Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2013, 13:15   #61
BHPian

Re: Philos - My White Maruti Ertiga ZDi

I had given the car to the service station yesterday and they too acknowledge the vibrations in the clutch pedal. They told me that they will do something about it. Kept the car with them for one day and today when I went there, they took me for a test ride. Even though the vibrations have reduced a little, its still there. I was told by the SA that since there is am improvement, drive the car for few days and if it does not stop come back again. I am really not happy with this kind of attitude, first and foremost a car which is brand new should not have this kind of issue. Secondly just because there is some kind of improvement, it does not mean that the issue has been eliminated. Man I am really sad.
Old 10th February 2014, 18:21   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I had given the car to the service station yesterday and they too acknowledge the vibrations in the clutch pedal. They told me that they will do something about it. Kept the car with them for one day and today when I went there, they took me for a test ride. Even though the vibrations have reduced a little, its still there.

Man I am really sad.
What did the Service Advisor attribute the problem to? Was he able to narrow down to some mechanicals / spares to do with the clutch or the gear assembly?

What fix did he do?

Thanks,
C_
Old 12th February 2014, 23:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
What did the Service Advisor attribute the problem to? Was he able to narrow down to some mechanicals / spares to do with the clutch or the gear assembly?

What fix did he do?

Thanks,
C_
The problem was quoted as clutch issues. They changed the clutch plates and adjusted the play. That did help.

Are you facing the same issue?
Old 18th February 2014, 13:07   #64
BHPian

Quote:
The problem was quoted as clutch issues. They changed the clutch plates and adjusted the play. That did help.

Are you facing the same issue?
Well, no. My brother-in-law is upgrading to a new car and Ertiga is in the shortlist. So we were collecting information from here, from friends and elsewhere. Haven't heard others complain about this issue. Hence I asked.

Hope you are happy now after they addressed the problem.

Thanks,
C_
Old 19th February 2014, 01:36   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Well, no. My brother-in-law is upgrading to a new car and Ertiga is in the shortlist. So we were collecting information from here, from friends and elsewhere. Haven't heard others complain about this issue. Hence I asked.

Hope you are happy now after they addressed the problem.

Thanks,
C_
I am very happy with the performance of the car post it was fixed by Maruti. In fact I am about to complete 10K kms and will shortly send it for the third service. Will update the thread again later.

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 03:59   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Well, no. My brother-in-law is upgrading to a new car and Ertiga is in the shortlist. So we were collecting information from here, from friends and elsewhere.
Just to help things for you, we have a White Ertiga ZDi too which is a month old and are pretty happy with it. Average FE that we are getting is 16 kmpl in City. Yet to check the highway as it is doing duty mostly in city.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th February 2014 at 04:01.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 02:44   #67
BHPian

20000 Kms and counting - Philos - My White Maruti Ertiga ZDI

Hi Guys,

Long thread alert

Its been many days since I have updated the thread, was kinda lazy to update.

My Philos completed its 1st anniversary yesterday and I treated it with lot of TLC.

First of all, in the last year, my car has seen many long distance trips along with daily drive to office. Never ever has the car been driven without AC as I don't like to get dirty interiors. Max people on-board once were as high as 7 adults, 3 children and some small food packets for a nearby short picnic.

Ertiga is very versatile car. Though the luggage space is pretty cramped with all three seat up, I have learned to live with that and infact now that has turned as a blessing in disguise. When we go for outstation trips, we keep our luggage in between the seats and then throw in a blanket on top. This converts the luggage and the seats into a makeshift bed and kids sleep on that peacefully.

As mentioned earlier, the car is very versatile, I have once transported 2 bicycles 26 inch tyre radius (full grown BMX style) from Nagpur to Mumbai. It was a pleasant surprise to see that the cycles could easily fit in the vehicle and still we had ample of space for 5 people including driver. (Sorry did not click pictures).

I have done the following mods in my car.
  • Tyres upgraded to Conti 205 size
  • Philips 100/90 H4 Bulbs with Relay
  • K&N Filter (stock replacement)

Future Upgrade list
  • Dual channel RD box
  • Alloy wheels

Philos got its security renewed yesterday (Insurance) with Future generalli with zero dep policy. Renewed it for 15847 with Zero Dep, Loss of key, Loss of personal belongings and Road side assistance.

Completed the 4th Service (1st Paid service) today. Performed the following maintenance.
  • 4th service - general checkup
  • Engine Oil - Synthetic 5W 40 as pushed down by the SA
  • Engine Flush
  • Brake Oil
  • Diesel filter and air filter
  • Oil filter
  • Wheel balancing and Alingment
  • Polishing
  • Brake cleaning
  • Electrical
  • Radiator flush (don't know why this was carried out, SA kept on insisting for it though)

The bill for the service was Rs 12658/- (its on a higher side, did not expect the bill to be such huge number, was expecting something in the range of 8K)

Most of the work was carried out in time except some of the grouse that I have with Ertiga. There is lot of noise within the car which I can pinpoint to seats. Explained it to the SA and he too agreed that there is lot of noise coming in from behind. They tried searching for the source of the noise but could not find it and I was handed over the car. This is very irrating noise and I don't like it at all, but 3 SAs could not find the source of the noise and I have been asked to visit the workshop on Sunday 21st. Another issue is the wind noise near the driver side of the ORVM. Hope that there is a fix for these issues soon.

Eritga has its share of issues too, for e.g the stock headlights are really poor and does not illuminate the road that easily, hence I changed those to Philips H4. Trust me the headlight power has almost doubled. Hence I would recommend all the Ertiga owners to upgrade the Headlights as fast as possible.

"Kitna Deti hai" - universal questions on our mind

City driving:- 15 Kmpl
Outsatation - 17 Kmpl

Now let the pictures speak a little, please note, pictures taken in the night and from mobile camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Philos - My White Maruti Ertiga ZDi-20140918_041328.jpg  

Philos - My White Maruti Ertiga ZDi-20140918_041340.jpg  

Old 20th September 2014, 08:48   #68
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Engine Flush[*]Brake Oil[*]Electrical[*]Radiator flush
Engine flush and radiator flush are not a part of first service.

Even if we change the engine oil from mineral to synthetic nowadays engine flushing is no longer a pre - requisite.

Regarding brake oil , they topped up or replaced it?

What does "Electrical" stand for? Computerised error code scanning?

Was this your free service? I mean to ask was the labour cost involved?

The bill definitely seems a bit on the higher side.
Old 20th September 2014, 10:55   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Engine flush and radiator flush are not a part of first service.

The bill definitely seems a bit on the higher side.
Ishlinea, this was 4th service and not the 1st, carried out at 20000 kms. Only on my request that the SA carried out the engine flush as I prefer to get engine flushed to ensure it works like new for long. I know this is an old school theory but I still prefer it.

Brake oil was completely replaced as per the Service Manual along with bleeding being done to ensure there is no air in the brake lines. By electricals i meant more in the lines of all lights being checked (like headlight, tail lights, fog lamps, side indicators etc), error code scanning using the OBD 2 scanner, checking the lights on the MID for any issues.

This was not a free service and labour cost was involved for about 2850, 1470 for the paid service and rest being parts cost like the swift service kit for 1608, Engine Oil and Oil filter 4500, Diesel filter and air filter, coolant and brake oil etc. I will scan the entire bill and post it here sometime later.
Old 20th September 2014, 10:58   #70
BHPian

Oops my bad!
I misread as first service
Old 20th September 2014, 12:10   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Oops my bad!
I misread as first service
NO worries, happens sometimes
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:26   #72
BHPian

Re: 20000 Kms and counting - Philos - My White Maruti Ertiga ZDI

Quote:
I have done the following mods in my car.
  • Tyres upgraded to Conti 205 size
  • Philips 100/90 H4 Bulbs with Relay
  • K&N Filter (stock replacement)

Future Upgrade list
  • Dual channel RD box
  • Alloy wheels
@Kailashnj - How is the performance of the car post the tyre upgrade? I own a white ertiga myself and I am planning to upgrade the tyres. Did you notice any improvements in the drive quality and stability
Old 4th July 2015, 07:45   #73
BHPian

Quote:
NO worries, happens sometimes
Smoked headlamps and a black roof and your Ertiga should look jhkaaaas !
Old 18th August 2015, 19:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agd19682 View Post
@Kailashnj - How is the performance of the car post the tyre upgrade? I own a white ertiga myself and I am planning to upgrade the tyres. Did you notice any improvements in the drive quality and stability
I love the performance on the Conti tyres. Since I have not driven much on the older tyres I can't compare it with them. But using the new tyres I have never had any issues there. I have never ever had a feeling that I am loosing grip on my car even under hard braking. On my way back from Goa in one of the trips I was driving at around 120 KPH and had to brake hard. Car never lost control. I will surely suggest go for the upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Smoked headlamps and a black roof and your Ertiga should look jhkaaaas !
Correct - but right now I am thinking of changing the car. Its been 2 years and 35 kms done, hope to get something better now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks