Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2014, 22:28   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Thank you so much Karan.

I don't think an ownership review will be up soon since I have 2 more threads on Gumball 3000 and the Philly Auto Show in the Assembly Line. Once those are done you can expect a thread on the S Class W222 twins.

In the meanwhile, I can post some more pictures of the S on this thread if anyone wants to see them.
Did i just read twins?!
That is a true masterpiece that you have in your garage! Congo!!!
Do share some pics of the 'S'
Old 20th July 2014, 17:37   #92
BHPian

Re: Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
IMO, 8sp ZF (bmw) shifts super quick, smooth, great for enthusiastic driving. Also it is much more intuitive to switch between Sport and Eco modes using it's joystick like gear knob.

7G Tronic (mercedes) is not as quick, occasionally jerky. As with any 'slow' AT, you need to pay attention while overtaking. But it is fantastic in crawling stop/go traffic situations. ZF is too "eager" so stop/starts are not smooth and can get on your nerves if you happen to get stuck in a long traffic crawl.

I personally prefer 7G because lot of my commute is in slow city traffic. When the traffic improves and I want the transmission to respond quicker, I use a combination of sport mode, paddles, kick-down, etc. Or maybe I am just an old man :-)
Well Put Androdev. Eventually though i guess it's just getting the pulse of the car right.. one learns to drive around the flaws and exploit the strengths.
Old 28th July 2014, 11:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Y that question I say ?
First of all Congratulations!, your's must be the first on the forum. The color looks beautiful. Please do share pics of the new 'S'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Did i just read twins?!
That is a true masterpiece that you have in your garage! Congo!!!
Do share some pics of the 'S'
Thank you.

We are expecting the delivery of a White S350 CDI W222 soon.
Shall post pictures asap.

Will also be posting an update on the E class within a few days.
Old 29th July 2014, 12:13   #94
Senior - BHPian

W222 S350 CDI | W212 E250 CDI
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406616012.344638.jpg

With my cousins 5 and Q5.
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406616060.676635.jpg

E63 AMG Grill on Anish9000's E Class. Getting the same for my car soon too.
Your views?
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406616090.426641.jpg
cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 12:19   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Your views?
IMHO the grille on your car is looking much better than the AMG grille, so dont change it

If you want some AMG styling then do get the front bumper, thats really aggressive & will suit your stock launch edition kit as well

Last edited by karan561 : 29th July 2014 at 12:21.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 12:22   #96
BHPian

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing

Quote:
W222 S350 CDI | W212 E250 CDI
Attachment 1267561

With my cousins 5 and Q5.
Attachment 1267562

Your views?
Attachment 1267563
I agree with Karan, the current grill on the car looks much more elegant than the AMG Grill, may be you can try AMG body kit or something, again the current bumpers look real good and need no change
Old 29th July 2014, 12:48   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Work commute today :-) Forgot to avoid this route on Ramadan day but it was an interesting experience. Nandi Durga Road, Bangalore.

androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 09:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
IMHO the grille on your car is looking much better than the AMG grille, so dont change it

If you want some AMG styling then do get the front bumper, thats really aggressive & will suit your stock launch edition kit as well
Quote:
I agree with Karan, the current grill on the car looks much more elegant than the AMG Grill, may be you can try AMG body kit or something, again the current bumpers look real good and need no change
Alright guys. Thank you so much for your valuable opinions.
Will stick to the stock grill and will get the AMG styling kit if needed in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Work commute today :-) Forgot to avoid this route on Ramadan day but it was an interesting experience. Nandi Durga Road, Bangalore.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=kNhIrBQh-u4
Haha, that is quite an interesting commute.
Old 31st July 2014, 10:39   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Haha, that is quite an interesting commute.
Oops sorry, I thought I posted that video on my car ownership thread. Didn't realize I posted this here. Seems a bit off-topic - but maybe one can appreciate the wonderful transmission of Mercedes in such slow traffic
Old 6th August 2014, 23:14   #100
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes Benz E250 Elegance W212 | Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition W212
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-imageuploadedbyteambhp1407347027.623602.jpg

E250 W212 | 525D F10 | E250 CDI W212 | Q5 2.0TDI
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-imageuploadedbyteambhp1407347047.566139.jpg
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 23:29   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new E class and thanks for sharing the photographs.

A related question to all members -- could you help me with your experience with Mercedes' after sales service. My wife & I were inches away from purchasing an E250 last month when I decided to talk to 4 business associates who owned the earlier E class on their experience with Mercedes' after sales service and the car's reliability in Indian conditions. Unfortunately 3 of the 4 gave very worrisome feedback as a consequence of which we put our purchase on hold. Can other members please share feedback you may have on Mercedes' after sales service. Sorry CityVic this is not meant to dampen your joy. I wish you many miles of happy driving in your new car.
Old 7th August 2014, 07:19   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
could you help me with your experience with Mercedes' after sales service. My wife & I were inches away from purchasing an E250 last month
no personal experience but Mercedes does offer maintenance packages , did you enquired about those . Also have a look at 520-D , BMW is offering 4 Year BSI packs / Low Interest EMI
Old 7th August 2014, 14:53   #103
BHPian

Hey Cityvic,

The other day i was going through few pics of the CLA launch event, and came across the E-class AMG. The AMG bumper has completely transformed the car. Instead of the grille, may be you can swap the bumper. Posting an image motoroids review.

Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-835x555xmercedescla45amgtrackreview31.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9cdu_yjqsn.jpg
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 10:29   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Congratulations on your new E class and thanks for sharing the photographs.
Thank you.

Firstly the E Class is pretty reliable. There is nothing like the car wont last you long or will give you too many troubles.
We still have a 2005 E Class run 1.5L+ and it still does its daily duty.
Once the car gets older, basic wear and tear parts will need replacement.

And for modern cars, you now have the option for option for the 3-4 year maintenance pack so that would help do everything leaving a smaller dent on your wallet as earlier when such packs were not there.

As per our personal experience of owning almost all of these brands in Calcutta.
Merc seems to the best in after sales, followed by JLR then Audi and then finally BMW.

Quote:
Hey Cityvic,

The other day i was going through few pics of the CLA launch event, and came across the E-class AMG. The AMG bumper has completely transformed the car. Instead of the grille, may be you can swap the bumper. Posting an image motoroids review.
Hey, thanks.
Always had the E63 front bumper in my mind. But still in two thoughts because the 18's will look too small with it.

Coming up on the next post.
1 year, 13k kms and 1st service report.

Last edited by cityvic : 21st August 2014 at 10:30.
cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 19:41   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Cityvic, thank you for sharing your feedback. I am looking forward to your first year end report on both the experience of the car as well as the experience with the A.S.S. Clearly in Calcutta you are receiving better A.S.S. than available from T&T Motors in NCR. My heart still yearns for a Merc; the E250 or even maybe the new C expected in 2015. The Merc represents the high end of status for folks of my generation in a way a BMW or Audi cannot. But the horror stories I read on the net and hear from friends has held me back. You are one satisfied customer and I am happy for you. Look forward to the one year report. Thanks in advance - Narayan.

Quote:

Firstly the E Class is pretty reliable. There is nothing like the car wont last you long or will give you too many troubles.

We still have a 2005 E Class run 1.5L+ and it still does its daily duty.

Coming up on the next post.
1 year, 13k kms and 1st service report.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks