Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 13:09   #16

re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Thanks for sharing! I have booked the Ambiente Petrol because it suited my requirement the best. Although I booked the panther black, I quite like the Chill color too. Looks great! and Congratulations again!

For upgrades, I'm thinking of getting Roof Rails and maybe add alloys. I was strongly contemplating a tire upgrade, but realized that there isn't much difference. Just my thoughts. Love the screen you've added for the parking camera's. Keep us posted with other details!

While the rest of the car looks pretty much what I was expecting since I saw the trend model in person and could imagine the 10-11 features the Ambiente would not have, I am surprised that there is no Tachometer present and this is not mentioned anywhere in the company brochure either!

Even my 4.XX Lac Zen Estillo gets a Tachometer, but a 7.XX Lac ford does not? Are you kidding me ford? I've already called my Sales Rep and asked him to give me the details if it's missing in the Petrol ambiente as well. I mean, they give you Bluetooth audio capabilities but wont give a tachometer? Seeing the huge fuel gauge took me straight to 90's!
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:27   #17
BHPian

re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Wait a Second!
The MID seems to be displaying real Time fuel Efficiency. According to the Brochure Ambiente does not have this feature. If remember correctly I saw a 2 line display for ambiente/trend variants in the showroom.
Can you through more light on this please.
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:53   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride!

As your heart said, You are famous on TBHP; Atleast for a few days to come

One question, whats that white rectangle thing thats stuck on the passenger side dashboard? looks like some freshner or a small speaker...What is it?

The 205/60R15 somehow feel looks small for this car...R16 or R17 would have done more justice IMO.

Wish you long miles with your new love affair. Enjoy!
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I got the rear camera added outside. It has been fitted in the space where Ford has the bigger MID in the titanium versions.
Congratulations on your new ride !!

Will warranty get affected if you fit the camera outside ? did u confirm this with the dealer ?
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:57   #20
BHPian

Congrats mate!! nice review with a pinch of humour. Did you take the delivery from MPL Teynampet?
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Kids are kids - we as parents should be more firm / disciplined with them.

You may consider seating him in the car seat in front while your wife sits in the rear - or both of them in the rear, belted down.
I agree completely! Along with the fact that Ford does not have child locks in the front and it opens from inside (even when centrally locked) only reinforces that its time I be more firm with him & I will. Thanks again for your candid feedback! You truly do justice to your handle phamilyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
For some reason, I feel the 15" wheels look better than the 16" wheels. Gives a nice low slung look. Missing the point of having an 'SUV' but still.
Thank you nipcarlover! Well i will try to post a picture of before & after! You will realize that the alloys have actually accentuated the look to the next level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
I am shocked not to see even tachometer on the ambiente trim.
By changing the tyre and rim size on ambiente variant, i think your car' warranty is void. Pls confirm and prove me wrong because even i am
Thank you for your wished DrAbhi! I upgraded the size to the titanium version size. I didn't realize even that could void my warranty! Now that its done, i will have to deal with it if my suspension gets into trouble! For now i do not want to worry about it since its too late anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@urajkumar

Be careful with words and hope your wife doesn read this review.
IMO the USB stands out like sore thumb on the HU, Surely Ford could have thought of an alternate location. Have you got the cover for the spare alloy, the alloys must tell you are a looker. Where's the rear camera located? The car does have a great road presence and turns a lot many heads than usual.
You should have gone for the variant with ABS frankly speaking. .
thankfully my wife does not even check her email regularly - i showed it now and got a pillow thump
Your thoughts on USB was exactly what i thought too. Will have to find a better USB drive now since i cannot read the screen now with my current USB. I do not want the spare alloy cover since it hides the beautiful alloys (didnt understand your last line on looker). The rear camera is located below the number plate. On your last point, I agree i should have but then i didn't. It was 1.2 lakhs but then again another 1 lakh away for titanium! No use regretting now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Ford has separated the various versions very smartly. You may have your reasons but for 1.2 lacs what you get is mouthwatering.
well so is the extra lakh for the titanium from that. Somewhere I had to take a call and decided this is the maximum exposure I could take! I did try to change it later but then it was too late.

Last edited by urajkumar : 2nd August 2013 at 16:42.
urajkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Why don't you try sticks small in size?

Link : http://www.flipkart.com/sandisk-cruz...e-424ce0680a35
Thank you so much! Yes working on changing it since it hides the text displayed (which makes it difficult to operate the phone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Those alloys look fantastic too.
What's that slim white box on the glovebox in the second last pic?
Thanks bro! That slim white box is the ford air freshner (part of essential pack) which needs to clearly go since it spoils the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congratulations! The ride looks great with those alloys.Sad to see no tacho! Wonder how much Ford saved there. How is the sound quality from stock HU and speakers? EDIT: Too busy scrolling the pics! Saw that you already answered it! BTW, how many speakers are there, 4?
I was shocked at the tacho missing too but well i got a stunning vehicle @ 8.6 OTR (including all accessories). Cant complaint much can i? It has 4 speakers and you must listen to it to believe how well it sounds! Its awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
PS - I have one suggestion though. Please place the air freshener elsewhere. Spoiling the look.
Thank you so much! I agree! Certainly spoils the look! Or may be keep it as as "Drishti"(something ugly to ward away evil eyes in tamil)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
I think with your requirements you have made a right choice.
1. Where did you get the roof rails from?
2. The reverse parking sensors with camera
How difficult is the dashboard integration and to fit the unit?
Is the fit perfect?
And what was the cost of rails??
Thanks for the welcome senior bro (where is your thread?)! At least one person agrees with my choice of version
1) Roof rails are part of ford original accessory - costs 10500 rs
2) The fit is fine but since the angle is facing upwards (guess even the ford 3.5 MID would have same problem), the view is not clear. So far i am not too happy with it. Need to change the camera angle too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations on your buy !! Here's wishing you thousands of safe and happy miles with this car.
Also please update the thread for the benefit of all the readers.
Cheers
Thanks dude! I will keep this alive and updated.
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoym View Post
I have booked the Ambiente Petrol because it suited my requirement the best. For upgrades, I'm thinking of getting Roof Rails and maybe add alloys. I was strongly contemplating a tire upgrade, but realized that there isn't much difference. Just my thoughts. Love the screen you've added for the parking camera's. Keep us posted with other details!

While the rest of the car looks pretty much what I was expecting since I saw the trend model in person and could imagine the 10-11 features the Ambiente would not have, I am surprised that there is no Tachometer
!
Thanks! Good to know someone else has booked the Ambient too! Do get the roof rails and fog lamp since they are like the signature look of the ecosport according to me! I didn't want a tyre upgrade initially but there is a big difference between the 15 & 16 inch rims. However i believe it could void your warranty on suspension and so check that before you take the leap.

The tachometer is a big miss but to me its ok since i hardly look at that. The silver lining in this:- i don't think i will even forget to refuel & will never hit reserve

When i compared this with Trend, i realized only 3 important things which are missing 1) ABS 2) Height adjust 3) Steering mounted audio controls
Some might miss body coloured ORVM but to me with the black grill and metallic color it makes the car look very cool. The rear wiper etc is not usefel since its anyway too small for any use

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Wait a Second!
The MID seems to be displaying real Time fuel Efficiency.
Can you through more light on this please.
It does indicate the fuel efficiency real time based on your driving style but does not display the average over time. Still a useful feature to help me drive conservatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Congratulations on your new ride!

As your heart said, You are famous on TBHP; Atleast for a few days to come
One question, whats that white rectangle thing thats stuck on the passenger side dashboard? looks like some freshner or a small speaker...What is it?
The 205/60R15 somehow feel looks small for this car...R16 or R17 would have done more justice IMO.
Thanks you
Thats the air freshner i should now get rid off!
This is a 16 inch Rim only and not 15 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
Congratulations on your new ride !!
Will warranty get affected if you fit the camera outside ? did u confirm this with the dealer ?
I didnt confirm it. I put it and the alloys without checking with them. Now no use worrying about it. Will handle it when if and when a situation arises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Congrats mate!! nice review with a pinch of humour. Did you take the delivery from MPL Teynampet?
Thank you
yes this was from MPL Teynampet only
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:26   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your car. The alloys look great.

Why is the fuel indicator so big in your car? The Ecosport that I drove had a digital indicator IIRC.
Or is it the case that Ambiente doesn't come with tachometer?
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:36   #25
BHPian

Hey!! congratulations on the purchase.
Did you find the clutch a little hard?
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:42   #26
BHPian

Hi urajkumar, congrats on getting the EcoSport. Thanks for the mention on tyre upgrade. The alloys look really cool. I have got the same red wheel bolts/nuts as well and loving it. Hope we can catch up soon to get a glimpse of the beauty(hope you remember our discussion amidst the new car owning feel)

Wishing you a lot of happy miles:-)

Quote:
Let me start with the usual disclaimer:- This is my first review! I am not knowledgeable on cars! I am not a technical person! Blah Blah!
, going by the number of TDs and the research you have done on the various cars, you can no longer claim what I have quoted.

Also wanted to ask you about the option of adding ABS later(as you have mentioned). Is it really possible? Me too interested as mine is a base Figo.

Also I think you too are a Goundamani fan going by the "START MUSIC" haha.

Last edited by swami.n : 2nd August 2013 at 17:44.
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome senior bro (where is your thread?)! At least one person agrees with my choice of version
1) Roof rails are part of ford original accessory - costs 10500 rs
2) The fit is fine but since the angle is facing upwards (guess even the ford 3.5 MID would have same problem), the view is not clear. So far i am not too happy with it. Need to change the camera angle too.

Hey its my pleasure !

My points too are kind of repetitive of the experience shared by other members and me travelling too hence has not found time to start a thread.
But will update with some pictures in the official ecosport thread soon.

Hmm I'm too thinking of the rails, it does give a more butcher stance to the vehicle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsonu View Post

Ya i did find it little hard. But as miles piles up it will ease a little!

Last edited by johannskaria : 2nd August 2013 at 18:03.
Old 2nd August 2013, 19:26   #28
BHPian

thanks for the reply.
more queries
can you fold the rear seat backrest to accomodate more luggage in ambiente trim?
Can anybody open the boot from outside if you have centrally locked the car from inside?
Is door ajar function there?
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Or is it the case that Ambiente doesn't come with tachometer?
Thanks! Yup the base variant does not have a tachometer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsonu View Post
I find it quite ok! May be because my last car was a santro? Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Hope we can catch up soon to get a glimpse of the beauty
, going by the number of TDs and the research you have done on the various cars, you can no longer claim what I have quoted.
Also wanted to ask you about the option of adding ABS later(as you have mentioned). Is it really possible? Me too interested as mine is a base Figo.
Also I think you too are a Goundamani fan going by the "START MUSIC" haha.
Yes we should catch up soon! Am now out of station currently but should be back next sunday! We can meet that week and do the camparo!
The ABS is a hope but i need to do more work on it. Lets discuss it when we meet. Of course i am a goundamani fan! He is a riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Hmm I'm too thinking of the rails, it does give a more butcher stance to the vehicle!
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
thanks for the reply.
more queries
can you fold the rear seat backrest to accomodate more luggage in ambiente trim?
Can anybody open the boot from outside if you have centrally locked the car from inside?
Is door ajar function there?
I am currently out of station but will check and revert once i am back. For now heres what i know
1) yes we can push down the rear seats for more space (split and recline is not possible)
2) to my knowledge nothing can be opened from outside when central lock is on including the fuel lid and boot
3) the door open sign? yup its there
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:54   #30
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase! I also booked a Trend Diesel today . It was a very close battle between the Ambient and the Trend, (Titanium was sheer out of budget), but the trend just wooed me with the ABS and the steering mounted controls and the rear wipers & defoggers.

I haven't finalised on the colour yet, we have different opinions in the family ranging from white, chill metallic and sea grey. Do keep us posted on your experience. Also, how much did they charge you for the rear view cam (the dealer quoted 14k to me) and the fog lamps?

Most Viewed