Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 19:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: From Munich (Germany) to the keys in my hand. Story of my BMW 328i RWD

Phenomenal initial ownership thread. Probably unlike any in TBHP thus far, top stuff. Fantastic and extremely passionate, as I see it. And what a lovely car. Dynamic and awesome. Rated 5 stars, for lack of the 6th.

Wish you an equally fantastic ownership and worry free miles in millions. Cheers.

Last edited by k_ajay : 20th September 2013 at 19:43.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 23:26   #17
BHPian

Frazz33r,

Loved your narration , it brought memories of my 2003 325i which i sold 2 yrs ago when i moved to india.
I used to live in Chelmsford MA and my 2003 325i was always serviced at Tulley in Nashua, NH.

Did u consider European Delivery option which saves money plus chance to drive your BMW on autobahn?
Also there is option to delivery at Performance Delivery Center, SC which includes 1 night stay at hotel and drive equivalent BMW on their track while getting the delivery there.

Enjoy your BMW, looks cool. I had fun with mine for 7 yrs and 90k miles.
BMW driving feel is the best, so assuring. Take her to new england winding roads, specially with fall now on, enjoy colors and your BMW.

--rawnak
rawnak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 00:17   #18
BHPian

Thanks for this fascinating read, who would have thought a BMW ownership report would give us such a deep insight into intercontinental supply chains, logistics, sea routes, huge gigantic intriguing ships, all Swedish crews, the sheer amount of knowledge that drives our world!

So much effort, ingenuity, knowledge, technology, people involved to get that car out to you, you better enjoy it!
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 02:23   #19
BHPian

Thanks Everyone! It indeed is a beauty and Turns into a beast when put in the "SPORT" Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Do upload more pictures and tell us about your initial experience of the car.
Yes! That will happen soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Which wood trim does the car come with? it goes great with the interiors.
2014 F30's come default with the Dark Burl wood trim. BMW Got rid of the aluminium trims which did duty in 2012 and 2013's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Congrats on the beautiful car. Do they still have the option to take the delivery in Germany and use it for driving around and ship it back?
My close friend used this and had a great experience.
Yes, Its is known as European Delivery. I had no plans of making an Eurotrip. The discounts are high with an ED. Actually if you look, the ED delivery takes care of your Expenses visiting Germany. It would be awesome to visit the Welt and see your car rotating on one of the turnstiles and driving out from the there. Not to forget, driving on the Autobahn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawnak View Post
Also there is option to delivery at Performance Delivery Center, SC which includes 1 night stay at hotel and drive equivalent BMW on their track while getting the delivery there.
Yes, I did all the research, the problem was i had the 1000$ off with the Ultimate Driving Experience Incentive bundled which had a time constraint of October, Hence couldn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
..deep insight into intercontinental supply chains, logistics, sea routes, huge gigantic intriguing ships, all Swedish crews, the sheer amount of knowledge that drives our world!

So much effort, ingenuity, knowledge, technology, people involved to get that car out to you, you better enjoy it!
Haha. Even I was thrilled to see that discovery channel video. Rolls Royce having specific requirements to place the car with each other was educating. I am sure it goes with all the Big bucks vehicles.
Old 21st September 2013, 19:13   #20
BHPian

Wonderful post! You are in a country where one can really enjoy such a performance machine. All the very best to you and your new ride. Fall is setting in.. plan a trip to NH will you?
Old 22nd September 2013, 11:43   #21

Superb Frazz3r !!! Loved every part of thread. Amazing read I must say, never gone through a similar post before. Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece with us.
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:48   #22
BHPian

Many many congratulations Frazz3r. The entire episode of your BMW from start to finish is just mesmerizing! To meticulously track the car like that (at every stage) from Bremerhaven to NJ is quite something. Talk about keeping an eye on your baby right from the time she's born!

I keep thinking the Beemer looks smashing in white. She belongs there man! Moreover those alloys and interiors just add wonderfully to the character of the car. You should probably know that I'm also in the process of getting the 3 soon so your story fascinated me even more. As Akshay1234 once put it to me simply, "nothing like a nice RWD Bimmer"!

Here is wishing you loads of happiness with her!

Given this, it's safe to assume that your initial ownership experience to be even more detailed
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car! That's a really really passionate way of loving your car, I think you have lived up to the 'live-to-drive' sentence! Interesting read too, about the way cars are shipped from the factory to the dealer. Enjoy the car !
W.A.G.7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 19:00   #24
BHPian

Congrats on the 328i!

This has to be one of the most exhaustive ownership threads I have ever seen. And this is even before the actual meat of the ownership has actually started!

Have fun with the 'Ultimate Driving Machine' and keep updating this thread!
Old 23rd September 2013, 19:14   #25
BHPian

Oh, Simply awesome.i can see the passion that went into it. You wouldn't be happy in anything other than a beemer.
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 15:55   #26
BHPian

Awesome is the word. Such passion! Wah wah! This is the first time I am reading about tracking one's car before delivery...that too so meticulously!

Mods, technically speaking, shouldn't this be housed in "Pre-Ownership Reports" instead of "Initial Ownership Reports"?

As someone said, you exemplify the "Live to drive" phrase!

On the flip side, it would have been so much more fun if you could have gone for the 'European Delivery' option!

Thanks for sharing. And man, I must say, you've got a mean machine! I'll contact you for a TD the next time I am in NY!

Last edited by Top-Gear : 24th September 2013 at 16:21.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 14:41   #27
BHPian

I had been following this thread for quite some days.Even my brother was planning to book a 328i in Seattle.That is when i came across this thread.We had ordered a 328i xdrive but cancelled it due to delay in processing.Two days back we checked with the Seatle BMW inventory and came across a Melbourne Red Metallic 328i xdrive with almost all the packages and options meeting our requirements.So my brother booked it but decided not to pick it up.Now can anyone tell me is there a way we can cancel this order and take the european delivery option by placing a fresh order?
Old 25th September 2013, 21:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
So my brother booked it but decided not to pick it up.Now can anyone tell me is there a way we can cancel this order and take the european delivery option by placing a fresh order?
Ok there is a bit of logistics involved in here.

1) Have you made a deposit on the car? Is the money already paid? If not you can cancel the order. Depending on state to state, Deposits are refundable and you will definitely have to fight for it.

2) Talk to the CA. If he is ready and will be able to give the ED pricing then great! Remember he will not be excited to make an ED happen in the current scenario WHY?

AFAIK : Because he lost a sale on the BMW-USA Inventory. That sale does not reflect on his dealership. Lower Margin on that sale. Additionally it is a perk that is offered by BMW, Germany to entice people for European imports.
Fraz33r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 22:21   #29
BHPian

Thats one helluva initial ownership report. Haven fun and drive Safe
Old 26th September 2013, 00:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

This is an awesome report & congratulations on buying The Ultimate Driving Machine.

Its amazing to see the efforts you took to have this car, now have fun & enjoy the car and yes please keep us posted on the overall ownership

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks