Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 16:35   #3796
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumesh_Jazz View Post
Thank you Vicky.

I am only happy and excited to share the details.

Can anyone advise me on the option for 5th and 6th year extended warranty as well as the Annual Maintenance Package? Is it advisable not to go for these now to avoid the initial cost?
Thanks for the info Sumesh and I completely agree on the sportiness factor Onyx brings along. I wonder why such colors (exterior and interior) are only a limited option for us in India. At least give the costumer the option - and let them choose!
And again, did I mention how cool is the all black interior - though it is little 'hemmed in' immediately after you sit in the L&K. By any chance did you find the roof of the Onyx to be a little lower or was it just me, due to the sunroof on L&K or because the seat on Onyx was set too high? I need another visit to the dealer to drool over

I am starting on the negotiation with the dealer and their very initial discounts are only for 50K (loyalty) and some on the insurance (I have asked for Zero-dep at least). I have asked the SA to make their quote 'much' better to tilt me more towards the purchase.

For the 5th & 6th year extended warranty - I believe this can be bought later, anytime before the end of 4th year. It however would be a little costlier than what it would be today - so it is a choice between an immediate peace of mind vs time value of money
For the Octavia maintenance package - it costs INR 44,444 - which is not a bad price at all. My yearly service for Vento TSI is around 10K a year. But the similar cost vs benefit scenario, as above, holds good here too.
However, I would leave the current owners to comment in a more informed way, as to what the per service cost do they incur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Come November 11, 2019 and you will see the new Octavia getting unveiled. I would suggest at least wait till then. Normally as is the case, after the facelift or new gen model is unveiled, current kits will be further discounted and possibly more features added to Style / Onyx trims to get the remaining cars off stock. Patience is key, my friend. I've waited 6 years to upgrade, and excited as to what Skoda has in store for us with the Octy-4.
Absolutely Adi! I was in no rush and my earlier plan to upgrade was only next year. So I am willing to wait for the next generation global unveil and honestly in all likelihood it shall have a more modern interior, probably better exterior design and all the other fancies (HUDs, better ICE, cooled seats etc.) However, all that could come at a cost which may be in the tune of 3-4 lakhs, considering discounts on current model and price increase on the next. Also, the fact that 1.8 TSI would be discontinued and the most probable petrol automatic for India shall be the 1.5 TSI instead of the 2.0 TSI - makes the equation further more crazy.

With a probable discontinuation of 1.8 TSI, I still hope Skoda honors all its warranties, part availability in the worst case eventuality. Any such examples of other popular models, be it across other companies?

Well, I think you win some & then you lose some!
vickyP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 17:08   #3797
Distinguished - BHPian

This article is confusing me! https://www.auto.cz/exkluzivni-jizdn...hybridy-131693

Discussion ongoing here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...testing-5.html (Next-gen Skoda Octavia spotted testing)

It JUST might be that the current stock-out is only to switch to the BS-VI engines for both the 1.8 & 2.0.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 17:29   #3798
Senior - BHPian

With the Onyx edition, Skoda never looked this tempting before! I think it would be great to wait a little longer and get it as the April 2020 deadline approaches!
Old 31st October 2019, 21:36   #3799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
Thanks for the info Sumesh and I completely agree on the sportiness factor Onyx brings along.
Thank you Vicky.

I will be visiting the dealership tomorrow to discuss regarding the extended warranty as well as details like vehicle identification number which I have not yet received from the dealership/Skoda. Can anyone tell me from where do one recieve the vehicle identification number after booking the car, from the dealership or directly from Skoda?

I will also be going for a pre delivery inspection probably on coming Monday. I have gone through the thread on PDI in team-bhp. The checklist provided is really useful and will be taking that along during the visit.

Can anyone advice me on where can I find the chasis number as well as the month and year of manufacture engraved in the vehicle in case of Octavia?

Thanks and regards,

Sumesh
Old 1st November 2019, 00:41   #3800

Quote:
Thank you Vicky.

I will be visiting the dealership tomorrow to discuss regarding the extended warranty as well as details like vehicle identification number which I have not yet received from the dealership/Skoda. Can anyone tell me from where do one recieve the vehicle identification number after booking the car, from the dealership or directly from Skoda?

I will also be going for a pre delivery inspection probably on coming Monday. I have gone through the thread on PDI in team-bhp. The checklist provided is really useful and will be taking that along during the visit.

Can anyone advice me on where can I find the chasis number as well as the month and year of manufacture engraved in the vehicle in case of Octavia?

Thanks and regards,

Sumesh
Last I remember, I think the VIN can be found on the lower corner of the windshield on the passenger side of the car.

Quoting from the VIN decoder thread (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
Quote:
"Manufacturer: Skoda

VIN Characters: 17 (beginning with TMB...)

Decode:

6th character represents the MONTH of Manufacture
10th character represents the YEAR of Manufacture

An Example:

If your 6th VIN character is G, then it represents the Month - July
If your 10th VIN character is A, then it represents the Year - 2010"
773.raviteja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 14:33   #3801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
By any chance did you find the roof of the Onyx to be a little lower or was it just me, due to the sunroof on L&K or because the seat on Onyx was set too high?
Sorry, I missed that point. I will definitely check that during my next visit to the showroom. I think, as you guessed it must be due to no sunroof in Onyx and the black interiors creating the effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 773.raviteja View Post
Last I remember, I think the VIN can be found on the lower corner of the windshield on the passenger side of the car.
Thank you. That link was of great help to decode the month and year of manufacture from the VIN.

Thanks,

Sumesh
Old 1st November 2019, 17:22   #3802
BHPian

Hi,
I have contacted the dealership for the Vehicle Identification Number (for the Octavia Onyx which I have booked in October) and they have provided the same. On decoding the VIN, it shows that the car was manufactured in August 2019. The Onyx variant was officially launched this year on 10th October. So is it ok/normal to have the month and year of manufacture recorded as August 2019 for the car allotted to me?

Sumesh
Old 2nd November 2019, 09:37   #3803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I have contacted the dealership for the Vehicle Identification Number (for the Octavia Onyx which I have booked in October) and they have provided the same. On decoding the VIN, it shows that the car was manufactured in August 2019. The Onyx variant was officially launched this year on 10th October. So is it ok/normal to have the month and year of manufacture recorded as August 2019 for the car allotted to me?

Sumesh

I think it's about right. When you do PDI there'll be a date sticker on the hood. That will be your exact assembly date.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 13:29   #3804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I think it's about right. When you do PDI there'll be a date sticker on the hood. That will be your exact assembly date.
Thank you. I will check for the same. Is the month of manufacture and that of assembly usually the same?

As per the sales agent, majority of the parts of Octavia are imported and they do the assembly in Aurangabad.

Sumesh
Old 2nd November 2019, 15:59   #3805
BHPian

Talked to a couple of dealers in Delhi about the Onyx edition launched last month.
Since it's a 'new' variant, not much discounts available compared to the earlier 'Style' variant.

The Sales Manager offered a maximum of approx 60K discount. If the extended warranty (5th & 6th year) is not opted, then a further amount of 55K can be reduced, leading to an on - road price (for individual) of about 23 lakhs.

Delivery promised is a maximum of 2 weeks.
Almetal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 18:40   #3806
Senior - BHPian

I believe the VIN is stamped when a chassis is manufactured. Assembly as you said happens locally so there will be a gap between both. A lot of parts in my car had a manufacturing date of March 2013. I took delivery on 1st November 2013. So I assume same goes for chassis production date and build date. Normally if they don't have the car in stock, and is being ordered for you, the build date will be within a month from the arrival date at the dealership, for Onyx may be lesser. Most recent purchase of mine was an Innova Crysta and it had a build date of just a week ago compared to my delivery date.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 21:49   #3807
Distinguished - BHPian

Generally 2 months from Mlada Boleslav to Aurangabad. Nice video below:

itwasntme is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 01:16   #3808

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-37df9d41754c473590eaacbddb57e6dc.jpeg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-eae79d3265fd4ac3b6e95722c9317b30.jpeg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-94edc6486fb14b0982b503718d3659ea.jpeg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-ca89418c33574b41bcf4bed98f614785.jpeg

Hello All,

Some pictures of the car before and after XPEL PPF.
cartographer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2019, 02:27   #3809

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartographer View Post
[
Hello All,
The car looks absolutely stunning!!
If possible can you please share how much did it cost for the PPF? Did you go for the entire car or only certain panels?

Last edited by ampere : 3rd November 2019 at 13:55.
Old 3rd November 2019, 07:13   #3810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartographer View Post
Hello All,
Nice look! Can you provide details of the product, please?

Last edited by ampere : 3rd November 2019 at 13:56.

Most Viewed