Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:46   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
The 1.4 TSI Active is starting from 12.4. and 1.8 TSI at 16.25. If true, it is pretty good pricing
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
The prices seem too good to be true. Current Ambition TSI DSG is 16 lacs ex showroom. How can we imagine the top of the line TSI DSG Octavia to be just 25000 dearer? Lets wait and watch what Skoda has planned, but surely it will be in this range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Price for the base petrol version is estimated to start at Rs 15 lakh.
Pricing seems to be spot on. I don't think the current Laura pricing will have any bearing on the pricing of the Octavia given that they have stopped production and the car will be available only till stocks last (one can expect a heavy discount). Plus if they intend to succeed they will have to stay in this price band which rushlane has shown.

The 1.8TSI seems pretty mouthwatering given that it will come with all the bells and whistles. My only grouse with Skoda is that they aren't going I launch all the features of the European version like the large touchscreen, navigation, different driving modes etc. All these features at this pricing would have been really tough to beat.

Having seen the Octavia in person alongside the Jetta it almost seems like a no contest.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:18   #122
BHPian

Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

Can anybody confirm if the Undercarriage Protection package is out from this car. I can't see it in the features pics.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:22   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun_crsce View Post
Can anybody confirm if the Undercarriage Protection package is out from this car. I can't see it in the features pics.
Undrecarriage protection is always been a part of the rough road package, and surely it should be a part of the car.
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:08   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun_crsce View Post
Arjun, the car comes with the rough road package. We had a peek at both the front and the rear protection.

Cheers,
Ardy
Ardy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 09:48   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Arjun, the car comes with the rough road package. We had a peek at both the front and the rear protection. Cheers, Ardy
I recently had a bad accident in the Laura and a huge rock damaged my car from underneath. I can't imagine if it didnt have the rough road package, what state would my car be in.
Old 24th September 2013, 16:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia launch on 3rd Oct

Skoda Octavia to be launched on 3rd October with a starting price of 15 lakhs.

1.4 Ltr, 1.8 tsi and 2.0 Ltr diesel.

Mods please open the closed thread of Octavia and merge this with it.
Old 24th September 2013, 17:32   #127
BHPian

I see a electronic differential lock in the feature list. How does that work, since I think this is only going to be a 2 wheel drive sedan?
Old 24th September 2013, 17:57   #128
BHPian

In UK Skoda has priced Octavia at 10% less than Jetta. I think strategy should be the same if they want to sell there cars in India.

In India Jetta Trendline 1.4TSI ex-showroom price is 13.6 lakhs. Going by UK pricing model, prices should start around 12.3 lakhs( a killer price)

Dont know who was on the TV, but some senior guy of Skoda mentioned that they want to be in Value luxury segment.

Hyundai Elantra base is 12.71, they might decide to start around 13 lakhs. No one will pay 15 lakhs for 1.4TSi, if you can get the same one for 13.6

cheers
Old 24th September 2013, 18:01   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_gaur69 View Post
In UK Skoda has priced Octavia at 10% less than Jetta. I think strategy should be the same if they want to sell there cars in India. In India Jetta Trendline 1.4TSI ex-showroom price is 13.6 lakhs. Going by UK pricing model, prices should start around 12.3 lakhs( a killer price) Dont know who was on the TV, but some senior guy of Skoda mentioned that they want to be in Value luxury segment. Hyundai Elantra base is 12.71, they might decide to start around 13 lakhs. No one will pay 15 lakhs for 1.4TSi, if you can get the same one for 13.6 cheers
14 lacs should be good as the trim levels in Skoda are far better than Jetta and power is up by 20 ps.
Old 24th September 2013, 19:50   #130
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Kumar Gaurav drops the following email:

Quote:
I have uncovered some hidden URLs on Skoda India site pertaining to the new Octavia. Please take a look.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/Octavia/Features
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/O...-Specification
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/Octavia/gallery

Also if you notice, in the gallery the new colors - Rio Red, Race Blue and Metal Grey are missing. Could this mean that they are not launching these colours?
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 20:41   #131
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Also if you notice, in the gallery the new colors - Rio Red, Race Blue and Metal Grey are missing. Could this mean that they are not launching these colours?
I remember reading this somewhere that these colours will only be available a few months down the line & not at launch!
Old 24th September 2013, 23:13   #132
Senior - BHPian

When is TBHP's official review going to be up? Any word on that please, mods??
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 00:01   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix View Post
I see a electronic differential lock in the feature list. How does that work, since I think this is only going to be a 2 wheel drive sedan?
The electronic differential lock allows smooth, comfortable starts on slippery or loose road surfaces. If one wheel starts to spin, the electronic differential lock will brake the wheel as necessary, directing power to the wheel with greater traction. The electronic differential lock reduces tyre wear and is active up to a speed of about 40 kmph.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 09:53   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
When is TBHP's official review going to be up? Any word on that please, mods??
I asked the same question a week back but was told it is under preparation but no word on when it will be up. wonder why it is taking so long.

also the unveiling thread has been closed almost 10 days back
Old 25th September 2013, 10:18   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post

I asked the same question a week back but was told it is under preparation but no word on when it will be up. wonder why it is taking so long.

also the unveiling thread has been closed almost 10 days back
Ha ha. I thought I was the only sesperate soul over here. I keep searching for the thread almost every hour
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks