Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2013, 18:25   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran Ahmad Ali View Post
When I simply don't need four wheels to work why should they be ?

I disagree on the service part. Own / owned 4 Mitsubhishis . Have had excellent after sales service
I agree on both counts. The reason for not offering a 2H option is just to save cost, and therefore to offer a lower price for the car.

As to service, it also depends on having a good relationship with the garage folks.

I only disagree with the poor Toyota service part - my experience has been very good. I am surprised to hear about your experiences, must be the exception that proves the rule?
Old 26th July 2013, 18:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
I read up about the touchscreen you wanted . The chandigarh dealership I was talking they said they can get a system from mitsubhishi. If you want I can get back on this.
The dealer here also confirmed that the system they're putting in their recent anniversary edition will be available for customers by mid-august. I rely heavily on google maps on my iPhone and actually like them very much. It would be great if I can find out any system which supports google maps.. may be an android based or the one that can stream from my iPhone. If you've any info on this, do pitch in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Did you check out XUV500? It seems to be good for tall guys, though I have not checked it out personally.
Just a personal thing.. I was not too keen on Mahindra. But recently one of my colleague bought one and I had a chance to check it out space wise, it looked okay to me space-wise. My head was touching the roof but that's because the seat is in the top position but I think by turning it all the way down it should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
In a part time 4WD if driven on hard surface with 4x4 engaged the transmission case and transfer case will get damaged. It is not recommended.

This is just advice, punters may drive on highways in 4WD low if they wish to do so.
If you see the last photograph on this thread you'll notice a information sticker on using the transfer shift lever which states:
2H (2WD)-------------- DRY PAVED ROAD
4H (Full-Time 4WD) ------- DRY PAVED ROAD OR SLIPPERY ROAD

I don't think a company would write that if there is such high risk as you mentioned. There should be some understanding gap here between you and Mitsubishi.

Here's that pic for your reference:

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-i15.jpg

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th August 2013 at 07:27.
satpalsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 19:12   #48
BHPian

Amazing and musculine. Its a pretty nice choice indeed. Rule the roads.
Nikz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 19:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Could you please post some pictures of third row seating and the leg room there?
Here's two for your reference. Also note that the middle seats in Pajero Sport also have levers to move it fwd or back.. In these photos the middle seats are all the way back. So one can create a little more legroom in the last row seats by moving those middle seats fwd if required.

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-i16.jpg
satpalsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 20:10   #50
BHPian

Congratulations on your buy Satpal. This is the first time i have read an owner's report of a Pajero. Thanks for posting it. Also I have to say that an Indica to Pajero is one hell of an upgrade.
siddarthbh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 23:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

I agree on both counts. The reason for not offering a 2H option is just to save cost, and therefore to offer a lower price for the car.

As to service, it also depends on having a good relationship with the garage folks.

I only disagree with the poor Toyota service part - my experience has been very good. I am surprised to hear about your experiences, must be the exception that proves the rule?
I just know for a fact that it certainly doesn't feel right that the four wheels work and certainly wastes fuel. When I pay the same amount for the fortuner and Pajero and I had to choose one I'd rather choose the one where I have an option .

Toyota service was excellent till a few years back ! I've had a bad bad experience with my fortuner and my driver also complains that he's treated differently With both the vehicles . It's not expected of a company most go with for good A.S.S .

Best wishes
Imran
Old 27th July 2013, 00:51   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That is nice to know Karan.

Could you please elaborate on what you witnessed? It would be a great insight.
During our recent OTR to Lonavala there was a slushy up slope (called the Devils back) which was extremely slippery & challenging for any Stock SUV.

However there was a Land Rover Discovery 4 which was stuck & was trying very hard to cover it but failed miserably, but the Pajero Sport crossed it without any drama.

Check out the video of the Pajero Sport & LR D4s attempt

You can read more here;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...ml#post3167560

Last edited by karan561 : 27th July 2013 at 00:53.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 10:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post

The dealer here also confirmed that the system they're putting in their recent anniversary edition will be available for customers by mid-august. I rely heavily on google maps on my iPhone and actually like them very much. It would be great if I can find out any system which supports google maps.. may be an android based or the one that can stream from my iPhone. If you've any info on this, do pitch in.
Yeah but this probably has Map my India ? I am not sure on that but it's developed with kenwood. One of the things earlier holding me back was the system. A lot of people put the existing info system where the music system is and put a touchscreen on top . I was worried of the fit and finish and warranty. With the new system atleast I don't have to worry on those issues.

Best wishes
Imran
Old 27th July 2013, 10:39   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
During our recent OTR to Lonavala there was a slushy up slope (called the Devils back) which was extremely slippery & challenging for any Stock SUV.

However there was a Land Rover Discovery 4 which was stuck & was trying very hard to cover it but failed miserably, but the Pajero Sport crossed it without any drama.

Its not only about the power and technology of machines it also depends a lot on driver experience and skill! Every manoeuvre has to be precise. A lot depends on throttle control as well. If the LR driver was in the Pajero it would've probably got stuck!

Now I dont want to start arguing on this and would appreciate if you dont as well. We can go on forever, you presented your view & I did the same. Lets keep it simple.

Last edited by Y@SH : 27th July 2013 at 10:41.
Y@SH is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 11:03   #55
BHPian

Congrats Satpal!
A really good choice! I'm a little old school, so I still like the old boxy design of the Pajero .
But felt the new Pajero was solidly built and rugged looking!
Good luck with the ownership. Would be eagerly awaiting your long term ownership
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 11:23   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Its not only about the power and technology of machines it also depends a lot on driver experience and skill! Every manoeuvre has to be precise. A lot depends on throttle control as well.
True. And the LR driver lost momentum, which is no no in such conditions. The video does show exactly the effect of all the drive power going to wheel that has the least traction, rendering even a 4x4 helpless. Without momentum, the only way out would be with diff locks on front and rear axles as well.
But that said, and other things being equal, very few cars can equal the capability of the old Pajero in such conditions. I suspect that the Pajero sport is slightly lacking in comparison by not having LSD on the rear axle. Even so, a very capable car off road in the right hands.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 12:08   #57
BHPian

Hearty Congrats on your purchase dude!! Indica to Pajero Sport - What an upgrade!!

As many people said, you are the first one who posted an ownership report on this forum. I was actually waiting for one from a long time.

By the way, I stay very near to that Mitsubishi showroom. PM or mail me if possible.

There is a lot happening here with TBHPians Hyderabad. Check out this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...2013-a-34.html

And please do join the meet if you can and display your mighty beast to our fellow BHPians.

Last edited by madhav14 : 27th July 2013 at 12:21. Reason: spelling mistake
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 12:20   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you Karan, for that video. I read your travelogue and saw the Disco's photograph as well but did not expect it to fail that bad.
The Sport clearly had the advantage of proper low range and hence was able to walk out of the incline easily, probably in 3rd gear with 4L.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 12:32   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Its not only about the power and technology of machines it also depends a lot on driver experience and skill! Every manoeuvre has to be precise. A lot depends on throttle control as well. If the LR driver was in the Pajero it would've probably got stuck!

Now I dont want to start arguing on this and would appreciate if you dont as well. We can go on forever, you presented your view & I did the same. Lets keep it simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thank you Karan, for that video. I read your travelogue and saw the Disco's photograph as well but did not expect it to fail that bad.
The Sport clearly had the advantage of proper low range and hence was able to walk out of the incline easily, probably in 3rd gear with 4L.
Also as rightly pointed out the LR's technique was wrong + he tried this with 5 passengers aboard. Later they stepped out but still wasnt able to clear the same patch.

Also a point to note is that the LR was running on Good Year wrangler Highway terrain tires & the Pajero was on Apollo Hawkz A/T.

But at the end of the day the Pajero cleared & thats what counts
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 12:42   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah but this probably has Map my India ? I am not sure on that but it's developed with kenwood.
The new 2DIN ICE which has now been fitted on vehicle as an OEM fitment is a Kenwood unit with touchscreen, a reverse camera, BT integration and an MMI interface. However, it does have a rotary dial and a few button on its left side.
The biggest drawback however, is that this unit now takes the place of the older MFD unit and hence the Pajero Sports now loses its MFD with its altimeter, barometer, compass, fuel consumption and outside temparature readings, in other words the complete Mitsubishi experience.

What was Mitsubishi thinking??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
True. And the LR driver lost momentum, which is no no in such conditions. The video does show exactly the effect of all the drive power going to wheel that has the least traction, rendering even a 4x4 helpless. Without momentum, the only way out would be with diff locks on front and rear axles as well.
Sawyer, long time.
The Disco 4 has a Haldex unit coupled with LR's famous Terrain Response System which, technically speaking, has the ability to transfer torque to the required wheel in such situations. I feel, the Disco's driver had not chosen the correct mode in the vehicle before attempting to climb this incline. Had he chosen "Mud and Ruts" instead of "Sand/Snow and Slush" (my assumption), the vehicle would have made it.
OT: What do you drive these days?
Quote:
Also a point to note is that the LR was running on Good Year wrangler Highway terrain tires & the Pajero was on Apollo Hawkz A/T.
Well, the Apollo Hawks are amongst the worst tires one could have, on any car and they are the first thing most people change, when they buy a Pajero Sport.

Nevertheless, a nice video and thank you once again.

Last edited by n.devdath : 27th July 2013 at 12:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks