Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2013, 22:20   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

Quote:
am sure you are planning to upload many more with all kinds of details which this forum is interested, for sure.
Hi Satpal,

Any more justice in the form of interior pictures is welcome.

Will aid in future buyers decision making.
Old 16th August 2013, 22:40   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post

Hi Satpal,

Any more justice in the form of interior pictures is welcome.

Will aid in future buyers decision making.
I uploaded various interior shots after your initial post in the main thread, you might have already checked it.

Let me know if you're looking for something specific.. I'll try to do a photo shoot again for the areas I didn't captured earlier.
Old 17th August 2013, 18:23   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Satpal.

If you can upload some pictures of the seating comfort(some body sitting in it) for the 2nd & 3rd rows, it will be great.

Just running a comparision with some others makes.
Old 20th August 2013, 15:18   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post

I uploaded various interior shots after your initial post in the main thread, you might have already checked it.

Let me know if you're looking for something specific.. I'll try to do a photo shoot again for the areas I didn't captured earlier.
Greetings

Any update on the indash system ?. Getting my Pajero Sport on Sunday . So need to work on the system fast . I spoke to the dealership about their unit but they said that Mitsubishi takes the old unit back . It's an exchange . I want the MID also so a different unit shall be best.
Got mine in black . The Decals on the side looked cheap to me nor was I interested in the other stuff apart from the spoiler so opted to go without the anniversary edition.
Hope to start an ownership thread soon.
Best wishes
Imran
Old 21st August 2013, 13:18   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran Ahmad Ali View Post
Greetings

Any update on the indash system ?. Getting my Pajero Sport on Sunday . So need to work on the system fast . I spoke to the dealership about their unit but they said that Mitsubishi takes the old unit back . It's an exchange . I want the MID also so a different unit shall be best.
Got mine in black . The Decals on the side looked cheap to me nor was I interested in the other stuff apart from the spoiler so opted to go without the anniversary edition.
Hope to start an ownership thread soon.
Best wishes
Imran
First of all Congratulations on your purchase!

I haven't upgraded my indash system yet. As I mentioned earlier, I'm more inclined towards using a system that supports Google Maps, so still on the lookout.

I also don't like the side decals, they looked good on the old Pajero but doesn't look as good on the Pajero Sport. I think the spoiler you'll get at around 9k.

Is there any price difference between the normal version and the anniversary edition? If not, then you can try getting the spoiler complimentary from them.
satpalsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 14:35   #81
BHPian

Quote:

First of all Congratulations on your purchase!

I haven't upgraded my indash system yet. As I mentioned earlier, I'm more inclined towards using a system that supports Google Maps, so still on the lookout.

I also don't like the side decals, they looked good on the old Pajero but doesn't look as good on the Pajero Sport. I think the spoiler you'll get at around 9k.

Is there any price difference between the normal version and the anniversary edition? If not, then you can try getting the spoiler complimentary from them.
Greetings

Thank you . It was the only SUV from mitsubhishi we didn't have .

That's what I wanted to check whether you've decided on the system or not . True the decals suited the older pajeros but on this it looks funny and out of place. I ll check up 9k isn't bad at all for a spoiler . I remember the Lancer back then had its spoiler for 30k.

There is a cost difference between the models . Not sure but around 80k I think . So isn't worth the extra cost at all. I ll get the spoiler n the system done .

Hope for the best . Thankyou for your input and wishes . Grateful

Regards
Imran
Imran Ahmad Ali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 16:12   #82
BHPian

Quote:
True the decals suited the older pajeros but on this it looks funny and out of place.
Mitsubishi uploaded a pic on their Facebook page with a Pajero Sport which has the side decal with just 'Pajero' written on it. It somehow looked better than the 'Pajero Sport' decal. Maybe the guy used to old sticker. Since you're buying the black version, thought of sharing it with you..

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-pajero.jpg
satpalsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 19:05   #83
BHPian

Quote:

Mitsubishi uploaded a pic on their Facebook page with a Pajero Sport which has the side decal with just 'Pajero' written on it. It somehow looked better than the 'Pajero Sport' decal. Maybe the guy used to old sticker. Since you're buying the black version, thought of sharing it with you..
I saw it and agree it certainly looks better than the sport logo but I prefer my cars without any stickers what so ever . Even on the windshield I stick no stickers . The ones mandatory I laminate them and put it on the dash just when needed. And that's probably an aftermarket sticker because its the one used on sfxs ! I know because the one I was using had exactly the same and I always cribbed about doing away with if even on that . But the scare of peeling off the paint was the hindrance .

Still confused on the music system . Getting my car earlier . Can't wait till Sunday . I am sure you know the feeling . Haha

Best wishes
Imran
Imran Ahmad Ali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 19:24   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Getting my car earlier . Can't wait till Sunday . I am sure you know the feeling . Haha
Cool. Eager to hear your experience as well. Let me know once you finalize the music system. I heard one which Pioneer launched which connects with the smartphones to display certain apps on the dashboard, not sure about its actual feedback. Check it out in case you get a chance. http://www.appradioknows.com/
Old 4th September 2013, 14:48   #85
BHPian

Quote:
And here's the video published by Mitsubishi of that Heart in Mouth event that we attended earlier...
I'm too late! But still, Many congratulations on Pajero Sport!
Super super upgrade it is!

What are the service intervals as per manual?
What type of oil is used?
Grade of oil?
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 11:07   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
What are the service intervals as per manual?
What type of oil is used?
Grade of oil?
Service Intervals: 10,000 kms or six months & so on

Type & Grade of oil I'm not sure but can check for you on my next service.
satpalsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 15:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

Satpal what are the typical servicing costs of the Pajero Sport? Including the oil and oil filter. Also what is the paid service cost?
Old 7th September 2013, 00:58   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Satpal what are the typical servicing costs of the Pajero Sport? Including the oil and oil filter. Also what is the paid service cost?
I only had one service done till now where they only checked oil levels etc. So not sure how much will it cost. I'll post the first hand experience as soon as I'll go for my next service.
Old 29th September 2013, 10:52   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
And how exactly did the passenger 'feel' the power when you shifted to 4WD?
On dry tarmac does not 2WD give the same acceleration as 4WD?

With 4WD, would not the transmission loss of power from the engine to the 4 wheels be more compared to just 2 wheels assuming the 2 wheels have enough traction to prevent wheel spin.
You are correct. When 4WD is engage the Torque applied to each of the rear wheels get cut in half as the same amount of Torque is split across 4 wheels instead of two, but the same amount of Torque hits the ground through four wheels instead of 2 wheels.

In normal driving on normal tarred road surfaces you should not feel a difference in power between 2H and 4H. It is purely psychological. If you blind folded a person and put him behind the wheel in a safe straight line, he will not be able to guess if the Pajero sport is in 2H or 4H. On slippery conditions, you will definitely feel the difference. in 4H the vehicle obviously feels more grounded due to the enhanced traction. However, there putting the vehicle in 4H doesn't not increase the power of the vehicle at. You only get to use the existing power more efficiently on slippery surfaces without loosing power to tyre slip.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 14:00   #90

Last 20 hours to get behind the wheel of my dream-machine!
Had booked a White Pajero Sports Anniversary Edition last week.
Taking the delivery tomorrow morning at 10 from Pethkar Motors , Pune.
Super excited & super thrilled!
canwill is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed