Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:31   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

No online streaming of the Launch Event? Oh c'mon SKODA!
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:36   #227
BHPian

Try dialing Skoda's contact number for mumbai dealers listed on their website - 9833198331. Choose option 1 for sales and 4 for Breach Candy dealer. It forwards the call to a number that does not exist.

This is the kind of attention to detail and quality of service one can expect from Skoda.

I will highlight in a different thread my experience in buying a pre-owned VW Passat from Autobahn Skoda since they now have VW dealership as well in Mumbai.

Customer Service is not in Skoda's DNA and probably never will be. Visit a temple/church/mosque after buying a Skoda and hope and pray nothing other than regular service is needed for the car.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:02   #228
Senior - BHPian

Well said mate. You definitely need divine intervention to run your Skoda over the years of ownership. My friend has waited over a month to replace his bumper for the Fabia after a minor accident. Unbelievable. Skoda did not even call him back on the arrival of spares. He used to call them every week to check if the bumper had arrived. Read on one of the threads about Skoda India's audit on all ASS. They found over a 1000 cars which have spent greater than a month and less than 3 months in their garages.
Thanks to the Team BHP threads on terrible after sales of Skoda,disputes with them on spurious parts,I haven't waited for the new Octavia. Instead I bought myself the fully loaded Elantra recently.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:05   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
It's almost 5 minutes since the count down timer hit "zero". The missile hasn't taken off as yet

Attachment 1147315
Skoda Octavia Variants in detail in below link

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/octavia/Features
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:14   #230
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : Team-BHP's Official Skoda Octavia Review has been taken live at this link.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th October 2013 at 18:07. Reason: Removed the line about incorrect pricing since khan_sultan has deleted the recent posts containing the wrong figures.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:35   #231
BHPian

Poor Pricing.
1.4TSI for 13.95 is way too high, at least 10% more than what I expected. With these prices Hyundai and Toyota will be the leaders and Skoda/VW laggards. I think the prices defies their positioning of Value Luxury and no one is ready to pay 10% more than a Hyundai.

cheers
Old 7th October 2013, 15:05   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

A quick message to folks who followed this thread:

This thread has had over 63,000 views till now, got a 5-star rating, and stretched on to 16 pages - I'd like to thank you all for that.

However, once the official review thread of the Octavia was put up, this thread had outlived its utility; running 2 similar threads in different sub-forums dilutes meaningful discussions concerning the vehicle in the future. There's no additional information that I, or any of the other Unofficial Experts, can write on this thread, that we can't share on the official thread too. With everything in one place, it's easier to track future developments.

I have therefore asked to close this thread myself - the decision was purely mine, and not that of any moderator. Discussions about the Octavia can now carry on here.
SS-Traveller is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks