Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:12   #61
BHPian

Re: My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Hi guys,

Quick question for EcoSport owners, today for the second time I observed that when I do a full tank of Diesel, the fuel guage does not show the correct reading immediately. It take at least 1 hour for the fuel guage needle to move to the "F" position.

Today, same thing, I went down and check after one hour of refueling and it has reached the "F" mark else after doing a full tank it still stays 2-4 mm prior to the "F" mark.

Also, just a quick update regarding the whistling noise I was complaining about.
This is exactly what i wanted to ask today in Team BHP! I filled Diesel to max but it didn't go to full position & since i wanted to do a mileage check, i went to next station and it took only 1.7 liters. It is very inconsistent. yesterday i gave the car to a valet and when i returned it showed 1/4 was empty and i suspected if they were stealing diesel! It slowly moved up later (not F but closer to it). Again today morning the gauge was showing 1/4 empty. I wonder how can i trust the fuel gauge now? Please pass this on to the engineering team too since i am certain its a defect with the fuel gauge only.

On your other point, i don't hear any whistling noise to my knowledge but then again I am not a keen observer of minute sounds. Glad to know ford is taking efforts to check all these matters and address them. Keep us posted on what is found out.
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:02   #62
BHPian

Is it because of the way it is placed? Usually, fuel gauges are placed in a bottom up position. In case of Ecosport, it is placed in an opposite manner which causes it to place itself at an inaccurate position.
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:08   #63
BHPian

Congratulations on your new SUV. I am in a dilemma of the color combinations in the interior, does all the Titanium variant comes with black and beige combinations ?

I remember the TD vehicle which i tried had a black and Dark Grey interiors :(

is the interior combinations are flat irrespective of the exterior colors and only respective to the variants ?
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:23   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Congratulations on your new SUV. I am in a dilemma of the color combinations in the interior, does all the Titanium variant comes with black and beige combinations ?

is the interior combinations are flat irrespective of the exterior colors and only respective to the variants ?
No, sadly the Titanium variants get the dark interiors.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post

The TD vehicles are mostly titanium option which has black and dark grey interiors. I found them to be better than black and light grey.

Only titanium option has black and dark grey interiors
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
The TD vehicles are mostly titanium option which has black and dark grey interiors. I found them to be better than black and light grey.

Only titanium option has black and dark grey interiors
But in my opinion, the Black and light grey might not seem great initially, but as days go by, this combination will seem more soothing to the eyes and will also look more brighter inside.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:37   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post

This is exactly what i wanted to ask today in Team BHP! I filled Diesel to max but it didn't go to full position & since i wanted to do a mileage check, i went to next station and it took only 1.7 liters. It is very inconsistent. yesterday i gave the car to a valet and when i returned it showed 1/4 was empty and i suspected if they were stealing diesel! It slowly moved up later (not F but closer to it). Again today morning the gauge was showing 1/4 empty. I wonder how can i trust the fuel gauge now? Please pass this on to the engineering team too since i am certain its a defect with the fuel gauge only.
Ford has beem using the same fuel gauge for at least 14 years. I owned a Ford Focus in the US in 2000 and it had exactly the same fuel gauge - I can tell from the shape and size and the design of the needle. Ford has been putting different background colors, designs etc. in various models around the world but the instrument is essentially the same.

Even in those days, it had inconsistent and highly variable readings and behaved in exactly the same unpredictable way as my Ecosport fuel gauge does now. Over time, you will learn to second-guess it!
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:03   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Did you have the engine running while refueling? I think I read in the manual / official review thread instructing us to switch off the engine when refueling.
Yes, the engine was switched off and no one in the car while it was being refueled. It is standard procedure to switch off while refueling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
To begin with, ever overfill the tank after the fueling gun cuts off automatically. My issue is slightly different, post 1-2 hours of refulling the gauge comes to the "F" mark. Just to confirm we have no doubts, please try refueling at a different pump after your EcoSport comes to half tank at least, also make sure that the petrol pump attendant sets the refueling gun to number 1 position (slowest rate of refueling), this should allow any gas to come out if at all anything is trapped. Usually the pump attendants fill at full speed which is not correct. Please follow what I said, wait of 2-3 hours and then confirm if it has reached the "F" position or not.

If it does, please brief this to customer care and they will help you for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I owned a Ford Focus in the US in 2000 and it had exactly the same fuel gauge - I can tell from the shape and size and the design of the needle. Ford has been putting different background colors, designs etc. in various models around the world but the instrument is essentially the same.

Even in those days, it had inconsistent and highly variable readings and behaved in exactly the same unpredictable way as my Ecosport fuel gauge does now. Over time, you will learn to second-guess it!
That is very shocking to know! I hope they better solve the problem soon, it is really frustrating.
Old 3rd September 2013, 18:57   #69

@xuv2390, I faced similar situation in Ford Figo some time back...
luckyakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 23:36   #70
BHPian

Hi Guys,

So, I went ahead and downloaded the the available Sync update onto a blank pen drive (around 5 MB was the size of the update), download was successful as per the website. Next, the link which is suppose to give the update instructions has no information apart from the Sync user manual so I decided to try what was most logical in order to update the car.

This is what I did:

1. Pressed the MENU button
2. Selected SYNC SETTINGS
3. Selected INSTALL ON SYNC

Next came, Begin SYNC installation, I pressed YES. Then I soon got the Rebooting indication directly... this went for 10-12 minutes and then I got the installation complete message, I still waited for several minutes and then turned off the car.

Next, was to report the installation complete message onto the Ford website, now comes the difficult part!

The installation report got uploaded onto your website and 15 minutes later I can see the "Confirmed Uninstall. 19:16 2013-09-04", message.

While, I should be getting the "Successfully Installed" message! I am totally confused and would be glad if your guys can confirm whether you are getting the same message or not!

Please note that I downloaded the software using Internet Explorer 9 and a 32GB Sony Pen drive solely for this purpose, since Firefox & Chrome are not compatible with the Ford Sync website. Also, make sure that pop-up blocker is disabled and you have the Java-script running on you system.

I am attaching pictures below so that viewers can understand this better!

Unfortunately, looks like service dealerships have no information about this new update!
Attached Thumbnails
My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver-sync-website_new-update.jpg  

My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver-img_20130904_185555.jpg  

My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver-installation-option-used.jpg  

My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver-sync_after-installing-update.jpg  

My Urban SUV: Ford EcoSport Titanium TDCi - Moondust Silver-current_sync_status.jpg  

Last edited by xuv2390 : 4th September 2013 at 23:39.
Old 4th September 2013, 23:54   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
The installation report got uploaded onto your website and 15 minutes later I can see the "Confirmed Uninstall. 19:16 2013-09-04", message.

While, I should be getting the "Successfully Installed" message! I am totally confused and would be glad if your guys can confirm whether you are getting the same message or not!
I got the same message. If you see, it says version AM5T-14D544-LD (older version) was uninstalled. It should say version AM5T-14D544-LFA successfully installed, but it doesn't. I hope it did install the new version, not sure how to check it.

Also, did you find anything new at all?
Old 5th September 2013, 00:05   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
I got the same message. If you see, it says version AM5T-14D544-LD (older version) was uninstalled. It should say version AM5T-14D544-LFA successfully installed, but it doesn't. I hope it did install the new version, not sure how to check it.

Also, did you find anything new at all?
Thank god you got the same message! I was worried that I may have done something wrong resulting in a corrupted installation. I have just written to Ford and hopefully they should respond by tomorrow.

Another way to look at this is that maybe the uploaded file needs sometime to be analyzed by their server before confirming a successful installation. If you would have opened the .xml file that got generated, it has a signature by which Ford must be getting a confirmation of the installation.

Let see what they say! As far as any changes/updates are concerned, let me use it for the next few days and confirm. I had a connectivity issue with my Google Nexus running Android 4.3, this issue is that the phone automatically disconnects within 5 minutes if it is on standby mode and continues to behave fine if I am streaming music.

It is always good to use the latest update since software modifications/technical updates help the system to run more efficiently thereby ensuring a longer life too. I am glad that Ford has a system whereby customers can update the firmware on their own, the only area which is sad is that exact details of how to perform the update is not available at all. I mean, this saves us the hassle of visiting the service center for an update!

Last edited by xuv2390 : 5th September 2013 at 00:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks