Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2013, 12:33   #16
BHPian

re: Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Probably going to book today. Dark grey dzire zdi with the same number and accessories to make it feel like the same car as before. That car was real lucky for us.
Thank god your father is safe.
The Airbag and the build of Dzire save your father.
The Dzire is really a lucky car for you.

This accident was reported here by "sanjz"

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-pics-960.html

Wish your dad a speedy recovery.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 12:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Rockporiom, i wish your father a speedy recovery.

You mentioned the other car occupants did not survive. What was the other car? Can you tell how this accident happened if its OK with you?
The car coming from the other side was an accent travelling at around 150 km/h. The driver of the other car saw a pig and swerved to avoid it. In this process he hit the pig, then the divider and came on the wrong side and hit my dad's car at around 120 km/h. My dad was travelling at 70 km/h. The driver and his mother died on the spot and the father seems to have succumbed in the hospital since no one has claimed the accent. The clutch pedal went into my dad's ankle causing an open wound fracture.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled-img_2013110857382.jpg  

Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled-img_2013110844988.jpg  

Last edited by rockporiom : 8th November 2013 at 12:45.
Old 8th November 2013, 12:46   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh. That is a very bad collision. Also nice to see that the car took the impact well and protected your father. Goes on to show how important are seat belts and airbags..

At those speeds your father would not have had any reaction times since the combined speed of your and accent was around 200 kmph
Old 8th November 2013, 13:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi @rockporiom

I had read about the accident in other thread, & was actually fearing for your father as reported there. This is very good that he is safe, & I wish his ankle is alright after some time & treatment.

The top end DZire served its purpose well with the airbags protecting your father from any more injuries. However, the clutch pedal should not rebound into the passenger compartment... that's a design flaw on the safety aspect.

I would suggest wait for some more time (maybe a couple of months) before you plan another car. Doesn't seems logical buying a car immediately after an accident... just my thoughts. But, if want another car badly... best of luck with the choice you have made.
Old 8th November 2013, 14:59   #20
BHPian

Re: Let's Dzire again, but this time ZDi. My Maruti Dzire. EDIT: Totalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi @rockporiom

I had read about the accident in other thread, & was actually fearing for your father as reported there. This is very good that he is safe, & I wish his ankle is alright after some time & treatment.

The top end DZire served its purpose well with the airbags protecting your father from any more injuries. However, the clutch pedal should not rebound into the passenger compartment... that's a design flaw on the safety aspect.

I would suggest wait for some more time (maybe a couple of months) before you plan another car. Doesn't seems logical buying a car immediately after an accident... just my thoughts. But, if want another car badly... best of luck with the choice you have made.
I thought about the same but we need a diesel car urgently because kizashi gives very high average.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 18:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the accident. I wish for your father speedy recovery and may he be back to driving the car as well, sooner than you know.

Quote:
I thought about the same but we need a diesel car urgently because kizashi gives very high average.
The accident certainly show how much important role both active & passive safety equipment plays.

As you are looking out to buy a new diesel car immediately, I would suggest that you look for cars from manufacturers like Volkswagen, Skoda and Ford. Reason for suggesting them, is that their car are more robust built(sheet metal gauge, crumple zones) and safer in comparison to Maruti, Honda & Hyundai. Just my opinion.

VW Polo GT TDi would fit the bill, given its more safer and GT tag means you can also some fun with it. Secondly boot space of 280 lt is just 35 lt short of Swift Dzire which shouldn't make much difference.

Just my 2p.
Old 8th November 2013, 18:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Sorry to hear about the accident. I wish for your father speedy recovery and may he be back to driving the car as well, sooner than you know.

The accident certainly show how much important role both active & passive safety equipment plays.

As you are looking out to buy a new diesel car immediately, I would suggest that you look for cars from manufacturers like Volkswagen, Skoda and Ford. Reason for suggesting them, is that their car are more robust built(sheet metal gauge, crumple zones) and safer in comparison to Maruti, Honda & Hyundai. Just my opinion.

VW Polo GT TDi would fit the bill, given its more safer and GT tag means you can also some fun with it. Secondly boot space of 280 lt is just 35 lt short of Swift Dzire which shouldn't make much difference.

Just my 2p.
My dad thinks that dzire is god since it saved its life. He was in shock and was saying that he will never drive in his life again. He is alright now but will need a driver for 3 months at least. The next car has to be a maruti according to dad though I like the vento tdi
Old 8th November 2013, 18:43   #23
BHPian

My god that is one real bad accident and it also shows how safety equipment are necessary. But yeah as pointed out earlier, clutch pedal should not have come in the passenger cabin. I would suggest you do look beyond Maruti, sentiments apart, cars like Linea, Vento, polo or for that matter punto are more build like tanks and nothing goes wrong with them. Remember Maruti is using FIAT's engine for Diesel.
kailashnj is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th November 2013, 19:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

with @kailashnj & @el lobo 6061

Probably you need a car with with solid build rather than just brand association or sentiments considering the accident your father has been. He deserves a better car rather than a car with crumpled on impact. Remember life doesn't gives second chances to all.

From the images that you have posted, it is clear that your DZire despite being slower bore the maximum burnt & the reckless Accent the lesser, as the passenger compartment of DZire seems to have bent at 1-2 places. Compared to this, Accent's passenger shell (despite being an older design) is more or less impact & the engine bay seems to have collapsed & absorbed the impact. It is a separate matter that its occupants died, probably because not wearing seat belts.

I, however, would stand by whatever decision you/ your family take, which I firmly believe would be in your best interests.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 8th November 2013 at 19:03.
Old 8th November 2013, 19:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
with @kailashnj & @el lobo 6061

Probably you need a car with with solid build rather than just brand association or sentiments considering the accident your father has been. He deserves a better car rather than a car with crumpled on impact. Remember life doesn't gives second chances to all.

From the images that you have posted, it is clear that your DZire despite being slower bore the maximum burnt & the reckless Accent the lesser, as the passenger compartment of DZire seems to have bent at 1-2 places. Compared to this, Accent's passenger shell (despite being an older design) is more or less impact & the engine bay seems to have collapsed & absorbed the impact. It is a separate matter that its occupants died, probably because not wearing seat belts.

I, however, would stand by whatever decision you/ your family take, which I firmly believe would be in your best interests.
The engine of the accent entered the passenger compartment and the cng tank which was in the boot reached the front seat and the back seat reached the front. How is the design of accent better? Whereas the engine of my dzire disintegrated on impact.

Last edited by rockporiom : 8th November 2013 at 19:17.
rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 00:55   #26
BHPian

Was just reading the 150 "NEW" features in the new dzire. One important feature that is responsible for saving my dad's life and is most ignored is automatic door unlock in case of crash. I can't understand how is such an important feature not mentioned in the brochure. I never knew it existed in my dzire I came to know of it out of curiosity when dad told me doors unlocked as soon as airbags deployed. I now have no doubts on what is going to be my next diesel workhorse. Booking a dark grey dzire zdi tomorrow itself. I have faith in the brand and that model more than anything else now. Plus this will be my 3rd dzire in a row. Again would like to thank the dzire for doing its duty well in protecting my dad. A final salute to it

Last edited by rockporiom : 9th November 2013 at 00:56.
rockporiom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 10:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The engine of the accent entered the passenger compartment and the cng tank which was in the boot reached the front seat and the back seat reached the front. How is the design of accent better? Whereas the engine of my dzire disintegrated on impact.
Hi @rockporiom

Your pic re the Accent was not clear. It was only the passenger shell that was visible, which appear intact, & thus formed basis of my comments.

However, from the 3-4 pics of your Dzire, there appear multiple twists in the lower base, & the front passenger seat too has moved ahead on impact. Also, have a look at the steering wheel of your Dzire, which is bent on the impact of force/ pressure generated by your father hitting the airbag. These pics are not confidence inspiring re the crash worthiness the Dzire.

My emphasis is on a sturdier & safer car for your father & family, which I am sure you would agree, they deserve.
Old 9th November 2013, 11:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @rockporiom

Your pic re the Accent was not clear. It was only the passenger shell that was visible, which appear intact, & thus formed basis of my comments.

However, from the 3-4 pics of your Dzire, there appear multiple twists in the lower base, & the front passenger seat too has moved ahead on impact. Also, have a look at the steering wheel of your Dzire, which is bent on the impact of force/ pressure generated by your father hitting the airbag. These pics are not confidence inspiring re the crash worthiness the Dzire.

My emphasis is on a sturdier & safer car for your father & family, which I am sure you would agree, they deserve.
The steering was a collapsible one and the maruti guy on inspecting the car told me that it was a safety feature beacause of which the steering broke. The steering has dropped down and moved out which is good because that avoids it from hitting the chest. Agreed that the chassis has bent at a few spots but the combined speeds of both the cars is in excess of 200km/h. The people in the other car got thrown out since the seat itself detached and one of the passenger was not wearing seatbelts. The cabin of the dzire is intact and none of the parts have entered the cabin. Note that even the windshield hasn't cracked. The engine and other parts disintegrated and fell on the road on impact rather than entering the cabin.
Old 9th November 2013, 11:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The steering was a collapsible one and the maruti guy on inspecting the car told me that it was a safety feature beacause of which the steering broke. The steering has dropped down and moved out which is good because that avoids it from hitting the chest. Agreed that the chassis has bent at a few spots but the combined speeds of both the cars is in excess of 200km/h. The people in the other car got thrown out since the seat itself detached and one of the passenger was not wearing seatbelts. The cabin of the dzire is intact and none of the parts have entered the cabin. Note that even the windshield hasn't cracked. The engine and other parts disintegrated and fell on the road on impact rather than entering the cabin.
@rockporiom

The collapsible steering should not get bent, nor should it damage the dash, as appears from your pics. My concerns were with that car's structural integrity, not just to compare it to 10 year old design (the Accent which was the cause of accident).

I still shiver in fear for the trauma your father had to go through (200+ kmph hit, & injury to ankle), & I'm happy for him to have come out without life threatening injury. If you feel the Dzire is safe & lucky for your family, please stand by your decision, & I reaffirm my moral support to you & family at this stage.

Wish your father comer up stronger after the accident.

CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 12:28   #30
Max
BHPian

Quote:
The car coming from the other side was an accent travelling at around 150 km/h. The driver of the other car saw a pig and swerved to avoid it. In this process he hit the pig, then the divider and came on the wrong side and hit my dad's car at around 120 km/h. My dad was travelling at 70 km/h. The driver and his mother died on the spot and the father seems to have succumbed in the hospital since no one has claimed the accent. The clutch pedal went into my dad's ankle causing an open wound fracture.
Why this moron was driving at 150 km/h speed? Why some people do not understand that it is illegal to drive at speeds more then 80 km/h in most of the cities, states and on highways. Speed Kills hence drive slowly and not more then 50-60km/h in cities, 80km/h on highways and 100km/h on express ways. Example, we have this highway in our city which is perfect for driving car up to speeds of 100km/h but there are lots of gaps in between where you will always find people and vehicles suddenly appearing from nowhere! If you have less speed you can control your vehicle but in higher speeds it becomes impossible. Also, you can not control animals or predict their behavior hence keep your car speed low even on empty roads. India is one of the worst country for driving and also one of the most dangerous one.

I am happy to see your father survived and car's air bags saved his life.

Last edited by Max : 9th November 2013 at 12:32.
Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks