Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2015, 22:38   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post

Adi, I had told my SA that I won't be able to leave the car with them for two days just to check the battery. To this he replied that they will fix the service battery in my car and keep my original one till next sunday when I will be visiting them again. I hope there's no harm in this if he sticks to his word tomorrow?

They had given my car within 2 hours of battery swap. Since for me too, service center is 125 kms away. Hence I requested and on practically grounds, service manager instructed to release the car. They cannot expect you to come back two weeks in a row for a 2 mins job otherwise. The invoice will be sent later through email, which is fine, as it just records the warranty replacement, no charge will be taken. Coerce them to give the car back same day within reasonable time.
adi_petrolhead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 22:47   #2042
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Coerce them to give the car back same day within reasonable time.
Oh, I didn't know this. Thanks for letting me know and helping me out here sir. I'll request them to do the same.
Old 13th December 2015, 18:16   #2043
BHPian

My Octavia TDI (done 31K kms) is in Tafe Access service center for past 1 week as its water pump was leaking coolant. What is extremely frustrating is non availability of parts and Tafe guys claim part is dispatched by air but still needs 10 days to reach Bangalore from Aurangabad, not sure why they try to convince customers by such foolish statements instead of admitting parts is dispatched via road. Two months back its RHS suspension struct started to leak oil and it took 4 days to get it replaced, looks like I am getting taste of Skoda and its "amazing" after sales service.
Did a google search and looks like in TDI engines water pump failure is a common problem, so guys please watch out.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-screenshot_20151207192635.png
B747 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 07:36   #2044
BHPian

Took the car to Nawab Motors, Noida by starting it using a service battery and then affixing the original one. Had reached there in the morning only before the workshop opened and left my driver over there. I joined him around 12 pm and came to know that they have put the battery on charging. The SA and their manager were straight away asking for 2 days time citing that they had to follow the proper procedure for claiming the warranty and cannot provide me with a new battery till they get a go ahead from the warranty department which was closed Yesterday. The manager asked me to wait till 4 ,in case the battery gets charged, he would click some pics and put in a new battery. But time passed and the battery did not show full charge even till 4 pm. Ultimately, since I did not want to leave my car at the workshop, we decided that a service battery would be put in till next Sunday when I would be visiting them again for getting the new battery installed.
Old 17th December 2015, 12:09   #2045
BHPian

Recently I have started receiving message that Oil Change is due in 30 days... 29 days... and so on. I had received the car on 6th Feb. I am wondering how this oil change message is coming. Is it on the basis of actual oil left in the engine or on the basis of time of last fill. The car might have been manufactured in mid January and received by me in February 1st week.
Old 17th December 2015, 16:33   #2046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Recently I have started receiving message that Oil Change is due in 30 days... 29 days... and so on. I had received the car on 6th Feb. I am wondering how this oil change message is coming. Is it on the basis of actual oil left in the engine or on the basis of time of last fill. The car might have been manufactured in mid January and received by me in February 1st week.
The Oil reminder depends on your mileage and quality of oil. Oil quantity reduces ever so rarely. What is your odo reading? And I guess its almost about 300 days since you got your car. So thats absolutely normal.
Old 17th December 2015, 17:08   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
The Oil reminder depends on your mileage and quality of oil. Oil quantity reduces ever so rarely. What is your odo reading? And I guess its almost about 300 days since you got your car. So thats absolutely normal.
Thanks Adi. Quality of oil should not be a problem as my car has run only about 6k. Shall I wait till February 1st week or book 1st service in January?
Old 17th December 2015, 17:18   #2048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Adi. Quality of oil should not be a problem as my car has run only about 6k. Shall I wait till February 1st week or book 1st service in January?
You should follow your car's internal system since your running is too low. I usually get it changed every 13-14000 kms. I don't wait till exact 15000 kms. But my running is about 25000 km per year.
adi_petrolhead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 14:06   #2049
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone bought the original Skoda plastic boot dish (5k) or bi-face rubber + textile boot liners (6k)?

Sometimes end up buying plants on an impulse so would love a '3D' type mat which retains minor spillages and mud etc.
Old 11th January 2016, 17:51   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Has anyone bought the original Skoda plastic boot dish (5k) or bi-face rubber + textile boot liners (6k)?

Sometimes end up buying plants on an impulse so would love a '3D' type mat which retains minor spillages and mud etc.
I have rubber mate installed from local dealership. It is really of good quality should take care of minor spillages and mud.
Old 11th January 2016, 18:21   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
I have rubber mate installed from local dealership. It is really of good quality should take care of minor spillages and mud.

Hi buddy how much was it for and can you post pics?
Old 11th January 2016, 18:45   #2052
Distinguished - BHPian

Picking up a Kagu Maxpider set tomorrow.

Asked the dealer to check with Skoda for the OEM plastic boot dish costing 5k. Been 4 days without response. Assume Skoda is making one especially for me :-)
Old 14th January 2016, 09:13   #2053
BHPian

I had bought the rubber boot mat from the dealer. recently I also bought the boot netting system along with a door pocket garbage holder and a set of security wheel nuts from Skodadop.com in czech republic. they reached in about 15 days. Pretty satisfied with this dealer.
Haren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 11:23   #2054
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Haren. which dealer was it? Unsure why both are playing so coy about this now.

Hell, am waiting to pay ready money for a high-margin accessory and they aren't bothered. And Mr. Sudhir Rao wonders why Skoda is not increasing market share :-(
Old 14th January 2016, 18:05   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks Haren. which dealer was it? Unsure why both are playing so coy about this now.
This was from the KR Puram service center of Vinayak Cars about 6 months back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks