Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2013, 14:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Another vRS evolving to be a 'Black Brute'

Naveen, Fabulous news mate

It just came out of the blue or what? Never could imagine you will take the plunge to a vRS

Looks like its the season of owning pre-owned vRS

Look forward to a report after it goes through the Prabhu magic

Wish you happy miles on it and lets catch up on ORR for a spin one of these days?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 14:55   #17
BHPian

Re: Another vRS evolving to be a 'Black Brute'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It just came out of the blue or what? Never could imagine you will take the plunge to a vRS
Thanks Avi,
Decision & Purchase just happened out of the blue, but it has been my dream since long, I wasn't ready for that then.

Quote:
Looks like its the season of owning pre-owned vRS
Yes, Particularly Octavia relaunch attracts more enthusiasts to dare and own one!

Quote:
Look forward to a report after it goes through the Prabhu magic
Yes, that Magic is yet to happen, I am saving few cents for that. Soon it will see some makeover.

Quote:
Wish you happy miles on it and lets catch up on ORR for a spin one of these days?
Sure, lets go on drive. But I am driving it Stock !
I can just follow you.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th September 2013 at 15:51.
Old 8th September 2013, 02:25   #18
BHPian

Re: Another Skoda Octavia vRS evolving to be a 'Black Brute'

Congrats naveen! I had test driven this exact car a couple of days before you bought it. The car still had its oomph despite the misfire. I was however put off by it. I didn't have someone like prabhu to help me out. It good to know that the problems got fixed so easy. The car was relatively clean otherwise.

They did the same exercise of removing a huge bunch of cars to give me a test drive, it felt a little awkward. They quoted 50K more than what i suppose you bought the car for. When i expressed interest at the same price, they didn't even bother negotiating.

I ended up buying a well maintained yellow Vrs from kolkata. Thanks to the exorbitant AP road tax, the car will be way more expensive than the deal you got. After getting the fuel lines flushed, my fuel pump stared failing. Replacing it is costing me 16K at skoda service. Well, the joys of being a skoda owner dawned upon me a little early. But the sheer pleasure of driving this car makes it all worthwhile. I wish you many trouble free miles.
karthikpra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 09:38   #19
BHPian

Thanks Karthik,
Congrats for you purchase.

I remember AutoArena folks mentioning you were supposed to have a look at it.

This car definitely was an All-In Bet that we had to go for. Luckily I managed to win that bet. Thanks again to Prabhu, and Ardy for their help.

16k repair is ok, my bill so far cropped up to 40K upon my purchase cost, and 20K more to go in this year. 100K upon my purchase was my expectation, and I assume I will fit it that bill.

Wish you too lots of trouble free miles.
Old 8th September 2013, 14:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Thanks Karthik,
Congrats for you purchase.

I remember AutoArena folks mentioning you were supposed to have a look at it.

This car definitely was an All-In Bet that we had to go for. Luckily I managed to win that bet. Thanks again to Prabhu, and Ardy for their help.

16k repair is ok, my bill so far cropped up to 40K upon my purchase cost, and 20K more to go in this year. 100K upon my purchase was my expectation, and I assume I will fit it that bill.

Wish you too lots of trouble free miles.

Thanks . I have already spent around 50K on painting and other nitty-gritty stuff. The fuel pump (16-18K) and the timing belt (8-9K) are still pending. The fuel pump is not giving enough pressure and the acceleration goes missing after 4000 RPM. The good news is Skoda service fitted an another pump and said that the car is running as good as new . I am just saving some money to get it done.

The service adviser at Skoda says the car doesn't need a new timing belt till 60000 KM; The car has only done 35000 KM. I am doing it because it is recommended after 4 years.

Are you getting the timing belt changed? If so, where are you getting it done and for how much?

I also have rough idling when the car starts on cold rainy days. The revs go to 1100-1200 RPM and then settle down to 900 RPM after a minute. This could be because of the fuel pump. Do you see this behavior in your car?
Old 10th September 2013, 09:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikpra View Post
Thanks . I have already spent around 50K on painting and other nitty-gritty stuff. The fuel pump (16-18K) and the timing belt (8-9K) are still pending. The fuel pump is not giving enough pressure and the acceleration goes missing after 4000 RPM. The good news is Skoda service fitted an another pump and said that the car is running as good as new . I am just saving some money to get it done.

The service adviser at Skoda says the car doesn't need a new timing belt till 60000 KM; The car has only done 35000 KM. I am doing it because it is recommended after 4 years.

Are you getting the timing belt changed? If so, where are you getting it done and for how much?

I also have rough idling when the car starts on cold rainy days. The revs go to 1100-1200 RPM and then settle down to 900 RPM after a minute. This could be because of the fuel pump. Do you see this behavior in your car?
My car is at 73K, and seem to have timing belt replacement (per the mechanic). That's the first thing I have checked as I learnt its implications hard way, I got broken TB on my Fiat Palio.

On your car, I advice periodic checks of TB. As per the manual it could last for 60K KMS, but I think cars which are shipped to India may possibly have some old parts. Broken TB is a pain, better spend a little upfront.

Yes, on cold start my car yells as if I have FFE, and in about a minute it gets back to normal. RPM going to ~1100 and settling down at 900 seem normal to me, Engine should be at its basic temperature. I don't think its anything with fuel pump.
naveen.kk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 23:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Cool. The bumper sure is taking some beating. But body lines look clean. Did you get a full respray? How is the clutch holding up? How is windscreen? they are supposedly soft and can scratch fast.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 13:05   #23
BHPian

Hey Naveen,

How is it going with your vRS ? Haven't seen any updates on this thread. Hope you are going through a pleasing ownership.

Please post few pictures when you can.

P.S. : I am unable to PM you. It says you have disabled this feature.

Cheers
Old 1st May 2016, 05:11   #24

Hey guys! I am planning to buy an Octavia vrs 2005, a car which I saw is clocked 45k km on odo. Car is in mint condition. Guys should I go for it? As many people told me dont buy a skoda, it's a suicide to buy skoda cars.

I have a C220 cdi 2013 facelift and I dont like diesel cars as much. I am addicted to the turbo and vrs is my one of my favourite cars so guys please suggest me what to do. Should I go for it? Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd May 2016 at 07:28. Reason: Edited post for punctuation. Please use them to construct your sentences and preview your post before submitting them. Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 09:56   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazveel View Post
Hey guys! I am planning to buy an Octavia vrs 2005, a car which I saw is clocked 45k km on odo. Car is in mint condition. Guys should I go for it?
If you love the car so much, go for it. It's a cheap gamble anyway. Octavia vRS now cost less than a Maruti Alto K10.

If the car is well-maintained, it will give you immense driving pleasure. However, keep in mind that Octavia petrols aren't as robust as the diesels. They require frequent work once they cross a certain age. This car is 11 years old, so access to an expert mechanic will make your ownership experience easier.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:19   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If you love the car so much, go for it. It's a cheap gamble anyway. Octavia vRS now cost less than a Maruti Alto K10.

If the car is well-maintained, it will give you immense driving pleasure. However, keep in mind that Octavia petrols aren't as robust as the diesels. They require frequent work once they cross a certain age. This car is 11 years old, so access to an expert mechanic will make your ownership experience easier.
I would add that as a recreational /weekend car - it is worth a look. If you are considering it as a daily driver, beware, parts take time to come and diagnosing issues could take time
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:09   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Hi firstly i thank you for your concerning the seller is quoting me 4.5l and he is not ready to negotiate it the car belong to nes wadia it in amazing condition and i just want your opinion in buying her or not and is it good to maintain i can shell out 50 to 70k yearly in her maintenance and is the spares availability is good i heard it gives random problems please make me aware if you people give me a green signal than only i will buy it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks