Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 20:55   #91
BHPian

re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
The Aux input is still near the handbrake and it should have been easier for them to keep USB there too but god knows what goes in the designers mind sometimes!
I feel the other way. I have an IPAD holder and in my current car (Estilo) I use to dock the IPAD in the windscreen and connect it to the Aux in of my Audio system which is in Dash and enjoy Movies with 10" Display . Now in TREND I should run a very long AUX cable from IPAD docked in windshield to the Aux port which is beneath :(
Old 24th September 2013, 21:59   #92

re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Quote:
Here you go! I have not added any explanation so that i dont repeat myself!

Feel free to ask anything!

Congrats buddy, the color looks beautiful, do post some more feedback after you drive it past 2k.
Old 4th October 2013, 10:42   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Not to ruin my buddy's thread, since mine is Ambiente and our opinions match too...
Hence part of this!
=============
5. Brighter headlights (Buying the Philips bulbs as suggested by fellow BHPian)
Can you please share where did you source this 16" OEM alloys from ?
Old 4th October 2013, 10:46   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Can you please share where did you source this 16" OEM alloys from ?
I had sourced it from Bangalore!
From an individual seller.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 11:28   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
I had sourced it from Bangalore!
From an individual seller.
Was this individual seller a Ecosport Titanium owner who upgraded to 17" alloys and hence sold off his 16" ones ?
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:54   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Was this individual seller a Ecosport Titanium owner who upgraded to 17" alloys and hence sold off his 16" ones ?

I think he stuck with the 16" ones itself.
Sorry for the delayed response!
Old 28th October 2013, 10:40   #97
BHPian

Interim Update

Crossed 3000 KM & hence first service completed at MPL Nandanam Service Station. These are the issues i high lighted along with the Service Advisor responses

1) Rear number plate light not working - it was replaced free of cost by ford
2) Right side headlight looks dimmer than left side - He said that is how all ford vehicles are but he will check. Being morning, i could not show it. I left it for now since it seems like a minor difference
3) Second gear is not adequate for pulling (after a speed breaker) - He said in all ford vehicles, we can move to 1st gear even on the move in low speeds. After a speed breaker, he says move it to 1st gear which i was not convinced.
4) Mileage is hovering around 11 in city and 15 in high way - the SA told me that is what most people are getting in the ecosport. i told him i knew a lot of people in the forum who are getting more. However i left this point since my daily usage is very less which could be a reason and it could be less due to my driving style.
5) They gave a good wash and clean up. No charges. Overall a good service experience.

So far the ecosport is doing well and serving its purpose of being a urban compact SUV.

Plans for the future (pending due to lack of vitamin M)
1) Race chip to make it more powerful (inspired by Swami Ford Figo)
2) LED DRL
3) Front bumper guard with lights
4) Blackening the roof to go along with the vehicle theme
Old 4th November 2013, 15:30   #98
BHPian

3) Second gear is not adequate for pulling (after a speed breaker) - He said in all ford vehicles, we can move to 1st gear even on the move in low speeds. After a speed breaker, he says move it to 1st gear which i was not convinced.

Hi Uraj,
Just wanted to share this with you about the exits from speed breakers. Even I found it little annoying to come down to 1st gear and start accelerating all over again, but that is how FORD has setup the gear ratios. When getting it remapped I specifically asked Sid (from T-O-T)to give me a solution on this and he said that it is the gear ratio, it is always better to come to 1st gear and then accelerate, the way it is designed to do, do not slip the clutch or lug the car for long. by doing this the turbo lag would also not come into picture.

Plans for the future (pending due to lack of vitamin M)
1) Race chip to make it more powerful (inspired by Swami Ford Figo)
2) LED DRL
3) Front bumper guard with lights
4) Blackening the roof to go along with the vehicle theme[/quote]

I would insist you to get a remap instead of a race chip.
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 10:59   #99
BHPian

While there are many threads on ecosport which are very helpful, its still time to do my duty as BHP'ian by keeping this thread active!

Current ODO reading: 6500 Km

My Car-relationship status: I am still in love with my car

Why i love it!
1) Extremely easy to use in the city with adequate power and space. The steering is so light that you will feel Innova/santro does not have power steering.
2) Decent Mileage (With my driving style, I get 12 to 13 KMPL in the city)
3) Still manages to get noticed and garner attention (even with so many ecosports running around now). I think its still my alloys.
4) People who want to modify it have a zillion opportunities (check Ecosport rules thread and i am sure you will understand) and make it stand out
5) Value for money (I got the base diesel at 8 lakhs but i guess it is touching 9 lakhs now which is not so much VFM now)

What brings out the lovers tiff!
1) Not great for highways (While i mostly use it only in the city, still once in a while when i do take it outside for a run, it runs out of breath quickly)
2) Bone jarring low speed ride. Absolutely tosses you around in a bad patch of road. The worst thing in this car. Period.

Recent Additions
1) Door Visor (xZoom)
2) DRL (No projectors but gives the car a menacing look)

Here are my recent pictures for those who only look at the pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!-wp_20140208_011.jpg  

My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!-wp_20140208_001.jpg  

My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!-wp_20140208_002.jpg  

My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!-wp_20140208_003.jpg  

My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!-wp_20140208_008.jpg  

My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!-wp_20140208_009.jpg  

urajkumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 12:54   #100
BHPian

Hi Urajkumar
Can you share where you got the DRLs done and the cost involved????
Old 14th February 2014, 01:00   #101
BHPian

Quote:
While there are many threads on ecosport which are very helpful, its still time to do my duty as BHP'ian by keeping this thread active!
It's true that there are many Ecosport threads out here, but 90% of them are either Titanium or Titanium(O) trim. While one may argue that this car is best experienced on those models and safety is important, there are quite a few like me whose budget doesn't permit the top end spec. It's very hard for us to see how the car will be in lower specs. All the reviews had titanium spec, the showroom had only titanium and trend on display and its only here that i found what ambiante trim will be like.

I did a TD of this car few weeks back and got surprised by the bone jarring ride as mentioned by you. I expected it to have a better ride than other lower slung cars. It was the biggest turn off for me. Also the steep price hikes have ruined the VFM tag. Diesel ambiante trim cost around 8.7 OTR in my city with 5yr road tax. Although i was hell bent on getting ecosport, the 8.25L Honda Amaze SX is drawing me towards it now.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 08:36   #102
BHPian

Quote:

Recent Additions
1) Door Visor (xZoom)
2) DRL (No projectors but gives the car a menacing look)

Here are my recent pictures for those who only look at the pictures!
Thanks for keeping up the thread live. You are one in few inspired me by posting the ownership experience of this monster.

BTW DRL is a great Add-on. Looks awesome.

Few queries,
Have you removed the OEM indicator bulb?
I see DRL acts as indicator as well, is it connected both Indicator socket and parking lamps?
When DRL is ON, does parking lamps glows as well?
When Head Lamps is ON, does DRL glows?
Do we need to cut the wiring for installing it?
Can it be done as a DIY? If yes, can you please share the details where to purchase & steps to install?
If not DIY, where have you purchased it and who installed it?
Finally Vitamin M discharge for this? How much have you spent?

Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 10:11   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interim Update

Crossed 3000 KMe
Good to hear that you are attempting to keep the thread alive as most of them have stopped doing so.
Congratulations on the DRLs.

Are DRLs visible if viewed from front side of the vehicle when you switch the high or low beam?
Old 19th February 2014, 12:16   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Thanks for keeping up the thread live. You are one in few inspired me by posting the ownership experience of this monster.

BTW DRL is a great Add-on. Looks awesome.

Few queries,
Have you removed the OEM indicator bulb?
I see DRL acts as indicator as well, is it connected both Indicator socket and parking lamps?
When DRL is ON, does parking lamps glows as well?
When Head Lamps is ON, does DRL glows?
Do we need to cut the wiring for installing it?
Can it be done as a DIY? If yes, can you please share the details where to purchase & steps to install?
If not DIY, where have you purchased it and who installed it?
Finally Vitamin M discharge for this? How much have you spent?

Thanks
Thanks you so much...hope you are enjoying your ride as i am

Please find below the answers to your questions.
- DRL is connected to parking and indicator sockets.
- I have removed the parking lamps and indicator so that only DRL works
- When headlamp is on, the DRL works (since parking lights are also on)
- I got it done by a guy who works on car electronics. He didn't have to cut wires but had to drill holes inside the headlamp to insert the DRL
- I doubt if it can be done DIY (i don't have the confidence at least)
- Purchased DRL(Alieexpress)online & got it installed by this guy
- I will PM you the cost but trust me it is worth the satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Good to hear that you are attempting to keep the thread alive as most of them have stopped doing so.
Congratulations on the DRLs.

Are DRLs visible if viewed from front side of the vehicle when you switch the high or low beam?
Well you are my inspiration to both keeping the thread alive and accessorizing my ride (not as much as you but in my own small way) like the DRL.

Yes it is visible from the side but during daylight it is not bright enough since the strip houses both orange and white LEDs which makes it not bright enough.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th February 2014 at 07:06. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post. Thanks.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 00:14   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks you so much...hope you are enjoying your ride as i am

- I will PM you the cost but trust me it is worth the satisfaction.
Great ! I'm awaiting for you PM to load my Monster with those White Eyes.

Kindly share me the URL of the product in Aliexpress with any additional details. Also possibly share the details of the guy who installed it.

Thanks,
pkk_84

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks