Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 14:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Embarking on an Adventure: My pre-owned Fiat Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Enjoy the car and please maintain her well.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Thanks a lot mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Congratulations on getting an Adventure! The experience of owning a good fiat is rewarding in all respects

For the brakes, you can get Brembo Brake pads for the fronts in India! Hah, beat that!
Woah! Brembos will certainly solve the problem, I'm sure! Yeah the next upgrade will indeed be these brakes only! And lucky you,you have a nice S10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Congratulations !!

Palio adventure was the original mini SUV with its ground clearance. You can say Duster ka Baap.
Somehow the market was never mature for such cars plus the Fiat attitude is yet to change for indian market. They are still content selling engines to others.

Wish you many more miles of adventure with your car.
'Duster ka baap'- That sums it up I guess! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
A big congrats! Thoroughly enjoyed your narration and the beautiful pictures !

The Advy is a car that oozes attitude and character. You must drive her to college everyday! :-D

For the spares, you can check 99rpm.com. They stock most of the running spares you'd require.

She appears to be well maintained. Glad that she has found another good home.
Take good care of her. :-)
Yeah I did check out 99rpm. They even have the black plastic cladding around the wheel arches! Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Congratulations on your car Samar!! The car seems to be in a very good condition even though it has done 90k kms. The exterior also seems to be in good shape - considering the badges and lights are still intact. I too was surprised on seeing an orange color Adventure - have only seen black and silver till date.

My suggestion is to first take it to a good independent garage and get all the niggles and issues fixed. Then get a good touch up done on the original paint - and you are all set on a brand new Adventure

Congrats again and good to see another stationwagon / estate car on the forum.
Thanks mate, and yes, your suggestion seems to me the best line of approach I should take. And I knew you'd like this after reading your brilliant thread on estates and your beautiful Altura!
Samar117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 18:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on this rare Italian beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
Brakes. or Marshmallows. It's the same thing.

Steering- provides with only decent feedback, I'd prefer more inputs from the steering.
Try bleeding your brake system with fresh fluid before you put new pads.

Get your steering system checked. Steering feel also depends on condition of tires
Mpower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 18:35   #18
BHPian

Congrats on acquiring a beauty! It looks well maintained and doesn't show its age. Give a nice detailing session (believe me, it deserves one) and it would surely be a head turner (if not already!)

The RPM issues could be diagnosed by hooking the ECU on to the Examiner. Check with a good Fiat expert in your area, and I am sure the issue can be sorted out.
Old 27th August 2013, 18:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!!! A few weekends cleaning , detailing her and i am sure she will look even better than now.

Is the roof rail plastic blistered or is this just some muck on it?

puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 19:32   #20
BHPian

Congrats and drive safe. One thing I can never forget about this car and the opel would be the door thud satisfaction, it does have a remarkably strong metal in the door.
VernaCular is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 20:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats on this rare Italian beauty.

Try bleeding your brake system with fresh fluid before you put new pads.

Get your steering system checked. Steering feel also depends on condition of tires
Yeah bleeding the system would indeed come first mate. One more thing which I had read was that Palio did come with weak brakes. Also if my knowledge is right, Adventure brakes are bigger than Palios.

By the steering feel, I meant it's not very responsive. My Manza's steering feels like one is driving a barge on a river, no response at all. One can't read the road well. But yes, following your advice will get the system checked, also I have no idea how steering feel changes with change in condition of tyres, as we have never changed tyre sets in any of our cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post

The RPM issues could be diagnosed by hooking the ECU on to the Examiner. Check with a good Fiat expert in your area, and I am sure the issue can be sorted out.
Thanks mate. Yeah will diagnose the ECU using an examiner, hopefully It'll just be a tiny niggle ( fingers crossed )
Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Congratulations!!! A few weekends cleaning , detailing her and i am sure she will look even better than now.

Is the roof rail plastic blistered or is this just some muck on it?

[/IMG]
Thanks mate, yeah it's blistered from age. I believe the sun is the culprit, also the roof rails are actually metal not plastic and paint has been applied over them( I assume you did mean plastic paint, if there is such a thing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VernaCular View Post
Congrats and drive safe. One thing I can never forget about this car and the opel would be the door thud satisfaction, it does have a remarkably strong metal in the door.
You're absolutely right mate! One of my dad's friend had an Opel Astra, the suspension used to creak and groan a lot, but the doors were rock solid and the same deep 'thud' when they closed. Comparing that to the Tata Manza that we have, seems like they used tin foil to make the doors
Old 27th August 2013, 20:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1129080

After a bit of drive in start stop traffic and AC on, I parked the car near my house as my mom had to buy something. When she came back,I started the car and the engine would not idle. If I kept my foot on the gas pedal, the revs would go higher and the engine wouldn't shut down. But getting closer to 1k rpm, and the engine would shut down. Anyway we limped the car home, and next morning I started the car again and everything was working perfectly. Once again after a while the same problem cropped up . The engine would not idle. I waited for 2 minutes and fired her up again, and this time she started.

Attachment 1129103
Congrats on your purchase.I think you have made the right decision in choosing this awesome machine.
I own a S10 now.Wish i had it when i was in college...sigh!!!
There are lot of senior members well versed with Fiat here for guidance..you can also check other Fiat specific forums like PUG..for more information.

Regarding the RPM problem, Just check if its a O2 sensor problem.Just disconnect it and see if the idle becomes normal?

you can buy spares from 99rpm.It seems to be good.
happy mile munching!!
Old 27th August 2013, 20:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post

you can buy spares from 99rpm.It seems to be good.
A bit disorganized over certain items but overall pretty ok and a good source!
Old 27th August 2013, 20:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is the original rubber the car came with
Attachment 1129091

And the rubber it's running on now
Attachment 1129102
@Samar117 - congrats on your car

As far as tyres are concerned - please change them. I think you are running on Commercial Vehicle tyres, and not on regular car tyres.
See the first post in this forum for more details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-your-car.html
Old 28th August 2013, 12:26   #25
BHPian

Just a flying idea; you may think of getting a black 3M cover on its roof?
Old 15th October 2013, 20:41   #26
BHPian

Well firstly congrats on your Adventure Samar. For 90K it's a steal.
I too am an owner of Adventure 1.6 sports since 2007, and its still daily driven. Felt nice to know another fellow owner of this tank
The ride comfort of this car, actually spoils you. Just ask the previous owner what he misses in his Duster, and you will know, how high the Adventure set the stadards for next cars.

Just take good care of it, it's not that it's a delicate product, just the support available for it is not that great, you have to rely on yourself a lot for most of the requirements.
Regarding your issue for RPM, let me know if it is resolved or not. Though my guess is a faulty Lambda sensor, but there could be several other issues like carbon deposit in throttle body or even pity issue like Fuel filter. I hope you have got a good mechanic to resolve it.

Also was a bit curious that Bumpers and wheel arch claddings are a bit too shiny, are they painted? I personally feel the original grainy matt texture of the bumper and these claddings look better.

In the pics, I noticed some oxidation on the roof rails at edges, it is a bit common thing after 3-4 years, what I did was, I removed these roof rails and got them powder coated. It added few more years to that smooth texture. I also did the same to the Bull guard and foot rails. It jsut keep the car looking in its original form.

Congrats again
Old 15th October 2013, 21:18   #27
BHPian

Congratulations. You sure got a great car. Trust me as I had the pleasure of owning one. Was a Red one. Took me to tough places with great comfort.
Had to sell it when I moved to Chennai.
Like your uncle I too sold my Adventure and got myself a Duster
thalavoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 21:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Well firstly congrats on your Adventure Samar. For 90K it's a steal.
I too am an owner of Adventure 1.6 sports since 2007, and its still daily driven. Felt nice to know another fellow owner of this tank
The ride comfort of this car, actually spoils you. Just ask the previous owner what he misses in his Duster, and you will know, how high the Adventure set the stadards for next cars.

Just take good care of it, it's not that it's a delicate product, just the support available for it is not that great, you have to rely on yourself a lot for most of the requirements.
Regarding your issue for RPM, let me know if it is resolved or not. Though my guess is a faulty Lambda sensor, but there could be several other issues like carbon deposit in throttle body or even pity issue like Fuel filter. I hope you have got a good mechanic to resolve it.

Also was a bit curious that Bumpers and wheel arch claddings are a bit too shiny, are they painted? I personally feel the original grainy matt texture of the bumper and these claddings look better.

In the pics, I noticed some oxidation on the roof rails at edges, it is a bit common thing after 3-4 years, what I did was, I removed these roof rails and got them powder coated. It added few more years to that smooth texture. I also did the same to the Bull guard and foot rails. It jsut keep the car looking in its original form.

Congrats again
Thanks hrsraghav. I have to absolutely agree with you, the ride quality has spoilt me as well. And now whenever I'm in another car, I'm constantly going on about how the Adventure, even after being 10 years old, has a much mature and comfortable ride.

The paint is stock. I guess the lighting in the pictures has created that shine

As for the RPM issue, it hasn't cropped up again. Been running the car 6-7 days a week for the past few months.

I'll have my winter holidays this Dec. Will certainly sort out this car mechanically and do a detailing session as well. Shall follow your advice for the roof rails and the Bull bar. Thanks so much for that.

Cheers.
Old 16th October 2013, 12:04   #29
BHPian

Man this is the Car I wrote, when the T-BHP membership question came up.

Absolutely dig it ... Congrats man..
TheHkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 23:14   #30
BHPian

It has been close to a year since I bought the Advy. It's been an amazing time driving a car that has such a powerful engine, brilliant suspension, and a tank like body. It does take a toll on the mileage though *OUCH*

The headlights, along with the Hella fogs have now faded quite a bit. 10 years of Delhi dirt and dust has taken it's toll. New ones would cost quite a lot ( I'm a college student hehe) . So I bought some local fog lights and attached them on the bull bar with a relay. It was all a DIY except for the welding for the clamps that hold the lights.Light Throw has improved remarkably, and it all costed me 2k Rupees.

A month back, the thermostat-hose pipe joint started to leak coolant, and had to limp the car home. ( used the heater to draw heat from the engine method and kept it at very low revs ) . After much searching, found a new hose pipe and had to a couple of alterations to it so as to make it fit. The thermostat itself has rusted. Let's see how long this lasts. Cost for the hose-pipe was roughly about 2k rupees.

Other than all this, the car is running brilliantly. Went to a soft-roading event, and put a load of Dusters and Eco-Sports to shame!

Attaching a couple of pictures to do the rest, also with Sidindica's immaculate Punto.

Embarking on an Adventure: My pre-owned Fiat Adventure-1471330_686100478090907_1041975764_n.jpg

Embarking on an Adventure: My pre-owned Fiat Adventure-1523775_10203127779142278_1425980482_o.jpg

Embarking on an Adventure: My pre-owned Fiat Adventure-980277_10203787522835458_6476594863996343096_o.jpg

Embarking on an Adventure: My pre-owned Fiat Adventure-1015397_515841931865488_1131580996_o.jpg
Samar117 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks