Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 11:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Unicorn - My White Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
We booked the car same day with 21k advance amount. The model was VX.
Total Price: 8.7 L (well inside budget)
We didn’t go for any accessories at that time. The waiting period quoted was 4 months but dealer said it’ll take 2 months.
Hey skyfire2892, congratulations on getting your Amaze & truly amazing initial ownership review of your white beauty . I loved the way in which you have covered each & every aspect of your car. Honda has skipped on some of the goodies like bluetooth, front armrest etc, but the gem of an engine, covers for most of the shortcomings. When I test drove this car in our office campus, we were 5 well built people on board & the car pulled effortlessly even on third gear without giving any inputs to the accelerator pedal.

Do keep this thread updated. Wishing you many happy miles with your car.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 11:30   #17
BHPian

Congratulations for your new white beauty!
Indeed a very detailed and interesting initial ownership review. You rightly mentioned about the black and brown interiors. Me too like the all black interiors. I think it kind of give more premium feel to it.
Which Courtesy Honda branch you have taken your car from? I've also had a very good experience with the dealership. I am a proud owner of Jazz X which I took from Courtesy Honda Okhla near ESI Hospital.
The picture of rear seat wrapped with plastic cover reminded me of my car, as I've also removed the plastic covers hardly 4 to 5 days back. It was approx. 1 year I used my car with the seat covers on . Actually in a very short time many people asked me for treat due to the seat covers on and every time I've to tell that its already 1 year old. After some time I lost my patience and removed the seat covers.
Wish you a long and happy motoring experience with your white beauty.

Last edited by db0009 : 8th October 2013 at 11:35.
db0009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 12:34   #18
BHPian

skyfire2892, congrats on your new amaze. One good thing in amaze is all variants come with abs. For me that is more important that having more posh interior. Honda does take into account safety quite well. Also the back room seating and space can give the larger sedans a good competition.
kiranknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hey skyfire2892, congratulations on getting your Amaze & truly amazing initial ownership review of your white beauty . I loved the way in which you have covered each & every aspect of your car. Honda has skipped on some of the goodies like bluetooth, front armrest etc, but the gem of an engine, covers for most of the shortcomings. When I test drove this car in our office campus, we were 5 well built people on board & the car pulled effortlessly even on third gear without giving any inputs to the accelerator pedal.

Do keep this thread updated. Wishing you many happy miles with your car.
Thanks!
I will keep this thread updated.
I found this device which helps bluetooth audio streaming through aux port. Might try it! I'm also thinking of getting arm rest from an aftermarket dealer.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/USB-Bluetooth...ht_4252wt_1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Congratulations for your new white beauty!
Indeed a very detailed and interesting initial ownership review. You rightly mentioned about the black and brown interiors. Me too like the all black interiors. I think it kind of give more premium feel to it.
Which Courtesy Honda branch you have taken your car from? I've also had a very good experience with the dealership. I am a proud owner of Jazz X which I took from Courtesy Honda Okhla near ESI Hospital.
The picture of rear seat wrapped with plastic cover reminded me of my car, as I've also removed the plastic covers hardly 4 to 5 days back. It was approx. 1 year I used my car with the seat covers on . Actually in a very short time many people asked me for treat due to the seat covers on and every time I've to tell that its already 1 year old. After some time I lost my patience and removed the seat covers.
Wish you a long and happy motoring experience with your white beauty.
Thanks!
I took from Courtesy Honda near Wazirpur Industrial Area. The pamphlet says Wazirpur one as "Sales and Service" and Okhla one as "Body Shop". Is it bigger? I'll pay it a visit sometime.
For current situation, the backseat is rarely used so the covers will remain on. The covers make everyone think car is brand new(i know that feel).
Jazz is again Honda's signature car(space and style). Happy driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranknair View Post
skyfire2892, congrats on your new amaze. One good thing in amaze is all variants come with abs. For me that is more important that having more posh interior. Honda does take into account safety quite well. Also the back room seating and space can give the larger sedans a good competition.
Thanks!
Honda's safety is unmatched. Even Honda City comes with Airbags on all variant. The diesel variants are very VFM just because even base one has ABS. (7L OTR sedan with ABS and Honda badge, what more you'll need).
The interior finish is excellent but yeah the design is not up to the mark.

Last edited by skyfire2892 : 8th October 2013 at 14:16.
Old 8th October 2013, 16:02   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase.

I like everything about this car except for chocolate brown colored dash. On the NVH front, would you say this engine is more noisy than the Logans renault diesel engine? I've heard it smoothens out a lot as you pile up kms.

Do keep this thread updated with your experiences
isiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 18:42   #21
BHPian

Congrats on the amazing amaze. Its unbelievable numbers that this car runs per litre of diesel.

If honda can probably improve the sound insulation in the car, we can surely see it eating up huge numbers of dzire.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 22:56   #22
BANNED

Quote:
More Accessories from Honda
Congrats on the purchase on one of the best cars in that segment and from one of the best companies in the world.

One thing I noticed is the spelling mistakes like 'Boday Cover', 'Door Visior .

One doubt I have on the wheel-well cladding which is absent as mentioned by you, is the wind noise high and NVH higher due to this? Is there is a possibility to add it after market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
1) what is an OBD port?
2) where is the lane change indicator?
1) OBD Port - This is the port which houses the 16-pin connector that helps the owner/mechanic/tuner know what is actually going in the engine at the very point of time. It feeds out live data to a App on your smartphone or on a dedicated high-end reader. It reads out the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) which helps the manufacturer clear and it and solve the problem faced.

2) The lane changer is in the indicator stalk itself. It is a feature that activates when the indicator stalk is tapped lightly the indicator flashes three times giving a signal of lane change. Since it is a lane change the indicator is not used for long so this feature is useful as the driver will not keep the indicator ON and forget to switch it OFF after the change and could misinform the drivers behind.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th October 2013 at 22:58.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 23:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Congrats on the purchase on one of the best cars in that segment and from one of the best companies in the world.

One thing I noticed is the spelling mistakes like 'Boday Cover', 'Door Visior .

One doubt I have on the wheel-well cladding which is absent as mentioned by you, is the wind noise high and NVH higher due to this? Is there is a possibility to add it after market?

1) OBD Port - This is the port which houses the 16-pin connector that helps the owner/mechanic/tuner know what is actually going in the engine at the very point of time. It feeds out live data to a App on your smartphone or on a dedicated high-end reader. It reads out the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) which helps the manufacturer clear and it and solve the problem faced.

2) The lane changer is in the indicator stalk itself. It is a feature that activates when the indicator stalk is tapped lightly the indicator flashes three times giving a signal of lane change. Since it is a lane change the indicator is not used for long so this feature is useful as the driver will not keep the indicator ON and forget to switch it OFF after the change and could misinform the drivers behind.

Anurag.
Thanks anurag,
Do amaze S diesel variant has this lane change feature?
How can I connect my smart phone to OBD port? Do I need a special software? If so, where can I find them?
Old 9th October 2013, 00:06   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
How can I connect my smart phone to OBD port? Do I need a special software? If so, where can I find them?
For the Software:

1) Fun2Drive: This app is from Bosch and is Free.

2) Torque PRO: This is the full version and costs Rs 250 and is to be bought from Google Play Store.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the link to purchase the Bluetooth ELM 327 OBD II reader:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Android-Torqu...ht_6384wt_1398

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check the following threads for the OBD thing:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...n-cars-38.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...app-bosch.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dian-cars.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...l-details.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-kms-up-7.html

How to connect the OBD reader and your smartphone:

1) Keep car off or in ignition ON then plug in Reader into OBD Port,

2) Turn on bluetooth of phone, keep it in discoverable, search for new Device, Select "OBDII" and pair with 1234 pin only, Pair it and your done!

3) Start Car, Start App (Torque/fun2drive/etc) and wait till app detects protocol and connects to ECU.

4) Your good to go.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 11:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I took from Courtesy Honda near Wazirpur Industrial Area. The pamphlet says Wazirpur one as "Sales and Service" and Okhla one as "Body Shop". Is it bigger? I'll pay it a visit sometime.
Courtesy Honda is owned by Lally Automobiles Limited and the Okhla branch has all the three of them i.e. Showroom, Service Center and Body Shop.
Showroom is on the main road near ESI Hospital and opposite Skoda Showroom. Service center is just next to their showroom and the Body shop is near Central Plaza hotel at Okhla Estate road. The staff is very courteous and helping at showroom and Service center. I've had good experience while purchase and now in ASS . They have spacious area for service bay, though they don't have service bays in plenty, I think they have 5 to 6 Service bays if I my memory serves my right. They also have the pick and drop facility for car servicing but I take my car myself there. If any customer wants to check the under body of their car they allow the customer to do so for his satisfaction which I like about them because we can not do that at our house. All in all they won a loyal customer in me.

Last edited by db0009 : 9th October 2013 at 11:12.
db0009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 07:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
Courtesy Honda is owned by Lally Automobiles Limited and the Okhla branch has all the three of them i.e. Showroom, Service Center and Body Shop.
Showroom is on the main road near ESI Hospital and opposite Skoda Showroom. Service center is just next to their showroom and the Body shop is near Central Plaza hotel at Okhla Estate road. The staff is very courteous and helping at showroom and Service center. I've had good experience while purchase and now in ASS . They have spacious area for service bay, though they don't have service bays in plenty, I think they have 5 to 6 Service bays if I my memory serves my right. They also have the pick and drop facility for car servicing but I take my car myself there. If any customer wants to check the under body of their car they allow the customer to do so for his satisfaction which I like about them because we can not do that at our house. All in all they won a loyal customer in me.
The staff is very supportive here too. The pick up and drop is free. Used it in first service. But next time i'll take the car myself.
Old 18th October 2013, 18:55   #27
BHPian

Great review there! How is the Sonax interior cleaner? Is it capable of removing stains from seat fabric?
Old 18th October 2013, 20:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Great review there! How is the Sonax interior cleaner? Is it capable of removing stains from seat fabric?
Never used it on seats but the description says it can be used on upholstered seats.
Old 19th October 2013, 00:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Try using Colin glass cleaner for interiors. It's cheap and also its amazing for rexin seats...
Old 20th October 2013, 09:42   #30
BHPian

Hi and Congrats on your new Honda amaze.
Is the in cabin engine noise as same as the Etios diesel launched in 2011?
I have an Etios diesel 2011 model and the in cabin engine noise is slightly higher than expected.
Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.
drabhayshah76 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks