Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 09:34   #106
BHPian

re: Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
how does petrol ertiga feel with AC on and how does 1.4 petrol feel compared to diesel? Any drag?
No drag or no under power feel with AC. I have travelled with full capacity on ghat road, no engine lag at all. I feel Petrol is best VFM. On highway diesel is very relaxed where petrol is good in 80 to 100 kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
What you could have done is,you could have placed them on the same level with the main headlight.Believe me the Ertiga looks more butch with those aux lights.
Finally took care of the vibration,I reinforced the clamps and now they are much better.
Glad to know, you have fixed the issue. yes that clamp was the culprit.
As yours is HELLA, they are little heavy for that clamp.

I am now looking for a VFM projector setup for my ertiga.
KALINGA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 20:49   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
No drag or no under power feel with AC. I have travelled with full capacity on ghat road, no engine lag at all. I feel Petrol is best VFM. On highway diesel is very relaxed where petrol is good in 80 to 100 kmph.
Sorry, but a bit confused. Did you drive the Ertiga petrol, with full AC, fully loaded (how many adults/kids... appox. how much in Kgs total), on ghat roads ? Mind sharing which ghat roads ?

Usual ghat roads are doable in most cars, but there are some extreme ghat roads (like 36 HPB route to Ooty via Masinagudi)... that have some scary gradients, and very sharp turns.

Read some other posts on TBHP that indicate that Ertiga Petrols feels pretty underpowered for hills, and thus the query to clarify.
Old 10th December 2015, 23:04   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
Sorry, but a bit confused. Did you drive the Ertiga petrol, with full AC, fully loaded (how many adults/kids... appox. how much in Kgs total), on ghat roads ? Mind sharing which ghat roads ?

Usual ghat roads are doable in most cars, but there are some extreme ghat roads (like 36 HPB route to Ooty via Masinagudi)... that have some scary gradients, and very sharp turns.

Read some other posts on TBHP that indicate that Ertiga Petrols feels pretty under powered for hills, and thus the query to clarify.
I have traveled with 5 audlt & 2 Kid and sometimes with 6 adult. Ghat road include Mumbai Pune ghat section, lonavala to Amby vally, Pune to Lavasa and many small ghats/inclines . All my drive are with 100% AC.

I am not aware of 36 HPB route to Ooty via Masinagudi so can not comment on that road.

But i never fill ertiga petrol is under powered. Yes on highway the diesel ertiga is more relaxed. But again ZDi is almost 2.5 lac more then petrol model(Zxi).

In this budget Ertiga petrol is best VFM.

If you have no budget constraint then there are many powerful option available in market. My budget was strictly 8.5 lacs(On Road Price). After many test drive of new car/SUV/ MUV...i choose Ertiga.

Mine is now nearing 40000 KM in flat 2.4 yrs. And i am enjoying each and every moment with my LUV.

Also planning for a 5000KM of tour is going on. This will include at least 3 state in 15 days.

I will update once the trip is completed.

Feel free to ask any question regarding petrol Ertiga. I will happy to answer your query.
Old 29th December 2015, 09:52   #109
BHPian

UPDATE :
Completed 40,000 KM in 2.5 yrs. Nothing to complain & No major issue till now.
Tyres are seems to be good for another 10,000 KM.
Mileage consistent 11 to 13 kmpl in city and 14 to 17 kmpl in highway depends upon the traffic and driving style.

Still drives like as it was in day one.
Am i happy with my LUV ?

A big YES

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151229_091449.jpg

Some pics of my Ertiga as of today.

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20150802_191756.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151018_123201.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151213_153542.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151018_123150.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151213_153534.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151213_153553.jpg

Last edited by KALINGA : 29th December 2015 at 09:54.
KALINGA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 11:12   #110
BHPian

40,000 KM Service Update:

Actual KM at the time of service : 40,191 KM

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151231_161558.jpg

Nothing major repair. Only periodic maintenance with wheel balancing and alignment.

Total estimated cost was around Rs 8.500.
I had a free wheel balancing and alignment coupon, so the final bill was Rs.7,735.

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151231_171739.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20151231_171749.jpg

I do not know, if 1KG of grease required for ertiga.

Also i was expecting a brake pad change but it was in good condition so just cleaned it.

Last edited by KALINGA : 6th January 2016 at 11:15.
Old 6th January 2016, 12:55   #111
BHPian

Hi Kalinga. Nice to know the about the performance of your Ertiga. I too own a Ertiga ZXI for the last two years. Completed around 25K Kms. No isssues till now. I too am a regular traveller on the Mumbai-Pune section. No power shortage felt at any time. Not even when going up to Matheran, which is very steep at some parts. Enjoying the smooth petrol engine. Just recently however, there are some sounds coming from near the front wheels. I guess it is the lower arms or the brake calipers, which is so typical to the Marutis. Plan to check the same during the next service. Another desirable thing is the road noise especially on concrete roads. I think that can be taken care by changing to Michelins once the existing tyres are worn out.
SachinVD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 13:57   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]4

I do not know, if 1KG of grease required for ertiga.
They charged you for just 0.100 kgs (100 grams) of grease ~ Rs 120.
A kilo, as per bill, would cost Rs 1217
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 14:09   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachinVD View Post
Hi Kalinga. Nice to know the about the performance of your Ertiga. I too own a Ertiga ZXI for the last two years. Completed around 25K Kms. No isssues till now. I too am a regular traveller on the Mumbai-Pune section. No power shortage felt at any time. Not even when going up to Matheran, which is very steep at some parts. Enjoying the smooth petrol engine. Just recently however, there are some sounds coming from near the front wheels. I guess it is the lower arms or the brake calipers, which is so typical to the Marutis. Plan to check the same during the next service. Another desirable thing is the road noise especially on concrete roads. I think that can be taken care by changing to Michelins once the existing tyres are worn out.
Hi SachinVD,

Yes, i also never feel any lagging in petrol ertiga till now. Regarding the noise from front wheel, i felt the same from my ertiga also. Please check the previous page, i have written details with the pictures of parts changed. Also this time MASS changed a part in steering (Forgot the name of the part).

Yes the road noise can be reduced by changing the tyres to better brand. I am very happy with the stock tyre though it have very prominent road noise. My tyres still have life. It can go upto 50,000 KM.

My next upgrade will be definitely 195/65/R15 size. Not decided on the brand. May go with Goodyear or Bridgestone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
They charged you for just 0.100 kgs (100 grams) of grease ~ Rs 120.
A kilo, as per bill, would cost Rs 1217
Yes sir.
Thank you very much for the pointer.
Old 10th February 2016, 11:11   #114

Hi Kalinga,
You have a sweet ride there. I have also been mulling the idea of purchasing a seven seater for family. I have been confused between mobilio and ertiga for a long time, but my father liked the looks of latter more than the former. So it has been finalised that the next car would be Ertiga.
Now the only problem is choosing between ZDI or ZXI.
We already own 3 cars, a hatch (i20), sedan (accent) and SUV (thar). All of them are diesel cars. We are thinking of selling accent and replacing it with Ertiga. The car will mostly be driven by my dad and it will also be the car we take on highways with family (we are six adults). We often tour chandigarh-delhi-chandigarh and chandigarh-manali-chandigarh every 2-3 months.
Therefore the car would mostly be a highway runner. What do you think would be a more ideal choice for me, ZXI or ZDI.
Old 10th February 2016, 22:54   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moun10 View Post
Hi Kalinga,
You have a sweet ride there. I have also been mulling the idea of purchasing a seven seater for family. I have been confused between mobilio and ertiga for a long time, but my father liked the looks of latter more than the former. So it has been finalised that the next car would be Ertiga.
Now the only problem is choosing between ZDI or ZXI.
We already own 3 cars, a hatch (i20), sedan (accent) and SUV (thar). All of them are diesel cars. We are thinking of selling accent and replacing it with Ertiga. The car will mostly be driven by my dad and it will also be the car we take on highways with family (we are six adults). We often tour chandigarh-delhi-chandigarh and chandigarh-manali-chandigarh every 2-3 months.
Therefore the car would mostly be a highway runner. What do you think would be a more ideal choice for me, ZXI or ZDI.
Hi Moun10,

If your monthly usage is less then 1500 KM then Petrol (ZXi) is good for you, else go for Diesel(ZDi).

Both the engines are capable and reliable. If your monthly running is low then go for petrol model.

Petrol engine has tremendous torque available across the range. No issue in city and highway as well.

Thanx
KALINGA
Old 11th February 2016, 11:00   #116

Quote:
Hi Moun10,

If your monthly usage is less then 1500 KM then Petrol (ZXi) is good for you, else go for Diesel(ZDi).

Both the engines are capable and reliable. If your monthly running is low then go for petrol model.

Petrol engine has tremendous torque available across the range. No issue in city and highway as well.

Thanx
KALINGA
Thanks,
Yeah the average monthly running would be around 750-800 kms, with odd 1000 km months, but yeah it would not exceed 1500. so we have rounded it to a petrol ertiga.
Now I am getting confused between vxi AT or zxi.

Do you think AT has an added benefit and smoother drivability
Old 11th February 2016, 13:34   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moun10 View Post
Thanks,
Yeah the average monthly running would be around 750-800 kms, with odd 1000 km months, but yeah it would not exceed 1500. so we have rounded it to a petrol ertiga.
Now I am getting confused between vxi AT or zxi.

Do you think AT has an added benefit and smoother drivability
If you specially need an AT then go for it otherwise ZXi is the best. Zxi has excellent KMPL in city and highway as well.
AT model should have less KMPL than manual.

I will suggest ZXi for your usage. Also you get double Airbag and height adjustable driver seat and many more feature against VXi AT.

UPDATE :

LUV completed 42000 KM now.
Added some more product to my detailing kit. I got excellent VFM product which also lasting for a long time.

Also yesterday clean the engine bay and apply the protectant on it. Result was awesome.

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-1.jpg

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-2.jpg

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-3.jpg

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-engine_4.jpg

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160210_141241.jpg

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160210_141308.jpg

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160210_141316.jpg

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160210_141329.jpg

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160210_141344.jpg

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160210_141415.jpg

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20160210_141657.jpg
KALINGA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 23:47   #118
BHPian

Dear Kalinga,

Went through your entire thread. Very well written and you have captured all the details nicely.
You detailing collection is simply awesome. Hats off.

I became a proud owner of Ertiga ZXI+ Silky silver this week. Would need some help from you in following areas;

1. Seat covers: I have similar color on my mind. Glad I read all the updates.
- Did you go for art leather? How is the feel, durability?
- Since middle row seats slide and move a lot how are they holding up?
- Is the seat color matching the overall theme? Did you compare any other colors?

2. Detailing stuff: I like to keep my ride spotless and love doing all the cleaning. I have very basic stuff with me right now. So will need help in stocking the right things.
- Please confirm what all things should I get to get started.
- The all beige interior scares me sometime. I guess it will take maximum energy. Not sure whether you are using any specific cleaner for it. I may have missed it in your updates.

Thanks once again.
Old 10th January 2017, 14:43   #119
BHPian

UPDATE : Actually lots of updates
  • Completed 50000 KM service
  • Tyre changed
  • Upgraded the Tyres to 195/65/R15
  • Goodyear brand Tyres. (Assurance Triple max)
  • Ground clearance has increased to almost 8 mm.

Done a 1000 km drive (Pune --> Goa --> Pune) immediately after the Tyre change.
Now the car has awesome stability and comfort. This is the best size for the Ertiga. I wish Maruti should give this as standard fitment.
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-tyre_1.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-tyre_2.jpg
Now I have covered almost 7000 KM after the Tyre change. Maintaining 32 psi in all 4 Tyres.
Nothing to report as such. All is well till now. KMPL is constant. I did not feel any change in KMPL after the Tyre upgrade.
Current mileage :
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_20170109_064555.jpg
Found an excellent car detailer in Pune. Which is pretty cheap and doing much more work than 3M.
http://www.aquatintdetailing.com

Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-aq1.jpg
Hatch Back To "LUV" - My New Ertiga ZXi. EDIT: Now sold!-aq2.jpg
This is my personal experience.
Note : I am not associate with "Aquatint" . Sharing only my personal experience.

Last edited by KALINGA : 10th January 2017 at 14:49.
Old 10th January 2017, 15:55   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
40,000 KM Service Update:
Why is a 5w30 oil used for the engine?

Don't all K Series engines use 0w20 grade oil now?

The Ciaz manual specifies only 0w20 for the 1.4 VVT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks