Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2017, 16:59   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 7th-gen Toyota Camry Hybrid (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I do like the Camry but find it terribly boring as a car. I like that now it has 9 airbags, reclining seats, nanoe ac, etc. but its not as solid as the superb. ive never owned a german car but i really do like the superb but the skoda horror stories has kept me away till now.
I know how you feel, it's the same case with us!

May make sense getting the Camry for the chauffeur, and when you replace the CR-V or whichever car you drive yourself with a German in the near future.

At least that is how I am working on convincing myself.

Can't use the CR-V for office, and get the Superb/520D for when you drive?

Another issue with the Camry is that an all new one should be coming out soon given the car is nearly 5 years old.

Alternately - if you have a good driver, why not the last gen (now) E250d? Very comfortable, german, good deals going on, and quite reliable (haven't heard of many complaints compared to the Superbs).
Old 8th March 2017, 17:16   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I know how you feel, it's the same case with us!

Can't use the CR-V for office, and get the Superb/520D for when you drive?
I have just got a new driver and while he does seem good i dont want to jump the gun and give him a 5 or an E just yet.

It has to be either the Camry Hybrid, or maybe even the Corolla Hybrid if it comes out quickly, or CRV Diesel new gen (i hear its coming in a few months - i hope my source is right and then i could wait for a few months), or a Superb Diesel.

This CRV is a very very special car for me and im going to try to drive it myself as long as i can, and it should be with me for as long as it is alive and i maintain my cars very well, only hiccup could be parts in the future and norms to run them.

So while a German 520 d m sport or 530d m sport may be purchased soon if not now then in a few years but the CRV aint going anywhere. I just need to find a suitable replacement for the City right now or wait for something better.

Last edited by M00M : 8th March 2017 at 17:17.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 02:55   #108
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Toyota Camry Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
My journey to the Toyota Camry hybrid,

This is the first time I am writing a ownership review, please excuse the briefness in it. Will be happy to answer any queries that maybe posted.

Attaching a photo now but will update with more tomorrow.
Hi Prashanth

Do you still own the car? How has your long term experience been with it? I am very seriously considering this car for my parents who are 60+, the only glitch is it costs 44 Lakhs on-road in Mumbai! Trying desperately to look for used examples but there simply are none!

Appreciate if you could share your ownership experience.

Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 04:55   #109
BHPian

Yes I still have it. Love the space and comfort. It is a very nice cruiser . Averages 14 in Bangalore city traffic with 100% AC. Maintainence is about 10k for every service.. my car has about 40k on the odo and except for routine maintainence have not done anything extra.. till date.
s.prashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 19:29   #110
BHPian

Re: Review: 7th-gen Toyota Camry Hybrid (2013)

Hey guys, looking for a car for mum and Grandad to be driven around in, mostly in city, and was looking for the new Civic, a Corolla, or the upcoming City next year, and on a hunch decided to check out OLX, and seems there are some Camrys available for a decent price.

Here are a few links: will these be good to go for? Any issues I should know about?

1. https://www.olx.in/item/toyota-camry...iid-1525948201
2. https://www.olx.in/item/toyota-camry...iid-1518802820
Old 26th July 2019, 09:05   #111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Here are a few links: will these be good to go for? Any issues I should know about?
These will be exceptional cars for the intended purpose. Nothing quite like being chauffeured around in a Camry and its sofa of a backseat. They are also stupendously reliable with the same model happily doing over 200,000 miles / 320,000 km in the USA.

Go for it. If you get a car that's a little newer, take Toyota's 7-year extended warranty and you're all set. Zero risk.

Please also follow ALL the steps listed here, especially on getting a full pre-purchase inspection done from a Toyota dealer - link (ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India).
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 17:58   #112
BHPian

While the new camry Hybrid is almost double the price of the similar model in Australia, these cars are terrific. Happened to use and drive a 2012/2013 model Camry and here is what i have to say.

1) The car even after 60K on the ODO, looks fresh. The Toyota quality is visible.
2) The start/stop sequence is quick and extremely silent. You need to be aware that your car is on
3) Throttle response is extremely quick. And the transmission is well mated with the car and makes the drive and gear shifts very smooth. No wonder its the favorite for Uber and other taxi services in Australia. Seems to be commanding a ~8 months waiting period on new cars.
4) The car is very spacious. Found the seats wide and comfortable.
5) The fuel efficiency is superb. I guess the hybrid cars need more push than pure electric at this stage.

The dislikes:

1) The LCD/touch screen seemed very poor in quality and after market upgrades seemed impossible. This might have changed with later models but i am speaking specifically about the 2012/2013 model.
2) The sound system was average. Nothing great to talk about.
3) The front bumper had some overhang towards the ground and it kept scraping the road even on the small undulations - i found that really crazy while driving in the Australian roads.
Old 5th June 2020, 23:29   #113
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Did this particular model receive Navigation? Really curious about it, since it didn't have Android Auto /Apple Car Play.
Old 6th June 2020, 00:18   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Did this particular model receive Navigation? Really curious about it, since it didn't have Android Auto /Apple Car Play.
Yes it did post 2015 models have it
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 07:42   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Yes it did post 2015 models have it
Thanks. Do you have a link or something about the same ?

I wish to purchase a pre owned Camry, a june 2016 model, so really curious about it. Will like to know more about the navigation system. I earlier assumed it was offered only on the 2018 facelift.
Old 6th June 2020, 17:22   #116
BHPian

Quote:

I wish to purchase a pre owned Camry, a june 2016 model, so really curious about it. Will like to know more about the navigation system. I earlier assumed it was offered only on the 2018 facelift.
Just checked camry didn't get it post 2015 .

Sorry for the wrong information my 2015 Fortuner has it so I thought that Camry being the flagship model and also being launched almost 4 months after Fortuner would be having it.

But I think you can never take Toyota for granted for feature distribution across models.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 20:26   #117
BHPian

Quote:

Will like to know more about the navigation system. .
One thing I can tell you for sure is don't be very curious about it.
It's a feature which you might use one or twice in the lifetime of the car when you might be in an area where Gmaps is not working because the interface is so bad and cumbersome to use its not worth the efforts.

And also another issue is that the service centre guys might misplace the navigation sd card which if misplaced costs around 15K to replace and its the owner's responsibility to ensure the SD card is removed when the car is sent for servicing.
Old 7th June 2020, 06:42   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
One thing I can tell you for sure is don't be very curious about it.
It's a feature which you might use one or twice in the lifetime of the car when you might be in an area where Gmaps is not working because the interface is so bad and cumbersome to use its not worth the efforts.

And also another issue is that the service centre guys might misplace the navigation sd card which if misplaced costs around 15K to replace and its the owner's responsibility to ensure the SD card is removed when the car is sent for servicing.
Thanks for the input. Did you happen to own the car ? Would like to know the annual average maintenance costs.

Also if the touchscreen is so downright intolerable I can always go for the aftermarket fitment of the touchscreen.
Old 7th June 2020, 10:27   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input. Did you happen to own the car ? Would like to know the annual average maintenance costs.

Also if the touchscreen is so downright intolerable I can always go for the aftermarket fitment of the touchscreen.
No I have never owned a camry I was telling you based on my experience with my fortuner.
Old 23rd July 2020, 11:15   #120
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Yuvarajsinh Puvar for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I was in the market for a pre worshipped Camry hybrid when I found this ad of a Camry with FSH and a hybrid battery replaced at 90,000 kms. When asked about it, the owner replied that he changed it at a cost of Rs. 3.25 lakhs. He didn't ask Toyota why it would fail at such an early stage.
Quote:
Here is the ad link:
https://www.olx.in/item/camry-hybrid...iid-1569209258

Quote:
Since there is very little information about the battery life on Team-BHP, I thought this would help all the readers, prospective buyers and current owners of the Camry.
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed