Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 17:42   #61
BHPian

Re: Review: Ford Ecosport EcoBoost 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Frankly, if you really want a petrol go for the 1.5P Ecosport - but waiting periods are high. The 1.5 Diesel is priced almost near the Ecoboost, thats a better option.

With any company there will be some service complaints, Ecosport is a great car, Ford is a decent company, service varies by dealer & spare parts are costlier than Maruti/Hyundai but not in the VW/Skoda range.
Thanks Gsurya , well my primary running is within the city and my weekly vehicle usage does not exceed 40-50 km. For the highway runs i have a SX4. Did not want to buy another small car (previous car was an Alto).That was the rationale behind the 1.0lt ecosport . T
Old 17th July 2014, 13:43   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Thanks Gsurya , well my primary running is within the city and my weekly vehicle usage does not exceed 40-50 km. For the highway runs i have a SX4. Did not want to buy another small car (previous car was an Alto).That was the rationale behind the 1.0lt ecosport . T
OK, if you are ready to discount the perception that an owner will always like his car, take my suggestion. Go for it. Its one heck of an engine. I have driven TDCi and returned unimpressed for many reasons. Lack of punch topping the list.

If you want punchy midrange + mileage (that heavenly combination) Ecoboost is the answer. I get mileage between 13.8 and 14, my daily commute is fairly signal free straight road and with not very spirited driving.
As suggested in prev posts, turbo petrols are very sensitive to your driving style. But one thing they promise, the fun of driving.
penpavan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 13:49   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
If you have an SX4 already, the Ecosport doesn't make sense as a second car that too petrol. The Ecoboost will give you better mileage than the SX4 but in effect both cars serve the same purpose. The SX4 has fantastic ground clearance like SX4 for bangalore roads and space wise is again similar to Ecosport with just a bigger boot.

If your looking for second car for errands and city driving look at the Brio or Swift ZXi with good discounts. You will save a few lakhs in the process.

The Ecosport is a great car but your needs do not point to needing one.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 08:30   #64
BHPian

Thanks for your frank view mate.
I think you got me wrong there, i did not mention that the Sx4 belongs to my Parents and they live some 15km away from where i do, so when ever i have a long ride happening i would have to borrow it from them, not always convienent. Also though my weekly running is minimal, i do head out over the weekends. So this is going to be my primary car :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If you have an SX4 already, the Ecosport doesn't make sense as a second car that too petrol. The Ecoboost will give you better mileage than the SX4 but in effect both cars serve the same purpose.
Old 14th February 2015, 14:26   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Let me start with an apology for posting this thread just too late after I brought home my car.
However, better late than never, here it is.

I know by now almost all points are covered and discussed elsewhere, but I will put my review anyway.
Quite a bit late on the thread here. Sorry mods. Congrats on your car sir.

A suggestion on your stereo problem about it switching off when at the signal when you turn off the car. Try this:
Stop at signal.
Put car in Neutral.
Pull the handbrake.
Take your foot off the brake.
Now press the power button.

It should keep everything else running.

Let me know if this helps. Cheers and congrats again!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 18th February 2015 at 11:37. Reason: Trimmed long post quote for benefit of mobile users.
Old 18th February 2015, 09:02   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
A suggestion on your stereo problem about it switching off when at the signal when you turn off the car. Try this:
Stop at signal.
Put car in Neutral.
Pull the handbrake.
Take your foot off the brake.
Now press the power button.

It should keep everything else running.

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks venom_op but that does not work. Only if you are on a call, the Sync will wait till you hang up, then turns itself off.
Old 28th February 2015, 23:42   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks venom_op but that does not work. Only if you are on a call, the Sync will wait till you hang up, then turns itself off.
Haha. yeah. Had an Ecosport in my store the other day and i tried it. Didn't work. This is a very weird and annoying glitch that could easily be fixed with a small software update.

Wonder if Ford plans on getting it done any time soon. I'm personally considering buying the Ecoboost to replace my Figo as a city runabout. How's your experience been so far? I heard the claimed economy isn't anywhere near what it actually gives.
Old 4th March 2015, 11:18   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Mr. Penpavan on purchase of a white Ecoboost Ecosport. Wish you a million happy miles.
1. Not many people would have gone for the 1-litre Ecoboost when the 1.5 litre Diesel is available at the same price. Only a pure auto enthusiast will make such a move. Congrats again!

2. Even I personally feel that the 1.5 litre Diesel is sluggish and lethargic. You would better purchase a figo Diesel than go for the 1.5 litre diesel. No where close to a 90 bhp punto.

3. Yes the 1-litre Ecoboost was the Engine Of the Year 2012 in its category. Engineering marvel.

4. And being a petrol you get the smoothness and with the addition of a turbo you get the kick of a Diesel. The most enjoyable blend of power and torque along with fuel efficiency. I am yet to come across an Ecoboost here in Kharagpur. Even some Ford Dealers do not have the Ecoboost for a test drive!
Old 29th April 2015, 16:03   #69

Hi,
I bought my Ecosport Ecoboost, almost an year ago. And after clocking, 20,500 KMs, with an average of 11.5 kmpl (that's what the reading in DIS says), am wondering, if it's way too less? After all, I was promised at least 15kmpl by the showroom guys. So, wanted to check with bhp-team mates, what's the mileage you guys are getting out of Ecosport Ecoboost 1.0?
Cheers!
Jyotiraj
Old 12th May 2015, 15:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JyotirajH View Post
Hi,
I bought my Ecosport Ecoboost, almost an year ago. And after clocking, 20,500 KMs, with an average of 11.5 kmpl (that's what the reading in DIS says), am wondering, if it's way too less? After all, I was promised at least 15kmpl by the showroom guys. So, wanted to check with bhp-team mates, what's the mileage you guys are getting out of Ecosport Ecoboost 1.0?
Cheers!
Jyotiraj
Fuel Consumption figures of my cousin brother's Ecosport EcoBoost, (which i also drive):
FE measurement method: Tankfull to tankfull
Preferred Fuel grade: Regular
Usage pattern: 80% City / 20% Highway
City of Use: Kolkata, West Bengal
Vehicle Age: 14 months
Total Kms covered: 18,000kms

In-City(with A/C on, cont, temp set at 24degC): 10.8 kmpl.
In-City (A/C temp set at 24degC, sometimes A/C manually switched off, for example waiting at traffic lights etc) : 11.1 kmpl
Highway (100%A/C, set at 24degC, below 100kmph cruise), 2persons, 20kg approx luggage: 15.7kmpl
Highway: (No A/C, 90-110kmph cruise): 17.3kmpl
Highway: (Flat out, with 100% A/C this was because we had a medical emergency and had to RUSH, very fast): 14.9kmpl
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 23:01   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok Naik View Post
Congratulations Mr. Penpavan on purchase of a white Ecoboost Ecosport. Wish you a million happy miles.
1. Not many people would have gone for the 1-litre Ecoboost when the 1.5 litre Diesel is available at the same price. Only a pure auto enthusiast will make such a move. Congrats again!

2. Even I personally feel that the 1.5 litre Diesel is sluggish and lethargic. You would better purchase a figo Diesel than go for the 1.5 litre diesel. No where close to a 90 bhp punto.

3. Yes the 1-litre Ecoboost was the Engine Of the Year 2012 in its category. Engineering marvel.

4. And being a petrol you get the smoothness and with the addition of a turbo you get the kick of a Diesel. The most enjoyable blend of power and torque along with fuel efficiency. I am yet to come across an Ecoboost here in Kharagpur. Even some Ford Dealers do not have the Ecoboost for a test drive!
1: It isn't always about the cost. A year back when i got mine, i went for the diesel just because of 3 month waiting period vs almost a year !

2: Ecoboost is less than 20% faster than the diesel in 0-100 sprint of 11.xx secs vs 13.xx. Top speed is more or less the same @180. Seriously if you want to drive fast you will be better off buying a C segment sedan or hatches like Polo GT. And where did punto 90bhp come from? Just see the timings from the shootout comparo they did at motorbeam:

http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/10/car...port-shootout/

I think even a brio can beat punto 90hp in a quarter mile drag

3: True. Same technology is getting used in flagship cars like Ford GT. Few people will also appreciate the sound it makes at higher RPMs.

4: Fuel economy is good, but diesel is more frugal of the two anyday. Yes Ecoboost is a blast to drive in highways, but most people will use the car in stop and go traffic 95% of the time (below turbo zone) which makes diesel a more practical choice.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 15:46   #72
BHPian

My dear friends. Now I am in utter confusion between Ecoboost and Ecosport Diesel. Kindly help me to choose the right one for me based on following criteria. I am lviing in the capital city of Kerala, and having a family consisting of wife, two little daughters of age 7 and 3 years and my father, a senior citizen. I am presently using ford fiesta 1.4 TDCI SXI (2007)which is in very good condition having 100K on odo. My weekly usage falls between 80 to 100 Kilometers. Since my wife and me are quite enthusiastic of traveling we goes on long trips ranging 1200 to 1500 kilometers 3-4 times in a year with my full family. I drive sedately on city traffic conditions but on highways I like to sprint and keep triple digit speeds (very safely). With my new vehicle we are planning for our dream Leh- Ladak trip. Hence the vehicle should not breath out on mountains/ghat sessions. I want to keep my new vehicle for atlest next 5-6 years. Please gurus.... help me
Old 1st August 2016, 15:55   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevan Sukumar View Post
My dear friends. Now I am in utter confusion between Ecoboost and Ecosport Diesel.
EcoBoost. Will be right for your requirements. Refined, fast, economical. Drive it with a light foot within city and you should get between 11.5-12.5kmpl with full A/C. On highways, below 120kmph should return you figures of 15.5 - 16kmpl.
The turbo gives you a nice punchy powerband, especially when driving in mountains. Expect 10-11kmpl in hard mountain driving, (1st/2nd gear).

Will not be a problem for Leh - Ladakh at all. (In any case even Maruti 800's do Leh-Ladakh!)

Above feedback based on my brother's EcoBoost usage for 2.5 years and 45,000 kms, including, you guessed it, Leh-Ladakh and other very bad terrains in North-East.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 18:27   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevan Sukumar View Post
With my new vehicle we are planning for our dream Leh- Ladak trip. Hence the vehicle should not breath out on mountains/ghat sessions. I want to keep my new vehicle for atlest next 5-6 years. Please gurus.... help me
Hi Jeevan,

Although, Diesel provides more torque and should be easier to ascend on mountains, their is one issue that you might face. I have been to similar heights and far worse roads (lahaul-spiti) on my diesel Eco sport, and have realized it turbo kick-in at 2k rpm poses some problems. However, since yours will be a newer model with turbo kick in at 1750, it will be comparatively easier. I would suggest a remap to make it a champ on mountains and get the kick in at 1400-1500 rpm range.

For in city driving diesel is a gem. Also, its build quality is super awesome and so is the ruggedness. Do you know Ecosport has hydraulic engine mounts ? Perhaps one of the 5% cars below 15 Lakhs price range. You can go for it with blind eye. Remember,
City and Mountains - Diesel
Open Stretches - Ecoboost
Fun - Ecoboost (in fact super fun, couldn't but it as at the time of my purchase it had a 2 month waiting period and diesel was available immediately)

I hope it helps.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:04   #75
BHPian

Thank you Mr. arjab and Mr. BB 311 for you prompt and kind reply. I think I am slightly panned towards Ecosport Diesel. Mr. Arjab, please don't angry on me. One more help please.Kindly advice me on the behavior of Ecosport Diesel on open highways. As I am currently owns a Fiesta, comparisons may please be made between the two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks