Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2013, 19:53   #151
BHPian

Guys,
I have been offer a 2013 Laura Ambition MT(110bhp) in Bangalore at 16 lakhs including 0 dep insurance... if I bargain they might come down to 15.5.
Once the New Octavia is launched and if it's priced very attractively... what price do you think I can achieve on the laura?
Both vinayak cars and tafe say they have 10 cars in stock and they say it might not last for long.
Old 25th September 2013, 19:54   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Saw the New Octavia at Tafe Access today, .It does not have the wow factor, very understated .The touch screen music system is nice to use and has decent output. .The last Panaromic sunroof is simply superb. .Cooled glove box, CD insertion in the glove box and it has a media port. .Door thud is missing, feels very light compared to the older car. .Dealer says expected on road price of 25, as the Laura high end dsg costed 24. Waiting for the prices...
Did you ask any one about the colour options that its going to be launched with?
Old 25th September 2013, 20:14   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilvgupta View Post

Totally agree with your experience with the Baleno, have the same experience myself but at the same time I can assure you that scraping of the underbody is not a simple function of just the GC but is also dependent on the suspension (springs, struts, dampers etc). The suspension setup has a substantial impact on underbody scrapping. So we need to check the actual car itself and not arrive at a conclusion based on simply the GC specs.

I know this as I have personally tried out various specs of struts/dampers on the same car and tested it on the same speed breaker and the results showed substantial change across all loading patterns/approach speeds.

peace,
~kg
Yup i've read about the same but would the suspension set up make such a heaven and hell difference between two cars having same gc?? Am no car geek but the experience I had with my baleno was so bad that am struggling to sell an immaculately maintained car.
Old 25th September 2013, 21:27   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, I have been offer a 2013 Laura Ambition MT(110bhp) in Bangalore at 16 lakhs including 0 dep insurance... if I bargain they might come down to 15.5. Once the New Octavia is launched and if it's priced very attractively... what price do you think I can achieve on the laura? Both vinayak cars and tafe say they have 10 cars in stock and they say it might not last for long.
Are you sure it's the 2013 model? I thought they stopped the TDI MT by end of 2012, and the 2013 production was only ATs (for both petrol and diesel). They also had some substantial updates to the 2013 models (e.g.; Ambition variant with 16" alloys, touchscreen audio with Bluetooth etc.).

Anyway, I would say wait for the Octavia pricing and see how the Ambition variant is priced. Feature wise it's closer (or better) than the current Elegance trim of Laura.
Old 25th September 2013, 21:34   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
I have been offer a 2013 Laura Ambition MT(110bhp) in Bangalore at 16 lakhs including 0 dep insurance... if I bargain they might come down to 15.5.
Once the New Octavia is launched and if it's priced very attractively... what price do you think I can achieve on the laura?
Both vinayak cars and tafe say they have 10 cars in stock and they say it might not last for long.
Check if the stock is actually 2013. When I bought my car they were offering 2lacs discount on the diesel MT variant. So the number you quoted sounds right. Not sure if the new Octy will be priced that attractively OTR especially the diesel variant.
Old 25th September 2013, 21:37   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I have been offer a 2013 Laura Ambition MT(110bhp) in Bangalore at 16 lakhs including 0 dep insurance... if I bargain they might come down to 15.5. Once the New Octavia is launched and if it's priced very attractively... what price do you think I can achieve on the laura? Both vinayak cars and tafe say they have 10 cars in stock and they say it might not last for long.
I think you should wait for the Octavia too. 2.0 L diesel is gonna be more powerful and better loaded with features. If that crosses your budget, surely go for the Laura, but pls go in for the Ambition DSG! You'll get an awesome engine-gearbox, touch screen audio, bluetooth, steering controls, all of which are missing in the Manual version. Pretty sure you will be able to squeeze a great deal close to 16 lacs on road for the Ambition DSG Laura.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 25th September 2013 at 21:38.
Old 25th September 2013, 21:39   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.surgeon1985 View Post
155 mm ground clearence is outrageous. We are living in india arent we !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The Octy will have stiff suspension, it won't scrape. My 3 with a GC of 140 odd MM has never scraped.
We did notice the 155 mm GC, and we did try to prove that it's not enough for Indian roads, especially when travelling on poor mountain roads. And this is what we concluded...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
One more surprise element. At 155 mm, I thought the ground clearance would be a handicap on the roads we were driving on. Thanks to a stiff suspension, neither Ardy nor I managed to get the underbody to take a hit anywhere (not that we tried THAT hard! ). All versions get 'Underbody Protective Cover' and 'Rough Road Package' as standard...
This was with 3 persons on board and light luggage in the boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
I really wish they give these alloys on the top end trims. They look pretty mean with the black colour car. Sizewise I think these look like 17 inches.
Take a look at this:

Similar 5-spoke alloys are on offer on the base version (Active) - but I did mention that I preferred these to the 10-spoke alloys...
Quote:
It's actually to Skoda that a different design of alloy wheels is being offered to distinguish the base (Active) variant from the Ambition and Elegance variants - the 5-spoke alloys are not exactly cheaper, I am sure, nor are they smaller. This is contrary to other OEMs' behaviour, where the base version sports steel wheels (and smaller tyres) while top end gets alloys.

Now judge for yourself which wheel you'd prefer - me, I like the 5-spokes!
Why?
Because they're easier to clean, Ardy! And I like to clean my cars with the least effort!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix View Post
I see a electronic differential lock in the feature list. How does that work, since I think this is only going to be a 2 wheel drive sedan?
Don't worry, this isn't what you think it is! Here's a neat little explanation from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Traction control systems are also used in many modern vehicles either in addition or as a replacement of locking differentials. One example is that offered by Volkswagen under the name of electronic differential lock (EDL). This EDL is not in fact a differential lock, but operates at each wheel. Sensors monitor wheel speeds, and if one is rotating more than 100 RPM more than the other (i.e. slipping) the EDL system momentarily brakes it. This effectively transfers all the power to the other wheel, but still employs the open differential, which is the same as on cars without the EDL option. Electronic traction control systems may be integrated with anti-lock braking systems, which have a similar action on braking and use some similar components.
Just VAG-Skoda's way of creating new terminology.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 25th September 2013 at 21:55.
Old 25th September 2013, 22:10   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I think you should wait for the Octavia too. 2.0 L diesel is gonna be more powerful and better loaded with features. If that crosses your budget, surely go for the Laura, but pls go in for the Ambition DSG! You'll get an awesome engine-gearbox, touch screen audio, bluetooth, steering controls, all of which are missing in the Manual version. Pretty sure you will be able to squeeze a great deal close to 16 lacs on road for the Ambition DSG Laura.
Hi
They clearly said its a 2013 Manufacture vehicle, on road price is 18.3 and it's 16 after discount, however dsg discount is only one lakh and it's 19.3 after discount, so there is a gap of 3 lakhs plus between the two
Old 25th September 2013, 22:14   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi They clearly said its a 2013 Manufacture vehicle, on road price is 18.3 and it's 16 after discount, however dsg discount is only one lakh and it's 19.3 after discount, so there is a gap of 3 lakhs plus between the two
Thats a huge gap! I got mine for 16.5 on road 2 years back. Wait for the Octavia!

MODS! Pls pls pls come out with your official review everybody wants the final verdict!

Last edited by aah78 : 25th September 2013 at 23:47. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 25th September 2013, 22:18   #160
BHPian

Quote:

Hi
They clearly said its a 2013 Manufacture vehicle, on road price is 18.3 and it's 16 after discount, however dsg discount is only one lakh and it's 19.3 after discount, so there is a gap of 3 lakhs plus between the two
Hi I got a similar discount on the dsg. Was extremely tempted after driving the vehicle but wanted to wait for the octy. In Retrospect I dont think its a bad option at all if a hard bargain would fetch you a few add ons. I was quoted 18.5 lacs for the dsg otr. I felt I could bring it down to 17.5 after the octy was launched if I opted for the former.
Old 25th September 2013, 22:54   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.surgeon1985 View Post

Hi I got a similar discount on the dsg. Was extremely tempted after driving the vehicle but wanted to wait for the octy. In Retrospect I dont think its a bad option at all if a hard bargain would fetch you a few add ons. I was quoted 18.5 lacs for the dsg otr. I felt I could bring it down to 17.5 after the octy was launched if I opted for the former.
In Bangalore ? Which dealer?
Old 25th September 2013, 23:20   #162
BHPian

Quote:

In Bangalore ? Which dealer?
Was in chennai. Gurudev motors mount road.
Old 25th September 2013, 23:47   #163
BHPian

Quote:

Take a look at this:

Similar 5-spoke alloys are on offer on the base version (Active) - but I did mention that I preferred these to the 10-spoke alloys...
+1 to that. I too prefer the clean look of the 5 spoke alloys. Though the alloys that one gets on the vRS version sold abroad are something else.

I feel the dealers maybe quoting high prices for the Octavia just to push existing stocks of the Laura. Good as it may be at 24 lacs OTR people would rather buy the Superb or the entry level Mercedes BMW and Audi.
Old 26th September 2013, 09:38   #164

Spotted the new Octavia at Autobahn Worli, Mumbai. The car looks awesome. The pics may not do complete justice. Grabbed a few shots hurriedly on my way to work.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-image3015687643.jpg  

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-image1009701904.jpg  

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-image2024611279.jpg  

vsundep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 11:05   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsundep View Post
Spotted the new Octavia at Autobahn Worli, Mumbai. The car looks awesome. The pics may not do complete justice. Grabbed a few shots hurriedly on my way to work.
They might start test drives soon! Was there a petrol version too? I see two cars white and silver.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks