Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 11:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Flying 1st Class with an Italian beauty : Fiat Linea T-Jet

Man oh man....that is a immaculate Honda City. I was looking at it more than your new ride.

Here's the thing about the Linea T Jet, it is not the fastest car off the blocks if you compare it to the immediate competition. Fast isn't everything. What is the point if a car is going to wallow and make the driver nervous. It is in this area where the T Jet scores and scores by a long shot over the competition. This is strictly a drivers car. You don't buy a Linea for cabin space or the best appointments. It is for the full driving experience. No car has this straight out of the showroom. The excess weight is the one disadvantage. However; I feel this is what gives the car the composure that is unmatched.

Welcome to the family.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 12:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Many many congratulations Ravishankar and welcome to the club , look forward to reading more on your experiences with the car as we move along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
does your Music player comes with remote control..?,
Yes , they come with a remote control , if it has not been provided during delivery then call and yell at the dealer asap.
Old 19th October 2013, 09:59   #18
BHPian

I really enjoy driving this car and am slowly letting my right foot be a little heavy. As she has already crossed 3000 km am waiting for another 2-3 months in which the first service/ check-up is due at 5000 km. Then I can safely say that the running in period is over and can let her rip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Congrats For the awesome Car.
Very nicely written, yes the MID shows near accurate figures, true this Car brings smile on your face every time you hit the turbo, to be frank once you get used to Handling of this Car there is hardly any car below 20L can give this kind of pleasure the breaks , ride and Steering. And trust me keep her happy She will keep you happy for long.
I own a Punto so i know how badly i miss the Bottle holders, hope they will get in 2014 Cars.
How about the quality of Speakers, heard they have improved and does your Music player comes with remote control..?, As this is a big problem in earlier Cars as no one can change the tracks other than driver if songs are played via MP3 player.
Thanks man. Is there any available after-market solution for the bottle holders ? Please let me know if you guys find any. The music player in the car came with a remote.I guess i should hide it as i wouldn't want any one skipping or changing tracks while am enjoying them . I am not an audiophile and would not be right person to comment on the quality of speakers. As per me they do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Man oh man....that is a immaculate Honda City. I was looking at it more than your new ride.

Here's the thing about the Linea T Jet, it is not the fastest car off the blocks if you compare it to the immediate competition. Fast isn't everything. What is the point if a car is going to wallow and make the driver nervous. It is in this area where the T Jet scores and scores by a long shot over the competition. This is strictly a drivers car. You don't buy a Linea for cabin space or the best appointments. It is for the full driving experience. No car has this straight out of the showroom. The excess weight is the one disadvantage. However; I feel this is what gives the car the composure that is unmatched.

Welcome to the family.
Thanks man. I still love the City and miss her. That one will always have a special place in my heart. As i had mentioned in my first post, the trips to the local garage was increasing and i was not finding enough time to keep her in top shape. You need a lot of time at your disposal to take care of an old car. For me this was getting very difficult due to hectic working hours at office.
You are spot on with your comments on the Tjet. And that exactly is the main difference between the City and the Tjet. While the city was light and peppy it used to get scary at higher speeds whereas the Tjet is very composed and behaves exactly as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Many many congratulations Ravishankar and welcome to the club , look forward to reading more on your experiences with the car as we move along.
Yes , they come with a remote control , if it has not been provided during delivery then call and yell at the dealer asap.
I am enjoying the Fiat club now. Will surely try to maintain this thread with all the experiences that come with my Tjet. Hope you are enjoying TIzze !
Old 19th October 2013, 18:53   #19
BHPian

Congratulations Ravishankar on your acquisition. A Linea T-jet is a fantastic car to own, and more importantly drive. My elder brother was contemplating buying 1 for himself, but lack for dealers in Mumbai, (we have only one dealer in Mumbai), shy ed away from it, and he eventually ended up buying the City I-Vtec. Do keep us posted on your service experiences at the dealership. Honda, has set a benchmark in the market for giving the best after-sales service, We both can vouch for it. Do let us know, did you find any significant differences in both the brands, After-Service per-say.
Old 20th October 2013, 19:29   #20
BHPian

Congrats Ravi.

Linea by far is the most gorgeous & best driver's car in its segment.

When I was in market, had fallen in love with this beauty, only vitamin M was the constraint, so ended up buying its younger sibling Punto.

Wishing you happy & thrilling miles ahead.

Drive safe.
Old 24th October 2013, 12:19   #21
BHPian

Congratulations Ravi, Welcome to the Jet family wish you a happy miles and miles!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks