Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2013, 15:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Honda Amaze 1.5L i-DTEC SMT: 1,500 KM report

Congrats on the new car and wish you clock miles of smiles on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaze_pune View Post
  • Overall mileage I got was in the range of 17-18 kmpl, on state highways and with AC on almost all the time. Definitely way lower than the promised 25.8 kmpl, but the dealer has promised that it will improve after the 3rd free service. ..
FE depends on a lot of factors like speed at which you were driving, gear in which you were driving, gear shift pattern, load in the car, tyre pressure, A/C usage, way of acceleration, braking style and even the fuel quality.

If you could provide some data for all these parameters, we could try nailing the problem.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st November 2013 at 15:48.
Old 12th November 2013, 16:25   #17

Hi SwiftnFurious,

dont know if I can provide specific data types on gear usage, speed patterns. But, I believe that I am a normal and experienced driver. which means that I dont overspeed and dont try to raise the car to get pickup on city roads. AC is mostly ON, I regularly check air pressure and keep it as per standards and believe in proactive braking unlike last minute hard braking that some tend to do.

Happy to report that the highway mileage has increased now and I am consistenly getting 20-22 kmpl on highways. On one 50 odd km stretch on expressway, displayed mileage on dashboard even touched 23.5 and usually actual mileage is slightly higher than displayed.

City mileage has improved marginally to about 18. Hoping it to improve further. Compared to previous petrol car, fuel expenses have surely gone down a lot On the other hand, the lure of the new car driving means that I am now making new trips every weekend...But I am not complaining...
Old 12th November 2013, 17:36   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....Happy to report that the highway mileage has increased now and I am consistenly getting 20-22 kmpl on highways. On one 50 odd km stretch on expressway, displayed mileage on dashboard even touched 23.5 and usually actual mileage is slightly higher than displayed.
Seems it's getting better for you.

Quote:
...Compared to previous petrol car, fuel expenses have surely gone down a lot On the other hand, the lure of the new car driving means that I am now making new trips every weekend...But I am not complaining...
Usually people do have some problem transitioning from petrol to diesel. You will get a hang of the vehicle in some more kilometres and I believe mileage also will improve with a better driving style suitable for the diesel.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 17:27   #19
BHPian

Congratulations amaze_pune - the Urban Titanium colour looks really great. I just started looking for a replacement for my almost 10 year old Wagon R and am enchanted with the Amaze. I TD'd both the petrol and the diesel variants. I had been tempted with the diesel SMT but the noise levels were too much (I think in the same league as a Indica). My wife who TD'd both gave her thumbs down to the diesel and in a way I think she is right. Though the heart says diesel, the mind says Petrol so mostly will be booking the Paprika Red petrol variant this weekend as I found it very refined and much more easier to drive. The good thing is that all variants are available for immediate delivery!

PS: I too have been a avid reader for 5 years and will soon start sharing my experiences!
Old 29th November 2013, 19:15   #20
BHPian

How has your highway experience been so far, had tried out the Amaze but its highway character was lacking in terms of engine and chassis. Lets chalk it up to the early build and bugs was what I had thought.

Would love to know if Honda has improved on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks