Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2014, 20:02   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
i see in the service bill a part being replaced under warranty can u share what part it is my ES is due for 10k service any particular thing i should keep in mind ?
The chargeable items were only the oil, oil filter and the gasket for the drain plug in the bill. What was the part you were referring to?
Old 30th May 2014, 16:48   #107
BHPian

Is there a bulb out alarm notification feature in the driver console in the Ecosport?
Old 31st May 2014, 19:35   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Is there a bulb out alarm notification feature in the driver console in the Ecosport?
Not sure on that. Will check it.
Old 1st June 2014, 10:39   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

This is what I observed today. The mirror part on the right ORVM is coming off. It seems it's stuck onto the plastic frame. I could see some sticky material behind this. The left mirror is intact. I had noticed that the mirror itself sticks out from the set during the TD. Guess I will have to stick it and hope it doesn't fall off.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140601_095645.jpg  

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140601_095728.jpg  

Old 28th June 2014, 17:32   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

12,000 kms update:

Had a chance to take the car off road (not the usual 4x4 territory) and over really bad stretch of road. It did pretty well and car was able to keep up. Recent suspension checkup proved to be helpful.
Mileage stands at 13-14 in the city while the occasional long distance drives gave 18kmpl (Alleppey).

Took the car to 3M for a deserved wash which was pending for a month. Car is now back to its original glory.

Before:

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140616_171815.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140616_171825.jpg

Thank You 3M. Well, that's from my car

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140628_124040.jpg

After:

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140628_125500.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140628_125515.jpg

Next Update - LED bulbs!
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 09:04   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Just bought a car DVR. Paid 1500 for it. Respectable quality and loaded with features (auto on/off, motion detection, night vision, inbuilt chargeable battery, 270 degree rotating screen etc). Video quality is pretty reasonable considering the price. Waiting for the SD card to arrive. Shall post some videos over the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140724_170309.jpg  

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140724_170522.jpg  

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140724_173210.jpg  

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140725_075801.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 10:18   #112
BHPian

From where did you buy it?
Old 25th July 2014, 10:37   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
From where did you buy it?
Got it from ebay. Will update the thread with videos as I had to buy the SD card separately.
Old 25th July 2014, 11:37   #114
Team-BHP Support

The battery reads BL-5C? Looks like the Nokia's BL-5C may work as a replacement if this one conks out. Man, these Chinese folks are a different breed!
Old 25th July 2014, 12:00   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is what I observed today. The mirror part on the right ORVM is coming off. It seems it's stuck onto the plastic frame. I could see some sticky material behind this. The left mirror is intact. I had noticed that the mirror itself sticks out from the set during the TD. Guess I will have to stick it and hope it doesn't fall off.

I think the image is normal. It depends on how much you've adjusted the ORVM with the control knob inside. Even mine looks like what you've posted after my car cleaner cleans the car. I adjust it back to the original position before driving.

The one on your left might be looking normal because of the same reason, as you'd adjusted it to suit your needed view.
Old 25th July 2014, 14:20   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The battery reads BL-5C? Looks like the Nokia's BL-5C may work as a replacement if this one conks out. Man, these Chinese folks are a different breed!
Yes, it's the same old battery found in Nokia phones. One reason which inched me closer to this product. No need to plug in each time. Just charge the battery and we can use it. Moreover, have couple of spare batteries from old nokia phones lying here. True, these guys have some tricks up their sleeves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I think the image is normal. It depends on how much you've adjusted the ORVM with the control knob inside. Even mine looks like what you've posted after my car cleaner cleans the car. I adjust it back to the original position before driving.

The one on your left might be looking normal because of the same reason, as you'd adjusted it to suit your needed view.
I think you didnt get my point. Yes, the mirror is a bit out when compared to other cars but kindly look closer at the highlighted part. The glass portion itself is coming off the mirror assembly. Anyways, I think I will have to stick it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-20140601_095728.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 14:53   #117
Senior - BHPian

@naveen.raju: got your point now, after seeing the area circled. Perhaps Ford A.S.S. can fix it.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 15:53   #118
BHPian

Hi Naveen.Raju, thank you for such a well documented ownership thread on EcoSport. I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm a fellow EcoSport owner and about to install a dash cam too (An A118 purchased off eBay, self-install).

By the looks of it, you seem to have purchased a model H198A or DVR027. You can head over to this forum if you have any how-to or usability queries on your cam.

I'm currently struggling with the fact that the 12V lighter socket in EcoSport is always turned on even after I switch off the engine. Most dash cams depend on the power on-off ability of the 12V socket with ignition to function smoothly. How are you coping with this issue? Someone on the dash cam forum has suggested to try the passenger side 12V socket but I haven't tried that option yet.
outofthebox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 16:32   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Hi Naveen.Raju, thank you for such a well documented ownership thread on EcoSport. I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm a fellow EcoSport owner and about to install a dash cam too (An A118 purchased off eBay, self-install).

By the looks of it, you seem to have purchased a model H198A or DVR027. You can head over to this forum if you have any how-to or usability queries on your cam.

I'm currently struggling with the fact that the 12V lighter socket in EcoSport is always turned on even after I switch off the engine. Most dash cams depend on the power on-off ability of the 12V socket with ignition to function smoothly. How are you coping with this issue? Someone on the dash cam forum has suggested to try the passenger side 12V socket but I haven't tried that option yet.
Thanks Mate. I have absolutely no idea on the model. All these cheap dash cams look the same. I bought this for it's price, features and mainly because it's got a chargeable battery which is the same thing found in Nokia phones.

As for the usage, I just installed it today morning with no memory card. I just received the memory card (Sony 16GB Class 10 SD Card) so will fully test it tomorrow (shall upload the videos as well). Presently, I just turn it off/on manually. As you said, the socket is always on so didn't want to keep it plugged in. But the passenger socket is in the rear and don't want to run the wires that long and I think even the passenger socket works the same way. I'm planning to conceal the wires that run from the socket but will try to use on battery as much as I can. Need to find out how long it takes to charge the battery. Tried charging it for couple of hours but only 50% was charged. Need to find out the charging time tonight. Shall update the thread with my findings and videos tomorrow. Do keep me posted on your dashcam.
Old 26th July 2014, 13:12   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the video. Acceptable quality. Cant ask more for a 1.5k product. Approx 7 hours of video recording possible.

naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks