Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 14:36   #76
BHPian

re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernaCular View Post
Hi Uraj,

Something I may have missed here (my apologies for that) and what has baffled me since last few weeks is one single question. This car had all the qualities to fulfill a car lovers fantasy; looks, power, good FE, string body etc. but how on earth can this new star of a car NOT have a sunroof..
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I agree that the sunroof will make it look hot but there are other basic features missed which I think they should consider.

1) Auto folding ORVM (a must)

3) DRL's (possible in the facelift)
Absolutely agree with both of you! I wanted to in fact blacken my roof since it would go with the entire theme but a sun roof would have been perfect!

The auto folding ORVM is again a must since everyday i have to stretch myself to the left side to open it ! Even Grand i-10 has this feature!

The DRL makes the ecosport look brilliant and wish it was available as an accessory! Hope ford brings it as an accessory!
Old 17th September 2013, 17:57   #77
BHPian

re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Absolutely agree with both of you! I wanted to in fact blacken my roof since it would go with the entire theme but a sun roof would have been perfect!
A black glossy roof vinyl will look very good on your car since it has a light color shade.
IMHO, you should go for it. You can get it done at 3M for a fairly reasonable price.
Old 18th September 2013, 17:40   #78

Hello Everybody!

I'm sorry to disturb everyone out there but I have a doubt that arises in my mind every time I step on the gas in my ES.

Firstly, my foot size is 11. And added to that is the fact that the shoes I wear to office have a generous projection in the front. That increases the length of my foot by about 1.5 more inches. My usual driving style is where I press the accelerator with my toes. However, some times, it happens that I press the accelerator with the middle of my feet when I need to accelerate suddenly. Because of this, sometimes I get to feel a revolving shaft, which in my best knowledge is the one that connects the steering wheel to the Steering Mechanism down below. By my shoe touching this shaft occasionally, am I adversely affecting the vehicle in any way?
Old 19th September 2013, 08:59   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go! I have not added any explanation so that i dont repeat myself!
Feel free to ask anything!
Hi Bro thanks for that !! Could you please confirm me what are the information are actually been displayed in instrumentation panel of Ambient Variant? I see from your pictures, its shows fuel consumption/ltr whereas in brochure I see it says the feature is not available. I've booked TREND which is very similar to yours in Instrumentation cluster.
Attached Images

Old 19th September 2013, 09:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner View Post
Hello Everybody!

I'm sorry to disturb everyone out there but I have a doubt that arises in my mind every time I step on the gas in my ES.

Firstly, my foot size is 11. And added to that is the fact that the shoes I wear to office have a generous projection in the front. That increases the length of my foot by about 1.5 more inches. My usual driving style is where I press the accelerator with my toes. However, some times, it happens that I press the accelerator with the middle of my feet when I need to accelerate suddenly. Because of this, sometimes I get to feel a revolving shaft, which in my best knowledge is the one that connects the steering wheel to the Steering Mechanism down below. By my shoe touching this shaft occasionally, am I adversely affecting the vehicle in any way?
I am 6'1 myself (Same foot size and wear a big shoe like yours) but I have never faced such a problem. My tip of the shoe is what I use to accelerate even if a sudden spurt is required and my heel is always resting down. I dont think its right to bump into the shaft since it could injure you too! I am not sure if it could cause issues to the ES but nonetheless its not normal & hence best avoidable. Do try changing your feet position to avoid this is my novice advice ! May be the experts here can throw more light on this.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 09:51   #81

Quote:
I am 6'1 myself (Same foot size and wear a big shoe like yours) but I have never faced such a problem. My tip of the shoe is what I use to accelerate even if a sudden spurt is required and my heel is always resting down. I dont think its right to bump into the shaft since it could injure you too! I am not sure if it could cause issues to the ES but nonetheless its not normal & hence best avoidable. Do try changing your feet position to avoid this is my novice advice ! May be the experts here can throw more light on this.
Thank you urajkumar,

I made a mistake, it's my left foot, ie the foot meant to operate the clutch. I realized this yesterday after posting my problem. I tried avoiding touching the shaft yesterday and successfully did. But I think we need some expert advice on this because the fear that there's a moving shaft out there is a mental block for me and this breathes out the pleasure of driving my lovely ES.
Old 19th September 2013, 10:10   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Hi Bro thanks for that !! Could you please confirm me what are the information are actually been displayed in instrumentation panel of Ambient Variant? I see from your pictures, its shows fuel consumption/ltr whereas in brochure I see it says the feature is not available. I've booked TREND which is very similar to yours in Instrumentation cluster.
The display only shows the TRIP & Real time FE calculation. The real time FE shows the FE consumption on a bar which ranges from 0 to 30 KM/l on a real time basis. hence it only indicates the FE based on the current driving style but does not show the average FE over a period of time / ride etc. I however find it useful since it is helping me adjust my driving style to get more FE (thought I have been unsuccessful till date)

Congratulations on booking the Trend which is a much better choice than ambient since you get ABS, height adjust and steering mounted audio controls which are all important. Especially the audit controls which would be used for the music system and taking calls. Besides people who booked Trend / Ambient have much better chances of taking delivery than the ones who have booked the Titanium/T+ versions. So advance congratulations & looking forward to your ownership thread soon.

Last edited by urajkumar : 19th September 2013 at 10:11.
urajkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 11:37   #83

Quote:
The display only shows the TRIP & Real time FE calculation. The real time FE shows the FE consumption on a bar which ranges from 0 to 30 KM/l on a real time basis. hence it only indicates the FE based on the current driving style but does not show the average FE over a period of time / ride etc. I however find it useful since it is helping me adjust my driving style to get more FE (thought I have been unsuccessful till date)
I've been really successful at that. Following the real time FE indicator and adjusting my speed to it. So much so that my wife says, "Why are you going so slow? Out of fuel?"

THe first week was interesting when I tried to modify my driving style, becoming sedate in flat straight roads, not accelerating too much after a U turn or a speed breaker, and the like. From the second week, even though I consciously tried to divert my attention off the FE indicator and on to the songs, or my wife's talk or to the pedestrians' appreciative gaze, I found it hard not to look at the FE indicator.
firsttimeowner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 22:56   #84
BHPian

Quote:
advance congratulations & looking forward to your ownership thread soon.
Thanks a ton Urajkumar. Your response is very elaborative and detailed. Thanks again for that ! I'm awaiting for that exiting moment (Delivery). BTW who is the dealer?

Also can you please throw some light on accessories / alloys you have added or 3M car care stuffs which you did, if any. And the pricing, Seller details, suggestions etc., It will be really helpful for localites (Chennaites) like me who are getting their vehicle delivered.
Old 20th September 2013, 10:19   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Thanks a ton Urajkumar. Your response is very elaborative and detailed. Thanks again for that ! I'm awaiting for that exiting moment (Delivery). BTW who is the dealer? Also can you please throw some light on accessories / alloys you have added or 3M car care stuffs which you did, if any. And the pricing, Seller details, suggestions etc., It will be really helpful for localites (Chennaites) like me who are getting their vehicle delivered.
You are welcome!
I got it from MPL ford (Neat SIT college, Teynampet -Was a very good experience)! The accessories i got are as below
1) Roof rails (Ford Accessory)- The ecosport needs this, else looks like a hatch back. Around 10 K
2) Fog lamps(Ford Accessory) - Again a signature element of ecosport. About 6.5 k
3) Rear Sensors(Ford Accessory) - Need this considering the poor rear view. 3.5k
4) Rear Camera - In addition to sensors, i installed these too and it definitely helps. This was done outside in GP road and cost around 9.5k. Hope you have seen the pictures earlier since i installed this in the dash.
5) Perfumes / Coin Holder / Mobile holder etc which all cost about 1000k together. Bought in GP road
6) The AVA Alloys was bought in Majestic Tyres, Egmore. I also upgraded the tires to 205/60/R16 Good Year Assurance (I got good years but wanted the bigger tires). All 5 alloys & tire upgrade including exchange cost me 42k but its well worth the investment in my mind. I am a kind of alloy fanatic.

Feel free to PM if you need any more details! Its the least i can do for a Team BHP'ian (considering how much help i received from many BHP'ians before purchase) & that too from "namma" Chennai! There are many TBHP ES owners in Chennai & may be we should do an ES meet sometime soon (After you take delivery of course)!

Last edited by urajkumar : 20th September 2013 at 10:21.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 14:42   #86
BHPian

Hi Uraj,

Congrats for your new car . I guess it is almost 2 months old now and you must be enjoying every bit of it. I like the all black grill and smart interiors in this Ambient version. The alloys are awesome and I have seen similar ones here in Metro ford service station, bangalore.

Just wondering if Ford has plans to put this 1.5 TDCI in Fiesta classic with a little modification in the interiors and features. IMO they should tune this engine to atleast churn out 210 NM of torque and over 100 bhps
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:57   #87
BHPian

[quote=urajkumar;There are many TBHP ES owners in Chennai & may be we should do an ES meet sometime soon (After you take delivery of course)! [/QUOTE]

Thanks Again for all your Help. That's very exciting to see your Post as I'm awaiting for my Dare Devil.!! Surely will plan for a BHP'ians meet for Chennaites in our own Chennai..!! For sure your response will be helpful for all the proud owners of ES who are awaiting for delivery.
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:00   #88
BHPian

Quote:
4) Rear Camera - In addition to sensors, i installed these too and it definitely helps. This was done outside in GP road and cost around 9.5k. Hope you have seen the pictures earlier since i installed this in the dash.

Feel free to PM if you need any more details! Its the least i can do for a Team BHP'ian (considering how much help i received from many BHP'ians before purchase) & that too from "namma" Chennai! There are many TBHP ES owners in Chennai & may be we should do an ES meet sometime soon (After you take delivery of course)!
Will the installation of a non-Ford accessory void the warranty? Why did you not go for the Ford one? How is the one you installed better than the Ford accessory? Does the one you installed have a day-night function?
Old 24th September 2013, 10:37   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Will the installation of a non-Ford accessory void the warranty? Why did you not go for the Ford one? How is the one you installed better than the Ford accessory? Does the one you installed have a day-night function?
The ford rear camera cost 25k and i somehow don't like the camera visual in the rear view mirror (looks small). Hence i saved a cool 15k by going for an after market accessory and besides the screen is bigger here.

It also fits in perfectly where the bigger MID sits for titanium versions and hence makes the dashboard look much better

I don't think it will void warranty considering i didn't touch any existing electronics! If it does, I will tackle it if & when the situation arises!

Day & Night function? I will have to check but with the reverse lights the camera shows clearly in the night too & hence it serves the purpose.
Old 24th September 2013, 10:42   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
Hi Uraj,

Congrats for your new car . I guess it is almost 2 months old now and you must be enjoying every bit of it. I like the all black grill and smart interiors in this Ambient version. The alloys are awesome and I have seen similar ones here in Metro ford service station, bangalore.

Just wondering if Ford has plans to put this 1.5 TDCI in Fiesta classic with a little modification in the interiors and features. IMO they should tune this engine to atleast churn out 210 NM of torque and over 100 bhps
Thank you so much! I am loving the black grill and cringe whenever i see the chrome toothy grin on higher versions (no offence to other ES owners but this is my personal preference)! The alloys are attention grabbers and I am glad i invested in them.

I think the existing 1.4 durotec engine in the classic is supposed to be better than the 1.5 TDCI (I have not driven one but I keep hearing this)! In fact lot of people say that the classic is a better fiesta than the newer one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks