Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 18:37   #46
BHPian

re: Unicorn - My White Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Thanks, I will keep the thread updated.

I'll have to completely disagree. Although I drive mostly in city I have taken the car upto 110 km/hr and didn't feel anything like that.
My friend, also owner of Amaze VX does daily highway trips and has done 6000+kms. He has taken car upto 150 km/hr and is very delighted with the performance. He also commented his friend's Figo, Dzire etc run out of power but Amaze is still soaring at high speeds.
Maybe the TD car had some problems(just guessing), you should try one more TD.

They could have.

No OEMs are Goodyear on top models and MRFs on lower ones.
Skyfire dude, dont get me wrong here. I never said that the Amaze is not capable of reaching speeds of 150 km/hr and beyond.
IMO the engine lacked top end punch i.e. it does not like beyond a point. Maybe it is the state of tune. I agree there could be an issue with the TD car.
Old 28th October 2013, 22:09   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Have any one I stalled the interior ambient lights?
How much does it cost?
Haven't installed it but cost is 4k.
Old 28th October 2013, 23:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

Having driven the dezire extensively over 17K kms and having owned the amaze diesel over the last 5 months / 7 k kms , I would say the amaze is an awesome city car while I like the dezire on the highways. The amaze would hover around 80-90 kph while I remneber the dezire doing triple digit speeds on the same stretches.

Somehow I prefer the handling of the dezire with 185 tires over the 175 tires of the Amaze. The Amaze isn't very confidence inspiring on fast turns and close overtakings.

I am not making this into a MUL vs Honda reply. About the Amaze , we have done 145kph on speedo with 5 on board and AC on , but somehow felt this car doesn't like being driven hard. First of all the FE indicator shows numbers as low as 16 kpl. 90-110 kph is where this car can cruise effortlessly day long and this range is more than enough on our highways
Old 1st November 2013, 17:38   #49
BHPian

Update

Second Service done

-Washing and Cleaning.
-Solved A pillar vibration problem.
-Solved a problem with gear lock.
-Solved paint problem at some points.
-Put a little bit of white paint on small dents and scratches.

Cost: Rs 0
Old 6th November 2013, 09:12   #50
BHPian

Update 2

Took Amaze on highway trips.

Trip 1: Delhi-Noida-Delhi
Trip 2: Delhi-Muzzafarnagar-Delhi

Total Distance: 375kms

Points to be noted
1. Car reaches 90-110 mark b/w 2000-2500 rpm. You can keep her steady at 1000 with rpms hovering little bit above 2000 rpm and eco light on
2. If car is steady at 100 km/h, you won't find any disturbing noise and vibrations. Past 120 km/h the vibrations come into play. 120 was max speed I took with 3 on board and half filled boot.(GPS said speed was 116)
3. If there is large inclination or pothole(unusually large), the bottom will scrape. But the good thing is under body cover is present so no damages whatsoever.
4. No problem in overtaking at any speed/gear. Steering gives perfect feedback.
5. The ride is ultra settled on highways and rear seat passengers remain on cloud nine! The front seats look thin but offer excellent support.
6. Goodyear did nice job on highways, no complaints.
7. The FE

Unicorn - My White Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC-20131104-15.41.25-fileminimizer.jpg

Unicorn - My White Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC-20131104-15.41.33-fileminimizer.jpg

The figure is with AC on at certain times and also includes city driving. The passengers on board varied from 3-4 and boot was half filled. Overall excellent figures. While on highway i managed to churn out 26.6 kmpl with AC off.
As i entered back in Delhi, the figures started reducing due to traffic. When i reached home the MID showed 19.5 kmpl.

Friends gave my car an unusual name- UNICORN
Though there is no horn on it's head, I will keep the name

Last edited by skyfire2892 : 6th November 2013 at 09:18.
skyfire2892 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 10:35   #51
BHPian

Re: Unicorn - My White Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC

Hi skyfire,

Do you actually get the mileage shown in the metre? Or the real mileage is a bit less than the meter reading?

In many other cars the real mileage is always 1-2kmpl less than the displayed one.
Old 26th November 2013, 11:02   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hi skyfire,

Do you actually get the mileage shown in the metre? Or the real mileage is a bit less than the meter reading?

In many other cars the real mileage is always 1-2kmpl less than the displayed one.

Yeah i've tried tankfull to tankfull, there is a difference of 1-2 kmpl.
But anything close to 20 it's enough for me.
Old 26th November 2013, 14:33   #53
BHPian

Hi Skyfire,

Now that the new city is not to my liking, I feel like saving the money & going in for Amaze Diesel. And the obvious concern is the NVH issue.
So can you tell me in the practical scenario how much does it bother you?
I mean shuddering while starting & stopping does not seem to me like a practical problem.
But is it that while driving also the clattering is somewhat annoying? & vibrations tend to make you uncomfortable?
Also, did you toy with the idea of getting Dampeners fitted into your car to reduce the noise?
Old 26th November 2013, 19:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Skyfire,

Now that the new city is not to my liking, I feel like saving the money & going in for Amaze Diesel. And the obvious concern is the NVH issue.
So can you tell me in the practical scenario how much does it bother you?
I mean shuddering while starting & stopping does not seem to me like a practical problem.
But is it that while driving also the clattering is somewhat annoying? & vibrations tend to make you uncomfortable?
Also, did you toy with the idea of getting Dampeners fitted into your car to reduce the noise?
It completely depends on your driving style and area.
Consider my situation, in Delhi all cars are always honking at each other and i drive with music always on at considerable volume. Putting these factors, i can barely hear the engine noise.
Talking about vibration, upto 2k rpms it's normal like any other car. In case you are overtaking and you go above 2k, you can feel the vibrations on clutch/gear. At 3k there are some "serious" vibrations but going to 3k rpm is useless as 2.5k is enough for overtaking or upshifting.
One big problem is A-pillar has started vibrating. It is also due to loud bass/sound from system(this problem occurs in many other diesel cars). These vibrations are super-annoying. I had them fixed in second service but they have returned. This week i'll go to the showroom to get a permanent solution.
About the shudder during on/off, it doesn't bother me.
I've have been researching about dampeners and cladding on wheels, but haven't tried anything yet.
Some times vibrations also come from dash(very unlikely though) when i'm listening to music too loudly and rpms are high too.
At highways, tire noise is evident.
That's the best i can tell about NVH from my experience. The only problem that bothers me is A-pillar vibrations which i'll get fixed ASAP.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 09:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
One big problem is A-pillar has started vibrating. It is also due to loud bass/sound from system(this problem occurs in many other diesel cars). These vibrations are super-annoying. I had them fixed in second service but they have returned. This week i'll go to the showroom to get a permanent solution.
About the shudder during on/off, it doesn't bother me.
In your ownership thread you have no where mentioned an upgraded ICE. So, even the bass from the stock system causes the vibrations?
When you get the A-Pillar vibration solved, do analyse the root cause of it. Because in my personal experience such annoying vibrations/rattles are really hard to solve permanently.
Old 28th November 2013, 13:05   #56
BHPian

Quote:
In your ownership thread you have no where mentioned an upgraded ICE. So, even the bass from the stock system causes the vibrations?
When you get the A-Pillar vibration solved, do analyse the root cause of it. Because in my personal experience such annoying vibrations/rattles are really hard to solve permanently.
Just came back from service center and found a probable cause.
The service guy said generally when sensors are installed, there is a possibility A-pillars are not fitted properly(the wiring goes through them). That was the cause, he said he had corrected the fitting and then i had a road test. On returning home i tried high rpms as well as high volume music but there was no rattles/vibrations. But still it'll take more time to find whether this solution is permanent or not. The service guy ensured me that problem was completely solved. The whole procedure was done in half an hour, that's why i love Honda!
About the bass, the stock ICE doesn't offer high quality but sound levels are quite good. An the vibrations occur only when music is too loud, that too rarely so nothing to be worried about.
Old 13th January 2014, 21:45   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Lane change indicator is for changing lanes. Just put some pressure on stalk, the indicator activates, now you can change lane and then release the stalk.
Very handy for me.

No even VX variant does not come with central armrest
Only back seat armrest.
Though you can get one easily from a aftermarket dealer. I'm thinking of getting one.
See here and here.
Pardon, how does the lane change indicator work ?? Apply pressure on what ?

And I have checked the aftermarket Arm rests, looks good when u see front seats but it looks ugly from rear as the bracket will be visible
Did u fix it ? Or do u have any snaps how it looks from.rear after fixing ?
Old 13th January 2014, 22:43   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Extras and Accessories
Can you post the rates of accessories or the quote photos again. Not able to zoom and find how accessories look in Honda's broucher and prices noted with pen also not that clear
Thanks

Last edited by bblost : 13th January 2014 at 23:14.
Old 14th January 2014, 08:45   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense2k6 View Post

Pardon, how does the lane change indicator work ?? Apply pressure on what ?

And I have checked the aftermarket Arm rests, looks good when u see front seats but it looks ugly from rear as the bracket will be visible
Did u fix it ? Or do u have any snaps how it looks from.rear after fixing ?
That was my mistake. Amaze doesn't have lane change indicator. Though indicator activates with a little pressure on the stalk.
Haven't installed armrest. As highway drives are not done regularly I don't have need for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense2k6 View Post

Can you post the rates of accessories or the quote photos again. Not able to zoom and find how accessories look in Honda's broucher and prices noted with pen also not that clear
Thanks
Door visor 3200
Chrome tail pipe 1200
Chrome door protector 3200
Corner protector 4300
Mud guard 2000
Floor Mats 1470
Sporty pedals 2300
Illuminated side step 7400
Front speakers 3000
Body cover 1370
Old 10th February 2014, 10:55   #60
BHPian

3rd(10k) Service Done. Got a call from Honda and they came to pick up the car. Love the ASS
Total cost came out to be Rs 2611. Apart from regular things, the air intake pipe was changed free of cost. It is being done in all Amaze's manufactured till Aug 2013.
My car had also some scratches on corners thanks to idiotic drivers and rickshawallas. They also did some fix-it job on them.
Attaching the bill
Attached Thumbnails
Unicorn - My White Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC-20140210-10.42.38-fileminimizer.jpg  

Most Viewed