Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 13:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver

Lovely review there xuv2390 (don't you wish you'd opted for a different handle now ) The silver looks elegant on the Ecosport. The interiors on the titanium are beige so I guess the rear seat doesn't feel as claustrophobic as in the option variant. I've booked the option variant but considering going in for the Titanium if needed.

Do post more driving impressions as you clock more miles. Especially on the handling front. Congrats and wish you a happy ownership period with your car!
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 17:06   #17
BHPian

Congrats XUV2390. EcoSport looks stunning in Silver.
Can you also upload the pics of accessories that you received in Essential Pack (apart from the ones already in the existing pics) and the ones that you purchased from outside?
Cheers.
Old 28th July 2013, 18:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Car. Happy motoring.
Couple of queries that i have:
1.Does the brake make noise? predominantly during highway drives. The noise were typical with all ford cars so far.
2.How is GC in comparison to your i20? 200mm does not always mean the car doesnot scrap. The older Fusion had 195mm GC, still it didn't feel like that.
3.How is the quality of front fog lamps?Is there a rear fog lamp?
Old 28th July 2013, 21:17   #19
BHPian

That's a nice review. Most of the times I could relive your feelings. I got my Ecosport on the 2nd and till now I've clocked 2700+ km.My experience almost tally yours.
This car surely is a head turner (at least for the time being).Wherever you go,wherever you park, you see that..

By the way , what are you planning to do with those headlamps?? Too inadequate,I must say
Old 28th July 2013, 23:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats XUV2390. The Screw-less Number Plate Frame looks really awesome, can you please tell where is this available from?
Old 29th July 2013, 00:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
The Screw-less Number Plate Frame looks really awesome, can you please tell where is this available from?
Those are the regular plates (IND or something) fitted with 3M double sided tape. Its what we've done on our car and it looks a lot better than using screws
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 06:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
@ampere: The Dzire was sold last year and replaced with an i20 Sportz, fed-up with the XUV5OO niggles she has now been replaced with the Ford EcoSport and BMW 520d will continue at least for the next couple of years. Not to forget I have a Mahindra Yuvraj 215 tractor too!
I was tempted to bet my horses that the Yuvraj tractor possibly is the most reliable of the three .

Jokes apart, this is a wonderful buy. Looks classy from outside. The rear wheel does give it an amazing stance.

On space, how much is luggage space? Is it sufficient for a family of four. Would it be possible to post some pictures of that area.

Congratulations, may you run many miles with it.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 10:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Couple of queries that i have:
1.Does the brake make noise? predominantly during highway drives. The noise were typical with all ford cars so far.
2.How is GC in comparison to your i20? 200mm does not always mean the car doesnot scrap. The older Fusion had 195mm GC, still it didn't feel like that.
3.How is the quality of front fog lamps?Is there a rear fog lamp?
1. No noise from the brakes as of now, although I have not tried braking at high speeds, will keep you updated if I find anything abnormal.
2. Ground clearance is superb! I believe it shares the same ground clearance with the XUV5OO which is decent enough! My car has not scraped anywhere as yet! But yes, there is an obvious and huge difference between the i20 & EcoSport ground clearance!
3. The fog lamps are adequate for city use only, not powerful enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
By the way , what are you planning to do with those headlamps?? Too inadequate,I must say
Indeed it is way too inadequate. I will have to reach out to someone in Ford and see whether it can be upgraded. Please try to get some more information from your service center if possible and keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
The Screw-less Number Plate Frame looks really awesome, can you please tell where is this available from?
Please visit your local number plate vendor and ask for IND number plates along with screw less frames. A set of plates & frames together should not cost beyond Rs. 1400. You have to screw the frame onto the bumper (no sticking with 3M tape) and then raise the frame bezel to insert the number plates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Can you also upload the pics of accessories that you received in Essential Pack (apart from the ones already in the existing pics) and the ones that you purchased from outside?
Apart from the ones I have uploaded, I received standard floor carpets & mud flaps just like you get with all other cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I was tempted to bet my horses that the Yuvraj tractor possibly is the most reliable of the three .

On space, how much is luggage space? Is it sufficient for a family of four. Would it be possible to post some pictures of that area.
The space is absolutely adequate for a 4-5 day trip provided you carry only essential items for the trip. If you find the space inadequate then cross bars and roof rack is available too but I guess it has a loading capacity of 50 kg only. I will upload pictures of the boot space soon!

Last edited by xuv2390 : 29th July 2013 at 10:52. Reason: Detailed added
xuv2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 12:11   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your Ecosport.

On the headlight why dont you simply upgrade the stock bulbs to Philips X-treme Vision or Osram NB. Neither of them will require a relay and save you the warranty hassle. Besides illumination is atleast 30% better than stock.

Cheers on your new acquisition!!! Drive Safe
Old 29th July 2013, 13:48   #25
BHPian

The car looks stunning in this shade, and I have seen one near Mulund. It looks awesome in flesh as well. Great buy!

How would you compare the rare space compared to the i20, which is spacious enough. Asking this because I have been in an i20 and would like to just know the comparison.

Wish you many many more miles without any niggles!

Drive Safe!
Old 29th July 2013, 14:36   #26
BHPian

Fantastic. Wishing you many many happy miles. Thanks a lot for so many beautiful and detailed pics. All the best.
Old 29th July 2013, 15:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Did you by any chance enquire about the OTR prices of petrol variants in Mumbai?
Old 29th July 2013, 15:51   #28
BHPian

Congrats on buying the hottest car to be launched so far this year.

Those are great KMPL figures you have posted. Its almost a whole KM more than my Figo's city mileage(Now I'm jealous haha)

Today I saw a chill metallic EcoSport on the way to office. Though it was just about the length of my Figo(Excluding the rear mounted spare), the seating position and GC are really massive. Would be feeling great to look down on the so many hatches(The feeling I had with my Bolero).

One thing I noticed was, the alloys on the spare seemed too shiney and looked like plastic from a distance(Chill Metallic was doing no good to the plasticky feel). If the color was closer to the gun metal finish on the Etios, the EcoSport would look much meaner.

Last edited by swami.n : 29th July 2013 at 15:53.
Old 29th July 2013, 19:37   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Great write up. I am also leaning towards the Titanium Option TCDi. Regarding the spare cover, it is better to get one as the heat/hot sun will deteriorate the quality of the rubber. What I did for my Thar is get a liner to stitch a nice black rexine cover that covers only the rubber and leaves the alloy exposed. You can try that also.
Old 29th July 2013, 19:52   #30
BHPian

Congratulation for your Ecosport. It's a great looking car.

Coming to my question, I don't know if this has been asked in previous posts or not but since you are coming from an XUV 500, do you actually feel that you have downgraded to a segment below without factoring in the additional seating space that XUV provides ? I understand XUV is from a different segment, but how do you compare the two cars with respect to ride and handling and the over all quality of materials used inside and out.

Most Viewed