Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 02:45   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
That is sad Adi. I was expecting you to probably be the first owner of the new octavia on the forum. I just don't know why Skoda does this. A lot of people (including me) were willing to forgive them for their past mistakes if they were to show some signs of correcting it and getting things back on rail but they just refuse to give you a chance. They got the pricing wrong (i feel strongly so there might be others who don't share my feeling) and then they do this to the people who have pre booked the car. I have dropped my plan to buy it, i was put off by the price and now all these incidents makes me rethink my impression that Skoda was on the path of improvement. I have my doubts now. Somehow they just don't seem to be able to put it all together as a company
Don't get disheartened yet! Got a call from dealer this evening and was asked whether I want Black or Silver? I had booked a Beige color car. But since they offered me a delivery next friday 18th October, i jumped in and said yes to black! So finally i am getting my car next friday and i hope I will still be one of the first TSI owners on the forum !!
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 10:11   #242
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

This is pretty weird. The Chennai dealer claims that they would start delivery of the 1.8 tsi only from January. Apparently that's what Skoda has told them. I hope its not true !
Old 12th October 2013, 10:29   #243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Don't get disheartened yet! Got a call from dealer this evening and was asked whether I want Black or Silver? I had booked a Beige color car. But since they offered me a delivery next friday 18th October, i jumped in and said yes to black! So finally i am getting my car next friday and i hope I will still be one of the first TSI owners on the forum !!

Great! Looks like they are delivering the car. When my friend booked JMD was asked if Friday delivery was possible. They said yes but we never thought they would actually deliver. Last night, the car was delivered. So apparently Skoda is delivering the 1.8Tsi.

Maybe some dealers just need a push. Guys if you really want the 1.8tsi just push for it. I am sure Skoda is watching.

Last edited by navin : 12th October 2013 at 10:31.
navin is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 10:55   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_navin View Post
This is pretty weird. The Chennai dealer claims that they would start delivery of the 1.8 tsi only from January. Apparently that's what Skoda has told them. I hope its not true !
The Chennai Skoda dealer is not known to be honest. Please do a search in our forums, there is a thread dedicated to the travails of Chennai Skoda customers. Please take his words with a pinch of salt.
Old 12th October 2013, 11:30   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post

The Chennai Skoda dealer is not known to be honest. Please do a search in our forums, there is a thread dedicated to the travails of Chennai Skoda customers. Please take his words with a pinch of salt.
There is a sales representative in gurudev skoda , anna salai ( john/joseph/michael not sure of his name) do try to contact him. I had a very good experience with him personally. Took pains to explain all about the laura/rapid. And gave good advice regarding the new octy. You can contact him if you want any clarifications/favour. He will do all that is possible.
dr.surgeon1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 11:40   #246
BHPian

While at the Vinayak service center in Bangalore, I saw a couple of Octavias being readied for delivery, one of which was a 1.8 TSI DSG. I had a quick glance inside. The car is deceptively spacious compared to my 2011 Laura. However, I have to say that I didn't really feel tempted to upgrade. I agree with the earlier comments on this thread that current Laura owners might not yet be converts to the new Octavia, compelling as it might be
Old 12th October 2013, 12:16   #247
Team-BHP Support

Cross posting from the flat bed thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
And yesterday the brand new Octavia makes an entry to this thread. Was in HSR layout Bangalore and saw a brand new car on the flatbed. At first I thought it was a Superb but when it got close I realised it was a brand new Octavia. Ok, maybe for delivery. The tow truck guy stopped and I went and asked him why is the car on the flatbed?

Driver replied some coolant pipe leakage and the full coolant came out. Sure enough there was a pool of coolant below the car on the flatbed. I took a closer look and there was no damage on the skid plate at all.

Looking inside I saw it was the diesel manual Ambition trim.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20131011_175440.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 12:59   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I fail to understand Skoda's strategy. 1.8 TSI was promoted so well before launch, and was given a hefty price tag making it the flagship variant. My booking has now been withdrawn though. My dealer just confirmed that the factory is just not producing any TSI variants be it the 1.4 or the 1.8. Even base Active variants are not being shipped to dealers, just Ambition and Elegance at the moment with TDI motors. Dealer told me that the car will be delivered to me by end of december or early January 2014. This is ridiculous isn't it? Hence I just asked them to cancel my booking and refund the full amount paid as advance. Seriously Skoda, you had a chance to regain customer satisfaction and loyalty. I think you just lost that chance with the TSI goof up.
Absolutely agree with this. I was speaking to the Autobahn Prabhadevi guys and was very keen to buy the 1.8 TSI. Upto the launch date, they kept saying delivery would be by end october (maybe even earlier). When I went there on the launch date the sales guy said the 1.8 TSIs will be delivered only in January and that they will get their TSI test drive vehicle only in January!

Given the delayed delivery timeline, high price of the TSI (21.75L on road without extended warranty) and the discounts offered on the Superb (and the fact that it was available in 2-3 weeks time), I decided to upgrade to a Superb 1.8TSI Elegance. Paid a fair bit more but I think Superb is definitely a superior car.
Neonic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 19:31   #249
Senior - BHPian

Deliveries begin at SKODA outlet in Chennai (GURUDEV Motors)

Source: Gurudev Motors FB Page.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-1381665_390952484366887_1652189328_n.jpg
Old 12th October 2013, 20:31   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Delhi dealer told me the same thing. No deliveries of petrol cars before Jan.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 00:23   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Delhi dealer told me the same thing. No deliveries of petrol cars before Jan.
Got the same feedback in Gurgaon - only diesels are currently available.
Old 13th October 2013, 18:59   #252
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Spent time with this car today at a dealer near my home though he was technically closed. Decent bloke. Allowed me to fiddle a bit with the car.

I think it is a lovely car indeed.

The prices of all these cars though, have gone completely, staggeringly, mind-bendingly through the ceiling and the tiles above!

Wow! 24 odd lacs for the top variant with all the bells and whistles!

I am stupefied!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 19:22   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I am stupefied!
I couldn't have possibly explained myself better. I' d rather buy a used 3 series, will get a year and a half old for about that money, its only about time. And will i be surprised to see discounts of up to 1L and maybe more on Octavia after 6 months? Surely not.
Old 13th October 2013, 21:52   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonic View Post
Absolutely agree with this. I was speaking to the Autobahn Prabhadevi guys and was very keen to buy the 1.8 TSI. Upto the launch date, they kept saying delivery would be by end october (maybe even earlier). When I went there on the launch date the sales guy said the 1.8 TSIs will be delivered only in January and that they will get their TSI test drive vehicle only in January!
Autobahn Prabhadevi = a bunch of lazy dimwits. If you have no other option then go with these fellas. I had a long ordeal in buying a car from them back in July/Aug. If they promise you a delivery date add a month to it at the very least.
Old 14th October 2013, 13:50   #255
BHPian

I bought my Jetta CL 2.0TDI in July. I was very nervous about the upcoming Octavia, not knowing the pricing and the features but needing a car in July, i went ahead with the Jetta without waiting for news on the Octy. I have been avoiding reading reviews of the Octy. Having gotten comfortable with my Jetta and discovered its absolute riding pleasure over all kinds of roads I ventured into this thread.

Reading the reviews now, i am glad i didn't wait. I would still pick the same Jetta all over again, especially considering i had a great experience with my dealer. The rear-suspensions combined with the slightly higher GC and extra airbags for me makes the Jetta a significantly better buy than the slightly higher priced Octavia. I would not have had any hesitation at all picking the Jetta, so this comes as a massive relief.

To be fair, the Octavia is bigger and has extra bills and whistles in the form touchscreen central display, extra boot and so on but if i wanted features over a superior drive i would have gone for the elantra.

Thrilled!
RoadTrippin is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks