Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 15:28   #46

Re: Tata Safari: Bringing home the long cherished love

Hearty Congrats "BC" for the new beast. Your post was really very interesting and funny. Hope you have a great experience with the machine. Pandit Auto is still the same, some people never change. Its good for Pune that people now have an option of Concorde motors and National auto. I know quite a few people who have decided against buying a Tata vehicle just because they dont want to go to Pandit . Wishing you all the best and happy miles on your Safari
Old 29th August 2013, 15:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the beast. Looks swell. Nice writing style with subtle humour . Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I always had and still have the Safari on my To Buy Lists but to get this i will have to give up my other beast which puts me in a dicey spot.

Neverthless, enjoy your beast to the fullest and please post more pics (interior and all the mods).

Drive Safe.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 29th August 2013, 17:58   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider_no46 View Post
Pandit Auto is still the same, some people never change. Its good for Pune that people now have an option of Concorde motors and National auto. I know quite a few people who have decided against buying a Tata vehicle just because they dont want to go to Pandit
Thanks rider_no46.

Honestly, the chaps at Pandit irritated me to such an extent that I decided, I may go to Kolhapur or Mumbai to buy my beast or worse may wait for another Tata showroom to open up in Pune but never would venture at the doors of Pandit. Hope people who are responsible and accountable for such rotten service of Pandit are reading this and will take adequate steps to improve their customer's buying experience
BeingCynical is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 15:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations BC for the Safari.
Wish you happy motoring with the Safari and an absolute niggle free performance from the beast.
Enjoy your life and drive safe.
Old 31st August 2013, 16:54   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Congratulations BC for the Safari.
Wish you happy motoring with the Safari and an absolute niggle free performance from the beast.
Enjoy your life and drive safe.
Thanks Sommos for the kind words. Safari is one heck of a vehicle made for all terrain. Hope to take the beast to places before I can be sure of any substantial niggles.
Old 8th September 2013, 12:35   #51
BHPian

Got the beast fitted with Bull gurad and couple of Hella flashlights. Bull guard of Vizor with stell rim and made black color tough plastic (covering the sensitive radiator only). Cost around 8k (with fitting charge). Hella lights with all weather defroster cost around 4k. All accessories are fitted at Karrax, Wakad, Pune. Pictures of the beast with a new look coming up.
Old 11th September 2013, 20:50   #52
BHPian

BC, Congrats for your new Safari!

The way you have written the entire post with all information and lots of humor here and there really makes reading the post more tasteful.

Good to know that still there are many fans of Safari who loves the spare wheel on the back design. Me too purchased Safari EX in mid 2012 after seeing the Safari Storme at Delhi Auto Expo 2012 although Storme is much refined vehicle from Tata

Which model of Hella lights you got installed on your beast?

-
SS
Old 18th September 2013, 19:06   #53
BHPian

Hi SaurabhSaran, sorry for the late reply. Was in fact travelling.

I installed Hella Rallye 1000 Auxiliary Lamp at a price Rs 3650/- a piece. I had two of them to go with the Bull Guard. Carrax was first quoting it around 4K but after my persistent nagging as if my mercy petition is rejected by the president, he finally agreed for the slashed price. I guess because of sheer irritation that I was turning out to be
BeingCynical is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 21:52   #54
BHPian

You got these lights at good price. I was quoted 3800 per piece by dealer. What about other expenses like installation and fabrication cost?

BC, can you share the pics how your beast looks with Hella Rallye 1000 and where did you get the on/off switch installed. (pic please)

I was bit confused between Hella Rallye 700 FF and Hella Rallye 1000. What is your opinion on this?

-
SS
Old 19th September 2013, 08:37   #55
BHPian

SaurabhSaran, as I am travelling now I don`t have the picture of the beast with the bull guard and lamps. Will share them once back home.

Yes Carrax was quoting a number as service and fitting charges but never heed to their noise, much like a politician when asked about his latest loot. I only had to pay for the wires that was required for the fitting. That came out to be Rs 1200/-. As of the switch, I placed it in the switch panel (which are unused being a LX model).

The entire process of fitting the guard and the lamps took around two hours.

P.S - Carrax (Wakad, Pune) doesn`t have the guard and the bulbs on the fly. They need at least one day lead time. I ordered them and paid advance on Saturday and got them installed on Sunday.
Old 19th September 2013, 13:36   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post
Storme is better than Dicor 2.2 VTT in many ways than one but the missing back tyre is killing the whole notion of Safari.
. I am a proud owner of Safari Dicor LX. When I first compared my Safari LX to Storme, I felt the whole essence of Safari was lost due to the absence of back tyre. Though Storme has a refined engine, it doesn't look as good as the old Safari.
Old 4th November 2013, 06:43   #57
BHPian

Guys, here is an issue. I am here in Japan for last 3 months and the Beast back home is parked and doing nothing like an average Sarkari Babu.

Wife, once it a week starts it keeps idling for 5-7 minutes. Nothing much other than this. I am worried a little since it being a new vehicle, it hasn't had rotation of it's tyres, even for an inch in last 90 days.

Any suggestion, on how to get over my anxiety?
Old 5th November 2013, 11:02   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post
Any suggestion, on how to get over my anxiety?
It would be a good idea to have someone drive it for a couple of kms every week though it is not a must do.

What can also be done is to place wooden blocks under all the four tires so that they are off the ground.

The easiest thing is to overfill air in them to say, 45PSI so that they are in correct shape.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks