Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 13:21   #46
BHPian

Re: VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Honestly the Polo 'feels' faster than the standard laura TSI but that has a lot to do with the weight being significantly lower. BUT when it comes to the Stage 2 VRS, aint nothing near it. Yet to do a scientific test to check both.
I'm damn sure about the stage 2 VRS - but for now - I am bit more closer to convince my wife for the TSi

Also, could you tell me about the cost of the steering - somehow im unable to get any view of this from other websites too!!!
Old 12th September 2013, 16:10   #47
BHPian

The steering wheel is plug and play but u will need a new airbag as ur old one wont work.
Contact Sugesh at www.vagtune.in for prices.
Old 12th September 2013, 17:37   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The steering wheel is plug and play but u will need a new airbag as ur old one wont work.
Contact Sugesh at www.vagtune.in for prices.
In my case however, the stock airbag worked just fine. I don't know if some connector on the wheel was changed though. For further details contact Pete's, kochi
Old 13th September 2013, 00:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post

In my case however, the stock airbag worked just fine. I don't know if some connector on the wheel was changed though. For further details contact Pete's, kochi
Yea.. its hit or miss.. I have the Rline wheel which didnt accpet the stock airbag. Robi has the gti wheel, with some connector changes which allowed him to reuse the stock airbag.

Peter should be able to tell you the exact difference. No one better than Pete's to decode the secrets of the VAG cars.

Last edited by prithwi-81 : 13th September 2013 at 00:56.
Old 13th September 2013, 02:18   #50
BHPian

Prithwi,

Real nice ride but, as you said, that ungainly wheel gap needs to be addressed.

Please post some 0-100 kph times, when you get the chance. Just curiosity, is all.

Cheers.
Old 13th September 2013, 07:41   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Prithwi,

Real nice ride but, as you said, that ungainly wheel gap needs to be addressed.

Please post some 0-100 kph times, when you get the chance. Just curiosity, is all.

Cheers.
Wheel gap will be addressed shortly. 0-100 on 97 is near 8.5-9s.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 15:02   #52
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Dead pedal is another annoyance, and am still working to source it. Cant find the part numbers in ETKA anywhere.
I was just looking around, are the serial number 14 and 16 the dead pedal parts for Polo.
http://www.partsbase.org/vw/polo-der...mat-fasteners/
sdh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 16:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post

I was just looking around, are the serial number 14 and 16 the dead pedal parts for Polo.
http://www.partsbase.org/vw/polo-der...mat-fasteners/
Yes they are indeed. Found them in etka a few days ago and placed the order. The car sorely needs it.
Old 18th September 2013, 16:50   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamson View Post
There is a slight problem with the Bluetooth however. Tried connecting 3 different phones and iPad but inspite of successful connection there is no music streaming through the car speakers. Any other TSI owners experienced similar issue?
Happened to me too, the day of the delivery I had the same problem, calls were okay, but even while playing music via the bluetooth, it was showing that it is playing, but there was no sound. They asked me to come back the next day, since it was late. I went the next day, without trying at home before leaving, reached the showroom, the guy came, connected his phone, and it worked, no problem, I don't know what was wrong, but it's fine now.

Last edited by sanojrawap : 18th September 2013 at 16:55.
Old 18th September 2013, 17:35   #55
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they are indeed. Found them in etka a few days ago and placed the order. The car sorely needs it.
Would be great if you can share the source from where you are ordering it. I also need one.
Old 18th September 2013, 22:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post

Happened to me too, the day of the delivery I had the same problem, calls were okay, but even while playing music via the bluetooth, it was showing that it is playing, but there was no sound. They asked me to come back the next day, since it was late. I went the next day, without trying at home before leaving, reached the showroom, the guy came, connected his phone, and it worked, no problem, I don't know what was wrong, but it's fine now.
IoS 7 has issues with the vw systems. No steering control to change the tracks. Just audio streaming. Even that has issues at times. Works well with my lumia tho. Even reads out txts and works with voice commands.
Old 29th September 2013, 01:02   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post
I found the issue with the bluetooth.. its Bluetooth 4.0 which messes with the system. Recently upgraded my lumia 720 to the Amber Update which includes bluetooth 4.0, an voila.. same issue as all iPhones with iOS7, no sound bluetooth streaming. Phone calls still work though. Audio controls also work for changing tracks, but no sound. It seems the pulse nature of bluetooth 4.0 is not very compatible with the VW Radio. Will try it with my buddies L&K and see if it works with the RCD510s. Otherwise time to go get the Kenwood DNX521DAB. Have a buddy coming from UK. will ask him to grab it.
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/vw/
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 09:56   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
iPhones with iOS7, no sound bluetooth streaming. Phone calls still work though. Audio controls also work for changing tracks, but no sound. It seems the pulse nature of bluetooth 4.0 is not very compatible with the VW Radio. Will try it with my buddies L&K and see if it works with the RCD510s.
Just to let you know, my rcd 510 with the BT module works with BT audio streaming from an ios 7 device. Even google map navigation is streamed through the system.
Old 30th September 2013, 11:57   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Just to let you know, my rcd 510 with the BT module works with BT audio streaming from an ios 7 device. Even google map navigation is streamed through the system.
Sweet. But honestly for that price of RCD510+bluetooth module++ I'd rather get the Kenwood DNX512 DAB unit. Looks much sleeker than the RCD510.

Updates- Hit 2000km on Friday.. Car is getting a lot smoother and engine note is getting nicer.
VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-wp_20130928_001.jpg

More of the cockpit view. Love the red lighting.
VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-wp_20130924_001.jpg

Went down to watch the Polo Cup and JK Racing series (F4) at BIC.
VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-wp_20130928_004.jpg
VW Polo GT TSI - Officially Unofficial Review and Initial Ownership Report-wp_20130928_003.jpg

DSG + 105 Hp is enough to keep other cars at bay. :-)

Last edited by GTO : 1st October 2013 at 18:12. Reason: Lets avoid quoting high speeds on the forum. Thanks
prithwi-81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 16:49   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Sweet. But honestly for that price of RCD510+bluetooth module++ I'd rather get the Kenwood DNX512 DAB unit. Looks much sleeker than the RCD510.

Have you checked if proper Indian Maps are available for the Kenwood, they use Garmin for navigation don't they?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks