Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2014, 23:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Embarking on an Adventure: My pre-owned Fiat Adventure

Hey Samar, Well written review. You too joined the league of writing reviews now. Good to see the car after a long time. Mr. Utsav Batra i.e our very own devil adds the special touch to this review.

Samar, whenever you get time, just plan out a body-paint session on the car. I told you in our CP meet in January. You love your car so much, hence, a small suggestion on it from my end.

Happy Driving!!

See you soon.

AD
Old 30th April 2014, 23:45   #32
BHPian

Congratulations Samar. This review has been a treat to read and i was glued to the screen as i went through each word. And for the Car, its a lovely car to own. I remember being on the passenger seat once and i truly remember i felt i was in a Tank. Happy Revving !
Old 1st May 2014, 04:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
just plan out a body-paint session on the car. I told you in our CP meet in January. You love your car so much, hence, a small suggestion on it from my end.

AD
Thank you so much Akash sir for those words.
You are absolutely right, the car does need an exterior overhaul ( That's why it's covered in stickers hehehehe)
There are however quite a lot of reasons stopping me from doing that,
Firstly, I'm still in college, and I don't earn. I really don't feel like asking my dad for 20-30k for a respray and body work on this car. And I don't know whether I will be in this city for my higher studies, so it's all against it.

Another reason that I have is, that mechanically I will have to put some money into it, so I will use up that money which I would've otherwise used to respray.
There will come a time, when I earn, and I too will have a car, which I shall immaculately keep and wax her every other month. Till then I have to just keep my Advy running.
It's a college student's car, it has to run on m-seal and duct-tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocket003 View Post
Congratulations Samar. This review has been a treat to read and i was glued to the screen as i went through each word. And for the Car, its a lovely car to own. I remember being on the passenger seat once and i truly remember i felt i was in a Tank. Happy Revving !
Thanks so much mate, I see your dad has a Palio as well! The pleasure and the feeling of safety when you hear the thud of the doors is well documented.
Also I tried comparing the hood weight of my car to the Esteem, The Palio's weighs at least 3 times more, that's how solid these cars are!
Samar117 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 12:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
Thanks so much mate, I see your dad has a Palio as well! The pleasure and the feeling of safety when you hear the thud of the doors is well documented.
Also I tried comparing the hood weight of my car to the Esteem, The Palio's weighs at least 3 times more, that's how solid these cars are!
Well, it was for a small period of time and then i dont know what got into him. He sold it and did not even tell me until i visited my hometown after a period of 6 months. It was shocking to say the least. Thanks to God, I believe I have saved enough money to buy my own car and will do that this month for sure.
Old 1st May 2014, 18:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
You are absolutely right, the car does need an exterior overhaul ( That's why it's covered in stickers hehehehe). Firstly, I'm still in college, and I don't earn. I really don't feel like asking my dad for 20-30k for a respray and body work on this car.

Another reason that I have is, that mechanically I will have to put some money into it, so I will use up that money which I would've otherwise used to respray. There will come a time, when I earn, and I too will have a car, which I shall immaculately keep and wax her every other month. Till then I have to just keep my Advy running. It's a college student's car, it has to run on m-seal and duct-tape
Samar, You are like my younger brother. I wish you all the best and may your dreams come true very soon. I salute your thoughts. Just keep it in best possible shape and take good care of the car. Sticker or no sticker, the car is really nice. Drive it nicely and be safe.

OT: I fired my driver today morning after what he did to my Esteem yesterday.

Thanks

AD
Old 12th July 2014, 19:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

When other kids played in the park, you were busy cycling down unknown roads.
Looking for indiana jones.
Looking for James bond.
Looking for adventure.
Until you discovered where they lived.

Embarking on an Adventure: My pre-owned Fiat Adventure-img-14.jpg

In your Mind.

Embarking on an Adventure: My pre-owned Fiat Adventure-img-16.jpg

It looks wild.
Brash, bold, laden with attitude.
It appeals to your eyes, and your animal instinct.

Embarking on an Adventure: My pre-owned Fiat Adventure-img-28.jpg

It digs into your skin, it enters your system.

Embarking on an Adventure: My pre-owned Fiat Adventure-img-40.jpg

After all, the adventure's got to be in your blood.
sidindica is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 22:03   #37
BHPian

Thank you Siddharth bhaiya for those lovely words and pictures! Sums up the car better than any poet could.
And always great fun to have your scratch-less Punto next to my scratch-full Advy as a nice contrast
Samar117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 11:39   #38

Sir,
I would say you have proven that you have the courage to own an adventure.
I remember my college days, when my friend got this same color "Tangerine Mist" from the showroom in 2005.

It surely was a head spinner. Unfortunately it met with a disastrous end with an accident with the Fr Rt fender ramming in the divider.
Damage:
1. Rt Fr Mag wheel
2. Fender Damage
3. Suspensions
4. Wishbone
5. Fairings

It happened at a point where finances were low as students and spares were in shortage and Fiat workshops were closing down (Before TATA took over).

The car poor thing was lying idle for years, moving from one mechanic to the other, trying to revive her. It came on road, but with innumerable problems.

Engine misfiring, fuel pump giving up, bad ride, steering issues, sensor problems.

It was set to rest in the parking, where it sleeps until today. Hoping for a day that someone like you will breath it into life.

At time I feel like doing it, but then it scares me what if is just that "The beast that waiting to be awakened"

P:S some in Hyderabad would still remember this unique adventure known as the "Xonified"
Slider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 15:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Samar. You just got hold of one of the best cars to run on the indian roads. Do take good care of her. I wish you a happy ownership.
Old 7th January 2015, 03:29   #40
BHPian

Your words convey more than the pictures-Well written review . It is ironical that the a product like this with a 7 seater option, if launched again, would still be the best mpv available here.
Old 7th January 2015, 07:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hearty Congratulations. This was the original mini SUV from Fiat with its brilliance of 1.6 liter engine and a fiery misty orange colour.
Im sure Fiat has taken a leaf or two out of this car while creating the latest Fiat Avventura.
Im in look out for a good Adventure to add to my fleet of Fiats.
Old 7th January 2015, 08:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

If Datsun can launch Go+ with a pruny engine, Fiat can hit big time with the Adventure based MPV can pose a challenge to the Mobilio. Yes the 1.3 MJD can give the economics too.
Old 10th January 2015, 14:29   #43
BHPian

Brilliant decision in going for a classic. The car is as good as new. The couple of occasions I was at F.A.S.S, I had the privilege of looking at these classics. I just left my car and stood there admiring these beauties. Only then I realized what everyone meant when they said that these cars are way ahead of their time.
Wish you happy revving and many more miles in this beauty.
Old 28th December 2017, 20:58   #44
BHPian

FIAT Adventure 1.6 v/s new gen pseudo crossovers

Hello Everyone,

I know I've rekindled some of your associations and memories of the station wagon FIAT Adventure.

How do you see FIAT adventure (1.6) holds against new gen pseudo crossovers (ecosport, brezza etc...).

I'm not particular of mileage, as most of the new generation petrol engines of same capacity give more or less same mileage (say +/- 10%).
Though FIAT Adventure (1.6) lacked the airbags and abs (notsure), what is your opinion of going for a second hand FIAT adventure ?

BTW, I own a FIAT Palio 1.6 Sport (2006 model), which has run 1.05 lakh kms without giving much trouble and it is still going strong. Recently reached very high speeds on Tumukuru-Chitradurga stretch and 1.6 engine is a gem of its own.

Please post your thoughts.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th December 2017 at 21:36. Reason: Mention of speeding on public roads
mahadev_kc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 21:26   #45
BHPian

Re: FIAT Adventure 1.6 v/s new gen pseudo crossovers

For me the Station Wagons genre will always be a car that plays multiple roles like-
-As a People mover
-For all the family trips
-Luggage Hauler.

The concept of station wagons which has been fairly popular in the West never really caught on in India for reasons unknown (Tata Estate,Tata Indigo,Fiat Sienna station wagon variant etc)

Pseudo Crossovers (Wannabe SUVs) of today are a mix which neither perform well as a sedan/hatchback or a rugged SUV. They have space more than a hatchback/sedan but not as much as a SUV can. Similar logic goes for the occupants it can carry.

Coming to the Fiat Adventure, I've never driven one but from what I've read about it, I can surely say that it was more of a practical car/station wagon than any of these "Wannabe Crossovers" of today.

Cheers on your Palio 1.6. Don't let go off that beast no matter how old it gets. It's still the first Hot Hatch to have graced our roads with it's presence.
Happy Revving
Skyline_GT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks