Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 12:43   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Also if tyre cuts and cracks are a fear then I would advise you to avoid Yokos and Michelins altogether and just stick to Conti or BS.
Thanks for your suggestion. I might actually go for BS MY-02. Waiting to hear from my local tyre dealer on this.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 12:43   #62
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, no tyre company has a policy of replacing a tyre for a new one which as a sidewall crack, no matter how new or old they may be - I may be wrong though! Matter of fact, I think tyres are not covered under warranty at all. As soon as you roll out the car from the showroom you're at the road's mercy on taking care of those brand new tyres.

The Wanderer's are the only line of tyres from MRF that I've never heard any complain about.

On another note, the mileage you're getting on your Ecosport for 100% city use with 100% A/C use is pretty good.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 16:42   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
AFAIK, no tyre company has a policy of replacing a tyre for a new one which as a sidewall crack, no matter how new or old they may be - I may be wrong though! Matter of fact, I think tyres are not covered under warranty at all. As soon as you roll out the car from the showroom you're at the road's mercy on taking care of those brand new tyres.
This was my understanding as well. But if I remember correctly at least two TeamBH P-ians with Aria got their tyres replaced under warranty for side wall damage. Tyres also have warranty cover for manufacturing defects, I suppose.
Old 12th October 2013, 12:15   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the car mats for the car. Paid 2.4k including labor.

2 mats for the front seats
2 mats for the rear seats and center portion
Boot mat
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20131012_114731.jpg  

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20131012_114749.jpg  

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20131012_114942.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 18:28   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

First Service Report:

Odo reading - 2283kms
Average Mileage - 14kmpl
Usage - 100% AC in city
Problems - Small rattle (front passenger door - Vibration in the speaker when the bass is high)
Total Cost - Nil

Summary:
Decided to try Kairali Ford's service station at Vennala. Didnt like the attitude and their service at their Palarivattom service station (regarding the blown tyre and Engine Malfunction incident). Reached the service station at 10.30am. The SA, one Mr Stalin was in charge of my car. Asked my general opinion of the Ecosport and whether I was satisfied with the product. Asked me if I had any complaints with the car to which I replied on the small rattle coming from the speakers. Noted everything and he said he would drop me. I rejected his offer as I had to visit a shop nearby. Expected time of delivery was around 2pm. When I reached back, the car was in the final stages. He then invited me to the service bay and asked me to check the car for any rattles and the general work after the wash. He then asked me whether I was satisfied so that he could do the QC. After sometime the car was ready. Again, he asked me to check the car fully. After giving a thumbs up, he gave me the bill and was ready to leave.

I should say, I had a very good experience at the service station. Even though it's the same dealer, the attitude at both the places are so different. Kairali Ford, Vennala will be my service station from now on.

Odo after reaching home:
Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20131101_180023.jpg

Service Bill:
Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20131101_180238.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 16:25   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Load Test:

Scene 1:

6 adults including me. Drove for around 10 kms. Absolutely no chance for 4 adults in the back but 3 sat perfectly fine.

Scene 2:
4 adults+ 2 international size suitcases, 3 medium size suitcases, 3 handbags and 1 laptop bag. Drove for 30 kms. The drive did feel heavy with little bit of downshifts. MID showed 17kmpl in 80% city conditions. Was able to fit 2 international size suitcases and 2 medium size suitcases in the boot. Rest of the luggages were in the split seat (small seat)
Old 3rd November 2013, 21:44   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Load Test:

[17kmpl in 80% city conditions.
If you have done long drives, please inform the high speed manners & FE on those trips. What about the refinements levels & cabin noise of your Mini SUV as compared to diesel sedans like new Fiesta, Verna Fludic & Vento. More or less they are comparable cost-wise.

Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 10:41   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
If you have done long drives, please inform the high speed manners & FE on those trips. What about the refinements levels & cabin noise of your Mini SUV as compared to diesel sedans like new Fiesta, Verna Fludic & Vento. More or less they are comparable cost-wise.

Thanks
I did a short 120km drive through a ghat section. It does stay planted in high speeds. The max I touched was 110km/hr. The cabin insulation is excellent. The sedans wont stand a chance. The max mileage I got for this drive through the ghat section (around 350kms to and fro ) was around 16kmpl.
Old 17th November 2013, 18:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the car mats for the car. Paid 2.4k including labor.
Are those mats a Ford accessory? What that labour charges are exactly for and are they custom made.

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th November 2013 at 18:46.
Old 17th November 2013, 18:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Are those mats a Ford accessory? What that labour charges are exactly for?
I guess he paid labour for cutting them according to his car floor size,as far as I know, it's not a ford accessory.
Old 17th November 2013, 19:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I guess he paid labour for cutting them according to his car floor size,as far as I know, it's not a ford accessory.
I asked because it resembled the floor mat which comes as a Ford accessory.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-mat.jpeg  

Old 17th November 2013, 19:15   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked because it resembled the floor mat which comes as a Ford accessory.
I guess the one he has used is the one, which is in trend now a days, grass mats or whatever you call it
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 07:53   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are those mats a Ford accessory? What that labour charges are exactly for and are they custom made.
As sameer pointed out, these are not Ford mats. Got it from a carpet shop and cut it as per the Ford mats which was already there in the car. Labor was the cutting charges.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 08:18   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Small DIY update:

Having many cubby holes meant I could use the space well for many knick knacks. But this caused a problem, there were minor rattles when I placed coins, keys etc. Started searching the net and came across some protective pads. It looked good but was close to 800-900 bucks for 16 pieces.

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-t2ec16vhjfofh4ig8jkbslvvzy2bg60_3.jpg

Few commented that some pieces wont fit perfectly so I decided to try other options. Came across my friends DIY and decided to try to it.

Things used:
1) Mouse pad (rubber material)
2) Paper - To cut the template
3) Scissors
4) Divider - To take the measurement

The divider was used to get the measurement of the storage compartments. The exact copy was replicated on a paper and was cut. This formed the template and was placed on the mouse pad and cut.

Here are the pieces

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20131225_103236.jpg

Before:
Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20131226_073904.jpg

After:
Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20131226_074308.jpg

Not a factory finish but does the job well.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 11:12   #75
BHPian

Quote:
As sameer pointed out, these are not Ford mats. Got it from a carpet shop and cut it as per the Ford mats which was already there in the car. Labor was the cutting charges.
@Naveen, from which carpet shop did you get that done. Looks nice. I d like to get it done on my Ritz too .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks