Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2013, 10:08   #31
BHPian

I have a dzire vdi and amaze vxmt diesel . The engine noise is more than the swift dzire . But dzire has turbo lag amaze does not .
Old 20th October 2013, 12:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the car, the Amaze looks good in white, I've never seen a white one in the flesh, but read somewhere, darker colours make vehicles look smaller and brighter colours make them look bigger. My next ride, if I can choose the colour would definitely be white

Thanks for the detailed pictures and wish you many amazing moments!
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 17:16   #33
BHPian

re: Unicorn - My White Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Congratulations on the car, the Amaze looks good in white, I've never seen a white one in the flesh, but read somewhere, darker colours make vehicles look smaller and brighter colours make them look bigger. My next ride, if I can choose the colour would definitely be white

Thanks for the detailed pictures and wish you many amazing moments!
Yes, it's true white makes car looks bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabhayshah76 View Post
Hi and Congrats on your new Honda amaze.
Is the in cabin engine noise as same as the Etios diesel launched in 2011?
I have an Etios diesel 2011 model and the in cabin engine noise is slightly higher than expected.
Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.
I haven't driven Etios diesel, you'll have to do a TD of both.
But after nearing 3 months i am now getting temporary rattling sounds from A pillars, will bring up in next service.
Old 20th October 2013, 18:01   #34
BHPian

The Honda Amaze falls under the no frills no nonsense category. Honda was spot on the fuel efficiency part (in the diesel dept.) with this launch.
I personally loved the green light that flashes to show that we are driving at an economical rate , It would taken some practice to have this light stay on for a longer time and get the maximum fuel efficiency from the car. Amaze is already giving a tough fight to the established cars in this segment and Honda should start concentrating on the minor niggles and rattles being reported if they want to top the sales charts in this segment.
Old 20th October 2013, 18:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
. But after nearing 3 months i am now getting temporary rattling sounds from A pillars, will bring up in next service.
I had these irritating sounds from the A pillars since day one ( have reported it elsewhere ). Useless Dakshin Honda just wasn't able to solve it. Finally , Penninsular Honda in Mangalore got this fixed , they installed a piece of rubber packing to prevent this rattling sound. My CRVM still vibrates are certain rpms and that " khat - khat" sound from underneath the car when alighting from the car with handbrakes engaged is still there. I was told this is seen in all cars.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 18:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I had these irritating sounds from the A pillars since day one ( have reported it elsewhere ). Useless Dakshin Honda just wasn't able to solve it. Finally , Penninsular Honda in Mangalore got this fixed , they installed a piece of rubber packing to prevent this rattling sound. My CRVM still vibrates are certain rpms and that " khat - khat" sound from underneath the car when alighting from the car with handbrakes engaged is still there. I was told this is seen in all cars.
Thanks for the tip.
Can you tell more about "khat-khat" sound?
Old 20th October 2013, 19:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Park your car , engage the handbrake on a slight incline. And when you alight from the car , you will hear that sound from underneath. Try it in a slightly silent area.

CRVM vibrates at certain rpms.

Airbag covers / panels looked like they might come off anytime.

About the vibrating A pillars , so irritating were those sounds that I had looked at Pennisular Honda as my last resort. Would have sold off the car if they weren't able to solve it.

Dakshin Honda were just useless.
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:54   #38
BHPian

Hi Skyfire2892,

Congratulations on a brilliant product. I drove a friend's Amaze EX(D) recently on a 300 km trip and was floored by the car.

At the beginning I had all the apprehensions about the car regarding space, power, driveability, comfort etc but 10 minutes into the drive I had a stupid grin on my face.

The engine is SWEET. Ample power coupled with a really nice gearbox. Overtaking on the highway is nothing short of fun. So much so that I was hunting for slow-pokes on the road just so that I can downshift and feel that rush. The motor has more than enough poke to happily cruise at 120kmph+ all day long that too with the ECO light on. Roll-ons were fantastic too.

Handling was really good and it was nice to know that Honda dint skimp on giving a budget car a decent chassis. I did not like the stock MRFs too much though. Would highly recommend an upgrade to Michelins or Bridgestone Turanzas. The brakes were superb and on one panic braking situation I realised how well the ABS+EBD combo worked.

Space with two heavy built adults in the front was ok with elbows brushing a couple of time. Rear was quite spacious for a car this size. The front seats were really comfortable despite being wafer-thin.

I extracted an approx 20+ kmpl on the highway with the AC and the car doing 120+ majority of the times and that too with me caning it just for kicks.

Went offroading with her too on the hills and neither did she touch there nor on the stupidly huge speedbreakers on the highway. Just had to go slow over them and all was fine. Ride quality was better than what I expected considering its a Japenese and my City (OHC) is not the best of cars for ride quality.

NVH levels were initially a big shock since I am used to my City where you have to strain to even hear if the engine is running or not. I agree with you that the wheel-wells and the hood need insulation big time. The boot was quite spacious and gobbled up our stuff without any worry.

Some gaps on the EX were the lack of any internal adjustments on the ORVMs. It was ridiculous to roll down the windows and adjust the glass with my hands. I mean come on. This is not a Nano for crying out loud. No charging points for my gadgets was also an irritant. Also like a lot of others I was scared a bit by the 2nd gear when the car just starts gaining momentum even with your foot off the accelerator. Almost had to pounce on the brake to avoid rolling into the car in front in traffic a couple of times.

Fortunately I did not notice any vibrations or unwanted noises from the car.

Overall, I fell in love with the car. It is just a lot of car for the money you pay. No offence to anyone but I dont see any sense in buying a Rapid/Vento, Linea or Verna over the Amaze. This is just that good. What a lovely little gem from Honda. Just WOW.

I am seriously considering replacing my Corsa with the Amaze. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by narula123 : 22nd October 2013 at 10:56.
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Hi Skyfire2892,

Congratulations on a brilliant product. I drove a friend's Amaze EX(D) recently on a 300 km trip and was floored by the car.

At the beginning I had all the apprehensions about the car regarding space, power, driveability, comfort etc but 10 minutes into the drive I had a stupid grin on my face.

The engine is SWEET. Ample power coupled with a really nice gearbox. Overtaking on the highway is nothing short of fun. So much so that I was hunting for slow-pokes on the road just so that I can downshift and feel that rush. The motor has more than enough poke to happily cruise at 120kmph+ all day long that too with the ECO light on. Roll-ons were fantastic too.

Handling was really good and it was nice to know that Honda dint skimp on giving a budget car a decent chassis. I did not like the stock MRFs too much though. Would highly recommend an upgrade to Michelins or Bridgestone Turanzas. The brakes were superb and on one panic braking situation I realised how well the ABS+EBD combo worked.

Space with two heavy built adults in the front was ok with elbows brushing a couple of time. Rear was quite spacious for a car this size. The front seats were really comfortable despite being wafer-thin.

I extracted an approx 20+ kmpl on the highway with the AC and the car doing 120+ majority of the times and that too with me caning it just for kicks.

Went offroading with her too on the hills and neither did she touch there nor on the stupidly huge speedbreakers on the highway. Just had to go slow over them and all was fine. Ride quality was better than what I expected considering its a Japenese and my City (OHC) is not the best of cars for ride quality.

NVH levels were initially a big shock since I am used to my City where you have to strain to even hear if the engine is running or not. I agree with you that the wheel-wells and the hood need insulation big time. The boot was quite spacious and gobbled up our stuff without any worry.

Some gaps on the EX were the lack of any internal adjustments on the ORVMs. It was ridiculous to roll down the windows and adjust the glass with my hands. I mean come on. This is not a Nano for crying out loud. No charging points for my gadgets was also an irritant. Also like a lot of others I was scared a bit by the 2nd gear when the car just starts gaining momentum even with your foot off the accelerator. Almost had to pounce on the brake to avoid rolling into the car in front in traffic a couple of times.

Fortunately I did not notice any vibrations or unwanted noises from the car.

Overall, I fell in love with the car. It is just a lot of car for the money you pay. No offence to anyone but I dont see any sense in buying a Rapid/Vento, Linea or Verna over the Amaze. This is just that good. What a lovely little gem from Honda. Just WOW.

Hi, nice to see that you liked the car.
The diesel vx comes with Goodyear tyres and I don't feel a need to upgrade.
The E and EX model miss out crucial features like charging point and orvm adjustment. Though S version is on higher side but it still is quite most VFM model.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Hi Skyfire2892,

I sold my FIAT Linea TJET+ and bought this car :-). I am enjoying every moment.

I would say this car is more than VFM.

regards,
Prasanna
Old 27th October 2013, 01:25   #41
BHPian

Have any one I stalled the interior ambient lights?
How much does it cost?
Old 27th October 2013, 22:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Skyfire2892, I've gone through many Reviews from fellow BHPians but going through yours, it felt as if it was kind of an Official Review by the Mod team and seeing the number of posts, I was equally AMAZEd to learn that you're new Member! Kudos and Congratulations!

Further, can you tell where you got the 3D Mats from and whether they're prone to any premature wear and tear?
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 22:22   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Skyfire2892, I've gone through many Reviews from fellow BHPians but going through yours, it felt as if it was kind of an Official Review by the Mod team and seeing the number of posts, I was equally AMAZEd to learn that you're new Member! Kudos and Congratulations!

Further, can you tell where you got the 3D Mats from and whether they're prone to any premature wear and tear?
Thanks for appreciation. I actually went through reviews and ownership threads for the same.
The mats I got from a local dealer near my house. They don't have any wear and tear and are extremely durable. Many of my friends have commented on how well they are.

Edit- I didn't notice you are from Delhi. The shop is in Pitampura on the left side of Hotel city park. I forgot its name but if you reach in that area you'll hardly miss it as there are lot of cars standing near the shop and across the road. They provide all kinds of accessories.

Last edited by skyfire2892 : 27th October 2013 at 22:36.
Old 28th October 2013, 13:40   #44
BHPian

Congratulations on your Honda Ama-ze. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on your ride.
I recently TD'ed a spanking new Amaze VX and there were two negatives that i observed.
a. lacks top end punch. feels out of breath. maybe new car hence the problem.
b. honda should have addressed the cabin noise thing better. A little effort on their part would have done wonders.

There are major positives for which I think the Amaze is clocking 6k+ numbers consistently. This car is great to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. Big 100 ps engine coupled with tuning will endure excellent FE figures which most hatches will find difficult to match.

Does Honda provide Michelin's as OEM's for the Amaze ?

Also thanks for sharing your detailed observations and do keep your thread updated.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 18:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations on your Honda Ama-ze. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on your ride.

Also thanks for sharing your detailed observations and do keep your thread updated.
Thanks, I will keep the thread updated.

Quote:
a. lacks top end punch. feels out of breath. maybe new car hence the problem.
I'll have to completely disagree. Although I drive mostly in city I have taken the car upto 110 km/hr and didn't feel anything like that.
My friend, also owner of Amaze VX does daily highway trips and has done 6000+kms. He has taken car upto 150 km/hr and is very delighted with the performance. He also commented his friend's Figo, Dzire etc run out of power but Amaze is still soaring at high speeds.
Maybe the TD car had some problems(just guessing), you should try one more TD.

Quote:
b. honda should have addressed the cabin noise thing better. A little effort on their part would have done wonders.
They could have.

Quote:
Does Honda provide Michelin's as OEM's for the Amaze ?
No OEMs are Goodyear on top models and MRFs on lower ones.

Most Viewed