Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 21:41   #2851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polestar2016 View Post
Any updates on the AA issue, cause I also have started facing the same on my One plus 3 after upgrading to Nougat. In my case I don't get any error code its just the screen sometimes freezes or the unit screen goes black with no response to any touch inputs. Taking out and putting back the cable doesn't solve the problem. Appreciate inputs especially from the new owners.
I have just started using AA with my OnePlus 3T and it's a breeze to use. Will definitely update if I find any issues
nishithrao95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 23:19   #2852
BANNED

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Any updates on the AA issue, cause I also have started facing the same on my One plus 3 after upgrading to Nougat. In my case I don't get any error code its just the screen sometimes freezes or the unit screen goes black with no response to any touch inputs. Taking out and putting back the cable doesn't solve the problem. Appreciate inputs especially from the new owners.
The Android Auto issue in your case is most likely due to the OnePlus 3, they've just released a fix in the latest Open Beta release.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 23:25   #2853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
The deal was too good to let go. Here are some of the pictures of the car.
Hi nishithrao95,

I see multiple holes in the front bumper number plate area, was this a test drive car? If so did they offer any additional benefits along with discount.

Regards.
Old 7th June 2017, 23:32   #2854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi nishithrao95,

I see multiple holes in the front bumper number plate area, was this a test drive car? If so did they offer any additional benefits along with discount.

Regards.
Hi.
Nope This isn't a Test drive car. Personally checked every inch before PDI at the stockyard and a thorough VIN check. I believe it's for Number Plate mounting.
Old 8th June 2017, 01:14   #2855
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi nishithrao95,

Regards.
The Octavia comes with these holes from the factory for the number plate mounting.

Some more pics where the holes are visible - 1, 2.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 12:02   #2856

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The Android Auto issue in your case is most likely due to the OnePlus 3, they've just released a fix in the latest Open Beta release.
I just read there is a new version released 4.1.5. Lets hope it solves the AA issues. Still waiting for the upgrade to show up on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
And i am back with a few more upgrades on the car! Its a serious bug with these VAG cars! 2 of the upgrades are purely for aesthetics and 1 is a super functional one!

1st- The aesthetics

The rear of the looked a bit heavy to me with the black diffuser-ish inserts on the bumper and its a complete pain to clean and maintain on a daily basis.

Solution- ordered these rather smart aluminium look inserts (faux exhaust ala modern Mercedes ), which enhance the looks subtly in my opinion.
The inserts do look nice, like the new vRS. Can you let me know where did you order it from. Thanks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2017 at 13:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
Old 8th June 2017, 13:33   #2857
BHPian

Quote:
The inserts do look nice, like the new vRS. Can you let me know where did you order it from. Thanks.
The inserts, faux exhausts and the hood dampers were all ordered from Skodadop.com - received the package within 12-13 days!

Rohan
Old 12th June 2017, 13:16   #2858
BHPian

So i gave my car a much needed mid life make over. It's covered 55k kms after all. Got the rims changed to black although stuck with the original size. The roads this side of the country aren't very great and theres no point changing the dynamics of the car especially since I'm very satisfied with the stock setup.

The black rims have definitely changed the look of the car and now i'm looking to maybe get the covers for the side view mirrors changed too to black or maybe go in for a carbon fibre look 3m body film on it?? Whats the opinion people?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octavia-2.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octavia.jpg  

rugsrags is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 21:23   #2859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post

The black rims have definitely changed the look of the car and now i'm looking to maybe get the covers for the side view mirrors changed too to black or maybe go in for a carbon fibre look 3m body film on it?? Whats the opinion people?

Hey, car looks good with the black wheels. Did you actually get the new set of wheels? Why not paint them black? Mirror covers are available but again, it'll be cheaper to paint the current ones itself. You could also paint or wrap the front chrome grille to black to really complete the all black look. Cheers!
Old 13th June 2017, 11:49   #2860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hey, car looks good with the black wheels. Did you actually get the new set of wheels? Why not paint them black? Mirror covers are available but again, it'll be cheaper to paint the current ones itself. You could also paint or wrap the front chrome grille to black to really complete the all black look. Cheers!

Whoops, sorry for my wordings. It does sound as if I got my alloys changed.
Had sent the car for the alloy change but since the dealer is a friend of mine he suggested that he'd paint the alloys instead, since the design, etc is the same and it made no sense to spend so much, especially since the old alloys would be useless post the change.
He's ended up painting them to the same glossy effect as the original alloys and told me if I don't like it I can then change and put the original black alloys later.
At the moment though I'm pretty happy with the outcome of the paint job and about the cost, well we're friends, and it's been done free-of-cost for me.
Though I do know that otherwise it would cost around 10k, inclusive taxes to get four wheels painted black from the workshop.

Yes, I could look into the grill too thanks for the idea.

Note from Support: Post fixed for readability. Please don't use excessive dots while typing. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 13th June 2017 at 19:05. Reason: Post fixed.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 10:46   #2861
BHPian

Few updates on my Octavia TDI

The car has completed 11800kms in about 7 months and the mileage has settled at 13.5-14.5km/l for purely city drive with ac on 100% of the time. 80% of this is on the horrendous Noida-Gurgaon-Noida route.

The few issues i am facing is that the car at times idle at 1000 even with the AC switched off. with the AC on, it is normal with the TDI to idle at 1000 (tested on at-least 10 different TDIs at the dealership). Will take it up with skoda at the first service. The second irritating issue is a rattle coming from the right rear passenger seat and for the life of me, i don't know the source. Other than these two irritants, the car is a dream to drive.

Played around a bit more with VCDS and activated the following:

1. offroad information- completely useless but a fun to have feature

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_9422.jpg

2. Greenline score

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_9449.jpg

3. Also activated the sports display that shows the oil temp and boost but it is not being displayed in the screen. I think the software update should enable that. Working on it and shall update here if any progress is made in this regard.

While the car has PPF on the bumpers, in April i managed to rip a small piece off when i hit a stone while parking the car. I am not sure if this would help in preventing that but got it nonetheless- samurai rubber lip. And while i was at it, wrapped the grille black.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_9479.jpg

Excuse the dirty lip- this is post a wash
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_9480.jpg

This is how the side profile looks
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_9470.jpg
Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 22:40   #2862
Senior - BHPian

Can any one comment on the AC performance during summer of the TDi Octavia. This is the only concern I am having about this car compared to the Korean and Japanese competition.
Old 15th June 2017, 23:13   #2863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Can any one comment on the AC performance during summer of the TDi Octavia. This is the only concern I am having about this car compared to the Korean and Japanese competition.
The AC works pretty well. It definitely doesn't cool as fast as the Japanese in Kerala summers but it keeps the cabin cool even when the outside temperature hovers around 40 degrees. Apparently not as reliable too because at 57k kms, the compressor on my TDI packed up. I need to get it replaced under warranty next week.
joethomasv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 20:14   #2864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
The AC works pretty well. It definitely doesn't cool as fast as the Japanese in Kerala summers but it keeps the cabin cool even when the outside temperature hovers around 40 degrees. Apparently not as reliable too because at 57k kms, the compressor on my TDI packed up. I need to get it replaced under warranty next week.
Oh! That is a pity to know. Is the AC compressor along with the Auto Gear box and Battery one of the more failure prone parts of the Octavia or is this just a one of case. I wonder how much will it cost if bought out of warranty.
Old 17th June 2017, 09:10   #2865
Senior - BHPian

These are the most common parts that fail along with some of the others such as Water pump, fuel pump, diesel engine fuel injectors, etc. Out of warranty costs for AC failure is roughly 45-60K.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks