Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2013, 00:01   #31
BHPian

re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Congratulation UrajKumar.

Is the USB port placed up on the dash board in all the variant ? I remember seen the usb port at the bottom of the middle console.
Old 3rd August 2013, 01:11   #32
BHPian

re: My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!

Congratulations UrajKumar. Wishing you miles and miles of happiness with the new possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Wait a Second!
The MID seems to be displaying real Time fuel Efficiency. According to the Brochure Ambiente does not have this feature. If remember correctly I saw a 2 line display for ambiente/trend variants in the showroom.
Can you through more light on this please.
sunilg, The MID displays FE for all models AFAIK.
The 2 Line Display according to the brochure that you're talking about is a display for the head unit of the stereo. That is a replacement for the 3.5 inch MFD screen seen on the higher models. The Ambiente and Trend models dont get the 3.5 inch display, instead, they gets a 2-Line Display right above the volume knob in the center of the dashboard, showing whether the connection is USB, Phone's Bluetooth or AUX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshan_v_k View Post

Is the USB port placed up on the dash board in all the variant ? I remember seen the usb port at the bottom of the middle console.
Roshan_v_k,

Only for Ambiente and Trend variants, the USB port is placed in the middle of the console. For Titanium and T (o), the USB is under the Handbrake, next to the AUX and 12v Power sockets. This is a big turn off. I dont understand what Ford saved by avoiding a piece of wire that runs until the Handbrake area. It's so perfect there. Plugging a pen drive in the middle of the console blocks the view of the 2 line display. Also, looks bad.
Old 3rd August 2013, 01:46   #33
BHPian

Roshan_v_k,

Only for Ambiente and Trend variants, the USB port is placed in the middle of the console. For Titanium and T (o), the USB is under the Handbrake, next to the AUX and 12v Power sockets. This is a big turn off. I dont understand what Ford saved by avoiding a piece of wire that runs until the Handbrake area. It's so perfect there. Plugging a pen drive in the middle of the console blocks the view of the 2 line display. Also, looks bad. [/quote]

I was shocked to see the USB in console.
Old 3rd August 2013, 05:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

What a story! Deserves a 5 star rating, you should seriously consider writing a book, once I started reading, I could not take my eyes off

Wish you a million happy miles with your Ecosport, knowing you, I think in a year, the '100' is going to have more bells and whistles than a Titanium O. With so much love pouring in, I think the '100' is not going to be leaving you after 4 years, but stay on to become your son's first drive!
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:07   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
.... I didn't want a tyre upgrade initially but there is a big difference between the 15 & 16 inch rims. However i believe it could void your warranty on suspension and so check that before you take the leap.

The tachometer is a big miss but to me its ok since i hardly look at that. The silver lining in this:- i don't think i will even forget to refuel & will never hit reserve

I didnt confirm it. I put it and the alloys without checking with them. Now no use worrying about it. Will handle it when if and when a situation arises.
As for the tacho, a BT OBD-II adapter and an app like Torque can display the rpms on your phone

About the tire upgrade, if you upgraded to the stock 16 specs that comes with Titanium, I don't think they can deny you warranty.
Old 3rd August 2013, 14:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
Congratulations on the purchase! I also booked a Trend Diesel today . It was a very close battle between the Ambient and the Trend, (Titanium was sheer out of budget), but the trend just wooed me with the ABS and the steering mounted controls and the rear wipers & defoggers.. Also, how much did they charge you for the rear view cam (the dealer quoted 14k to me) and the fog lamps?
Thanks! I agree Trend is a better option on retrospect (after having used the bluetooth to take calls now, i realize the steering mounted controls would have helped) ! I tried to change it too but realized i might have to have to wait longer. No regrets now!
The rear camera was put outside at 9K but i am not too happy with it. If dealer shows you another one, check it and purchase that. Foglamps costed 6.5k and its absolutely worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshan_v_k View Post
Only for Ambiente and Trend variants, the USB port is placed in the middle of the console. For Titanium and T (o), the USB is under the Handbrake, next to the AUX and 12v Power sockets. This is a big turn off
I was shocked to see the USB in console.[/quote]

Thanks Roshan! It certainly is irritating and I just ordered a smaller USB to compensate for the same. The Aux input is still near the handbrake and it should have been easier for them to keep USB there too but god knows what goes in the designers mind sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
What a story! Deserves a 5 star rating, you should seriously consider writing a book, once I started reading, I could not take my eyes off
I think in a year, the '100' is going to have more bells and whistles than a Titanium O. With so much love pouring in, I think the '100' is not going to be leaving you after 4 years, but stay on to become your son's first drive!
You have been extremely generous & thanks for that! I am realizing that i am going to spend a lot of money on the ecosport & hopefully i have enough in the end to put diesel to drive it.
My son loves the car already & i also think this might stay a long time with us! So far only the lancer and Skoda Superb have been longer than 4 years in the family and I think this could be the third one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
As for the tacho, a BT OBD-II adapter and an app like Torque can display the rpms on your phone

About the tire upgrade, if you upgraded to the stock 16 specs that comes with Titanium, I don't think they can deny you warranty.
Thanks you so much dry ice! I will check on your suggestion but i doubt being a city car i might need it often. Glad to hear a reassuring voice on the tyre upgrade & If it comes to that I will use that point to argue to get what i want.
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:38   #37
BHPian

Not to ruin my buddy's thread, since mine is Ambiente and our opinions match too...
Hence part of this!

Here is my Black Panther (Ambiente 1.5 TDCi)
(Sorry for the bad pics, didn't have time)

Few tweaks done :-

1. 195/65 R15 replaced with 205/60 R16
2. Got the OEM Alloys of Titanium trim for the tyres
3. Did the Teflon coating as I have always found it to be helpful (Did it it nearest Maruti showroom (My family members part of it ) as ford guys quoted me exorbitant amount)

Few tweaks on the way :-

1. Reverse sensors may be with camera (Still deciding, I had successfully without scratches parked my Ritz without gizmos for 3 years)
2. Roof rails (essential to the butchered look, and waiting for the aftermarket one)
3. Front grill chrome (Told to be around 10k at dealership, my uncle despite being a graphic designer found the exact same material and is designing the grill for under 1k)
4. Body coloring the handles (Will take the handles out while going for the 1st service)
5. Brighter headlights (Buying the Philips bulbs as suggested by fellow BHPian)
Attached Thumbnails
My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!-photo-1.jpg  

My Chill Pill – Ford EcoSport 1.5L Diesel (Ambient Variant). UPDATE - Now Sold!-photo.jpg  

Last edited by johannskaria : 3rd August 2013 at 18:03.
Old 3rd August 2013, 18:43   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by c View Post

2. Roof rails (essential to the butchered look, and waiting for the aftermarket one)
Congrats on new ride

How much did the dealer quote for the roof rails? And which tyre did you go for?

EDIT: Can you post a few eye level shots? Before you install the roof rails?

Last edited by Dry Ice : 3rd August 2013 at 18:50.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 18:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats on new ride

How much did the dealer quote for the roof rails? And which tyre did you go for?

Thank You fellow BHPian

the dealer quoted 13k
Goodyear Assurance
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 01:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post

Dear johannskaria,
Good colour choice.
Can you give me the contact for OEM alloys.

BTW we have finished making the metal engine guard, you can see the procedure on page 6 of my review

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...d-india-6.html

Cheers

Last edited by ecosport rules : 4th August 2013 at 01:39.
Old 4th August 2013, 09:34   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Not to ruin my buddy's thread, since mine is Ambiente and our opinions match too...
Hence part of this!

3. Did the Teflon coating as I have always found it to be helpful (Did it it nearest Maruti showroom (My family members part of it ) as ford guys quoted me exorbitant amount)

1. Reverse sensors may be with camera (Still deciding, I had successfully without scratches parked my Ritz without gizmos for 3 years)
3. Front grill chrome (Told to be around 10k at dealership, my uncle despite being a graphic designer found the exact same material and is designing the grill for under 1k)
4. Body coloring the handles (Will take the handles out while going for the 1st service)
5. Brighter headlights (Buying the Philips bulbs as suggested by fellow BHPian)
That's a cool looking ride bro! Nice to see your panther pictures & the chrome grill is certainly necessary in the black ecosport !

Also my thoughts on your enhancements
1 what is use of Teflon coating? How much did it cost
2 for roof rails they will have I drill your roof and so be extra careful when you choose after market ones
3 the chrome grill needs to fit well in the ecosport so I guess a lot of work is needed. May be you can even consider painting your black grill silver like the trend or chrome it
4 does the Gray handle stand out in this car? Being black I thought it would blend in well and t does not require painting . May be some more picture of side profile would help
Old 4th August 2013, 17:06   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
That's a cool looking ride bro! Nice to see your panther pictures & the chrome grill is certainly necessary in the black ecosport !

Also my thoughts on your enhancements
1 what is use of Teflon coating? How much did it cost
2 for roof rails they will have I drill your roof and so be extra careful when you choose after market ones
3 the chrome grill needs to fit well in the ecosport so I guess a lot of work is needed. May be you can even consider painting your black grill silver like the trend or chrome it
4 does the Gray handle stand out in this car? Being black I thought it would blend in well and t does not require painting . May be some more picture of side profile would help

Thank you Thank you

1. Well I don't know the technicality of the same. but its a protective coating which can prevent minor scratches from occurring.

It proved working for me on our cars . So I'm satisfied by it.

2. Well thats my concern too.

3. I quite like the chrome strip my uncle designed for the grill on which Ford emblem is placed. He had put some hours into it. So hopeful! Let's see how it pans out!

4. It doesn't stand out and blends in quite well. The only reason which I'm wanting to paint it is because I want to make the vehicle look more upmarket which will thereby decrease the depreciation in the long run!

The Initial quick review of mine is out...take a peek
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ur-garage.html

Last edited by johannskaria : 4th August 2013 at 17:07.
Old 4th August 2013, 20:18   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Dear johannskaria,
Good colour choice.

Cheers
Sorry , I missed this post

Thank you once again
Hope the details helps you, it is sooo difficult to get those wheels.
Even I used my contacts all over India, literally!
Let me know if you get those!
Old 4th August 2013, 20:24   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Raj.

Those alloys look brilliant and add the desired "kick" to the package.

Will be interesting to see the machine first hand.
Old 4th August 2013, 20:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Dear johannskaria,
Good colour choice.

BTW we have finished making the metal engine guard, you can see the procedure on page 6 of my review

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...d-india-6.html

Cheers
Hey checkout this guy whom I got my alloys from he offered me the oem alloys too majestic tires Anil +91 98-41-025335

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks