choice

though this might come as a very stupid question - but is there an improvement with the rear seating comfort ? honestly compared with the previous gen i found the accord to be much more comfortable at the rear.
Thank you so much Saymak.

My main reason for choosing Silver over White was the Black vs Beige interiors thing. Plus silver would be slightly easier to keep as well.

There is a slightly improved rear thigh support on the facelift. The softer nappa leather helps improve the overall seating as well.
The back seat comfort of an Accord is at par with the new E, but the Superb is pure S Class category.
Old 8th April 2014, 14:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Thank you so much Saymak.

My main reason for choosing Silver over White was the Black vs Beige interiors thing. Plus silver would be slightly easier to keep as well.

There is a slightly improved rear thigh support on the facelift. The softer nappa leather helps improve the overall seating as well.
The back seat comfort of an Accord is at par with the new E, but the Superb is pure S Class category.
and honestly i feel putting the original slatted grill will make it look more elegant and less sporty. but then i guess each one has their own preferences.
i personally believe black feels much better in cars this category. and have been very seriously considering the same shade - that is if at all i do buy the E.

how does the nappa help in seating? am i missing something here?

have tried the rear of the superb and quiet honestly other than the HUUUUGEEEE legroom there is nothing to write home about. the back angle also i feel is slightly peculiar. the S infact re-writes the whole game of backseat comfort - and maybe just the bigger marques come in the same league.

when i said the previous E felt much less comfortable than the accord - i was expecting quiet a flank from people here honestly - but to be really honest the accord's rear seat is not just comfortable but it feels "plush" maybe it's the roominess it provides (which the earlier E didn't as much) or maybe it was the ohhhh sooooo soft cushioning which made you feel like you are sitting on a sofa or maybe it was the back angle - all in all it always felt more comfortable than the earlier E

i am glad they have improved the comfort on this one - will probably ask them to send a car for test drive soon
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 16:57   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
and honestly i feel putting the original slatted grill will make it look more elegant and less sporty. but then i guess each one has their own preferences.
i personally believe black feels much better in cars this category. and have been very seriously considering the same shade - that is if at all i do buy the E.

how does the nappa help in seating? am i missing something here?
The launch editions with the Nappa leather have slightly softer seats when compared to the standard CKD's Artico leather. You can totally feel the difference by sitting in both.

I did think of changing the front grill to the Avantgarde/Elegance slat style with the tristar popping out of the bonnet, but I scrapped it as one would have to change the bumper for that too. The car would definitely look stunning with that change.
The other launch edition in Calcutta has got its front bumper and grill changed to that of the Avantgarde/Elegance style. I shall post pictures of it soon.

I now plan to change the grill to the single slat AMG style or the get the AMG styling front bumper as it would be something different and it would look really hot too.

Last edited by cityvic : 8th April 2014 at 16:58.
Old 9th April 2014, 17:22   #72
Senior - BHPian

Debadged
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_9757.jpg

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_9756.jpg

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_9755.jpg

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_9808.jpg

E Twins
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_9857.jpg

No Spoiler
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_9854.jpg

With Spoiler
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_9855.jpg

Looks hott!
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_9879.jpg

E Trio
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_9954.jpg

Back to base.
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_0505.jpg

Last edited by cityvic : 9th April 2014 at 17:43.
cityvic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 19:32   #73
BHPian

It seems I came across your review a little late in the day. Great review and awesome pictures dude !
The black and silver trim looks awesome. Also how would rate the transmission on your E vs the F10 8 speed one ?
Congratulations and wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car. :-)

Cheers
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 12:53   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Also how would rate the transmission on your E vs the F10 8 speed one ?
IMO, 8sp ZF (bmw) shifts super quick, smooth, great for enthusiastic driving. Also it is much more intuitive to switch between Sport and Eco modes using it's joystick like gear knob.

7G Tronic (mercedes) is not as quick, occasionally jerky. As with any 'slow' AT, you need to pay attention while overtaking. But it is fantastic in crawling stop/go traffic situations. ZF is too "eager" so stop/starts are not smooth and can get on your nerves if you happen to get stuck in a long traffic crawl.

I personally prefer 7G because lot of my commute is in slow city traffic. When the traffic improves and I want the transmission to respond quicker, I use a combination of sport mode, paddles, kick-down, etc. Or maybe I am just an old man :-)
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 12:12   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
IMO, 8sp ZF (bmw) shifts super quick, smooth, great for enthusiastic driving. Also it is much more intuitive to switch between Sport and Eco modes using it's joystick like gear knob.

7G Tronic (mercedes) is not as quick, occasionally jerky. As with any 'slow' AT, you need to pay attention while overtaking. But it is fantastic in crawling stop/go traffic situations. ZF is too "eager" so stop/starts are not smooth and can get on your nerves if you happen to get stuck in a long traffic crawl.

I personally prefer 7G because lot of my commute is in slow city traffic. When the traffic improves and I want the transmission to respond quicker, I use a combination of sport mode, paddles, kick-down, etc. Or maybe I am just an old man :-)
Thank you Androdev for an excellent explanation
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks