Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2013, 10:07   #46
BHPian

re: Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Kaizanfan, traffic can be one reason and am not a light footed driver, as well. Guderian says that it will improve after some time and will try to drive more 'light footed'.

AT gives more mileage over 4X4 too. I understand from your posts that you do lot of coasting to gain mileage :-)
The traffic seems to be getting worse. I manage to do coasting for max 50 meters. And if I don't do coasting I've to slam on my brakes harder. In couple instances when I got a bit aggressive (and had to stop harder) the guy behind came close to crashing his car on my bumper. You're right, going lighter on the throttle would give you better FE.
kaizanfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 09:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're right, going lighter on the throttle would give you better FE.
Hi Kaizanfan,

I shall try to be light footed on the throttle for a week and capture the variance, if any.

The early days will throw different figures and I shall look towards the trend for the same.
Old 8th October 2013, 15:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

It has been one month exactly that BOSS in WHITE became a part of my family.

The car has been performing good and am enjoying opening up the car slowly.

The car will go for its customary 1st service this saturday and has done 785 km as on date.

Last edited by getsurya : 8th October 2013 at 15:11.
Old 17th October 2013, 06:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

The First service experience!

BOSS had its due attention for the first time after it became a part of my family with Toyota during its first service.

The Service advisor and the Customer relations person had spoken to me earlier and have booked an appointment at 8:30am. I arrived 10 minutes early and was waiting for the service advisor to make his customary inspection and log in the details. The car was attended and there was a SHUBARAMBH welcome for my relationship with Toyota, which was a nice feeling!

Since this being the first service, I know it would be a quick one. After handing over the keys to the service advisor(Ram- nice attentive person!) and providing my notes for the check up(thanks to Guderian for the tips!), I was asked to sit in the Owner's lounge which was self sufficient with coffee, water, TV & vehicle status information screen etc. I could also see my car being attended on the floor below, I have also requested that I be let on the floor during service to watch my car and they agreed(after being aware of my car passion!).

The floor supervisor(Jagdish-very knowledgable)was attentive and even called me onto the floor to provide timely updates to the underbody check/observations & other queries of mine.

The car was out in 90 minutes with a wash and the cleaners left their pugmarks on the carpets, which was brought to the Service Advisor's attention. This was promptly attended and by this time the Customer Relations Manager was also with me, which ensured my car was pampered rightly. The cost was Rs.63 for windshield wash fluid refill.

Overall, I would rate the Service experience an 8/10 from the dealer.

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure!
Attached Thumbnails
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-1-waiting-svc-advisor.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-2-welcome-1st-svc.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-3-parked-experience.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-4-60-min-svc-toyota-model.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-5-toyotas-interactive-info.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-6-boss-lift.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-7-boss-gets-its-attention-time.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-8-boss-its-way-back-home-after-svc-smiles.jpg  

Last edited by getsurya : 17th October 2013 at 06:28.
getsurya is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 13:07   #50
BHPian

How come no number plates yet? Mine was delivered with number plates right at the showroom.

Also, how much did the paint protection film cost you and what all was covered. Bumpers/Wheel arches/Doors?
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 06:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
How come no number plates yet? Mine was delivered with number plates right at the showroom. Also, how much did the paint protection film cost you and what all was covered. Bumpers/Wheel arches/Doors?
Hi Amolpol,

Welcome to the thread of BOSS!

In Hyd, it is not yet compulsory to have permanent registration done when the car is delivered. It helps me, as I am waiting for a legacy family number(not a fancy number) which should be mine in a week's time.

As quoted below, 3M PPF(Paint Protection Film) was opted for front bumper sides, side fender flares, door sills, door bottoms( 5 inches of door bottom, as I did not opt for the door cladding) , rear bumper flares, full rear bumper including the luggage loading part of the rear bumper, side view mirror painted portion, all door borders etc. all these costed me Rs.18000 and it is a full days job!

I have seen the efficiency of PPF in US and felt it was much needed in our country, hence went for them.

One more addition to the accessories:

+ rear sensors kit by Red Soul done at the dealer. I was finding the reverse camera alone not being sufficient when backing up in unknown parking lots and places without the audio warning. The kit costed me Rs. 4000 and was a neat job with sockets. They come body colored and has 4 infrared sensors fitted to the rear bumper with a small colored display unit at the front. Nothing fancy, but practical :-)
getsurya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 08:51   #52
BHPian

Hi GetSurya, I am also considering installation of reverse parking sensors. Can you post pictures of the reverse sensor display on the dashboard? Wide angle and close-up shots would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 18th October 2013, 09:21   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I have seen the efficiency of PPF in US and felt it was much needed in our country, hence went for them.
I was told by a 3M shop manager that the PPF generally doesn't go well with white paint cars as it has the tendency to become little yellowish over the period of time. In other color cars its not very noticeable but in white it is. He also gave me example of a white honda city customer who came back after couple of months with same complaint of PPF turning yellow.

Have you experienced/heard anything like that? I also wanted to go for PPF but couldn't after 3M shop manager told me that.
satpalsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 11:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
I was told by a 3M shop manager that the PPF generally doesn't go well with white paint cars as it has the tendency to become little yellowish over the period of time. In other color cars its not very noticeable but in white it is. He also gave me example of a white honda city customer who came back after couple of months with same complaint of PPF turning yellow. Have you experienced/heard anything like that? I also wanted to go for PPF but couldn't after 3M shop manager told me that.
Hi Satpal, Vinod of 3M gave me too the same heads up, however I am ok to live with the yellow tint(if it develops) rather without the film. Benefit to Risk ratio was high :-) Also, I was informed that they waxed an entire white Q3 with synthetic wax(free of cost) after applying PPF and that film turned out perfect without any discolorations.

Attached are some pictures showing the rear sensors and display, 1000km breach and some adorance!!
Attached Thumbnails
Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-image533734577.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-image372598832.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-image461294302.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-image1347298143.jpg  

Got Fortune'd: White Toyota Fortuner Edit: Sold!-image1148629520.jpg  

Last edited by getsurya : 18th October 2013 at 11:44.
getsurya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 11:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
Hi GetSurya, I am also considering installation of reverse parking sensors. Can you post pictures of the reverse sensor display on the dashboard? Wide angle and close-up shots would be helpful. Thanks.
Hi Kaizanfan,

Does the pictures suffice? If not, can try some more!
Old 19th October 2013, 15:36   #56
BHPian

getsurya, I saw the pictures and that's enough. I asked for close-up and wide-angle thinking that you might have installed it on the dashboard (in the center or on the left corner). I think the right place for the sensor is above the rear view camera and I think you did the right thing by having it placed up there. Thanks.
kaizanfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 12:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the BOSS, just guessing, is 8055 the number you are waiting for?

Also, could not find out the cost of the small mirror on the bonnet, kindly share the price if you don't mind
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:57   #58
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi surya,
Please install rally 4000/3003/illuminator or light force series between the top grill.Current auxiliary lamp doesn't suit the Boss !.
Rajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 09:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Congratulations on the BOSS, just guessing, is 8055 the number you are waiting for? Also, could not find out the cost of the small mirror on the bonnet, kindly share the price if you don't mind
Hi Arun, Thank you for your wishes! I am not opting for 8055, but for a legacy family non- fancy number. The fender mirror is Rs.5800 and is a Toyota genuine accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
Hi surya, Please install rally 4000/3003/illuminator or light force series between the top grill.Current auxiliary lamp doesn't suit the Boss !.
Hi Rajith,

I agree and wanted to fix the LightForce ones, but had these lying around at home.

Last edited by getsurya : 24th October 2013 at 09:36.
Old 29th October 2013, 16:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

As I start getting used to the car, I have some observations/suggestions/improvements to make:

1. Steering wheel to more chunkier and softer
2. Horn pad can be extended to make it within a 'thumb"s reach'
3. Driver arm rest should be soft and extendible
4. Sun visors can have extenders
5. Head lamps high beam needs to be more powerful
6. Driver side wiper makes rubbing noise when used on low drizzle
7. Rear wiper wash spray to be a 'spray' and not water trickling down the glass
8. The side view mirror adjustment buttons(and others in that console) needs to be backlit
9. Head rests to be tiltable to provide the 'right' support
10. Rear parking sensors should be standard fitment

I am mentioning the above, in lieu of the cost of the vehicle and are simple convenience features at that price point.
getsurya is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed