Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2019, 22:57   #4111
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Had another look at the pics you posted , the 3D Maxpider Kagu mats look great. But now they retail for 7.5K !!!
Congratulations in advance for your new car
My Tiguan now one month old and still I am confused with a good mat, the OEM mat from VW is really good. But at same time the usage of the car especially long trips make to think alternatives, which leads to either 3M Nomad or 3D kagu mats. I got a quote of 10k for (the Tiguan) 3D kagu mats.

Did you/other recent buyers consider 3M nomad, I read the review that life of it too short esp at driver side.
Mostly I end with either going with current OEM for some more time, until I get this dilemma clarified
lokii_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 23:46   #4112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had another look at the pics you posted , the 3D Maxpider Kagu mats look great. But now they retail for 7.5K !!!
I will think about them as my car is still at least around a week away from delivery.
Where did you find Kagu mats for Octavia? Can you please share the link?
Old 29th December 2019, 23:55   #4113

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
Please give me suggestions. Thank you all in advance. P.S all colors are still available to pick.
I suggest to take dealership promises with a pinch of salt. All the talk of 'speaking to Skoda' and 'all colors available' are gimmicks in my opinion. I doubt if there is any credence to this. I was told the same when I booked mine, but realized ~20 days later how hollow these claims were.

Please do not pay more than 50K booking amount. If they do not have discounts in Jan, they will not give it anyway.
Old 30th December 2019, 12:51   #4114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Came across this seller -

http://hottracks.in/product/skoda-oc...u-floor-liner/

PS: I have just booked a Blue Octavia 1.8 Onyx and so carefully checking out all the Octavia threads!
Old 30th December 2019, 13:53   #4115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
https://www.autotrends.in/3d-mat-for...ider-kagu.html
Here they are priced at 7.5K
Old 31st December 2019, 14:42   #4116
BHPian

I'm getting a deal of 22.75 all inclusive on road for the Onyx. Includes Skoda shield and 5th and 6th year extended warranty.

L&T quoted at 27 all inclusive, without negotiation. I was earlier inclined towards the L&T but the Onyx just makes such a compelling VFM case that I am now inclined to buy it. The difference in specs is really not much and I was never really keen on the sun roof to start with, as in my opinion, it's wasted in our weather.

Should I take it? Offer valid if I close deal today.

I saw the stock list and they have only 3 Onyx in stock. One white and two blue. The VIN shows Nov 2019 (VN19MY20).

I am based in Mumbai.
Old 31st December 2019, 14:51   #4117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauravTaneja View Post
I'm getting a deal of 22.75 all inclusive on road for the Onyx. Includes Skoda shield and 5th and 6th year extended warranty.

I am based in Mumbai.
I replied to your inbox before I saw your post! If you are in Mumbai, its a great deal. I think you should go for it.
Old 31st December 2019, 16:20   #4118
BHPian

Quote:

L&T quoted at 27 all inclusive, without negotiation. I was earlier inclined towards the L&T but the Onyx just makes such a compelling VFM case that I am now inclined to buy it. The difference in specs is really not much and I was never really keen on the sun roof to start with, as in my opinion, it's wasted in our weather.

I saw the stock list and they have only 3 Onyx in stock. One white and two blue. The VIN shows Nov 2019 (VN19MY20).

I am based in Mumbai.
If you are in Mumbai, it is a great price. In Delhi the best I could negotiate for an Onyx was 22.5L with everything included, and I am sure the RTO fee is higher in Mumbai, so it is even better than the deal in Delhi, which is such a competitive market. JUST GO FOR IT !!
Cheers !

Last edited by Timothy : 31st December 2019 at 16:23.
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 16:30   #4119
BHPian

Quote:
If you are in Mumbai, it is a great price. In Delhi the best I could negotiate for an Onyx was 22.5L with everything included, and I am sure the RTO fee is higher in Mumbai, so it is even better than the deal in Delhi, which is such a competitive market. JUST GO FOR IT !!
Cheers !
Thanks Timothy. However they want me to sign a letter saying my warranty starts from today and I will not ask for change in colour or model.
I'm Not sure I want to sign such an undertaking about the warranty. I don't know how long they will take to deliver the car.
Any body gone through something like that?
Old 31st December 2019, 16:42   #4120
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Timothy. However they want me to sign a letter saying my warranty starts from today and I will not ask for change in colour or model.
I'm Not sure I want to sign such an undertaking about the warranty. I don't know how long they will take to deliver the car.
You will get the car in about a week or max. 10 days time. (mine took about a week to arrive from the plant, from the day of paying the booking amount) They have to invoice it today in order for you to get this deal. I haven't yet taken delivery of my car and the warranty for my car also starts from today i.e. the date of invoicing. Most manufacturers are increasing the prices wef 1st Jan. Once they invoice the car then you may not be able to change the model or colour for sure. Hope this helps you in your decision.
Timothy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 16:48   #4121
AZT
BHPian

Quote:

Why dont you add a caveat saying warranty starts from today - assuming delivery by say Jan 20, 2020. If they are taking it from you in writing, it's only valid if they also keep up the date they have promised to deliver by.
Old 31st December 2019, 16:59   #4122

Quote:

I am based in Mumbai.
Hey, is this individual registration or corporate? I'm getting ~24.3 for the onyx on corporate purchase in Mumbai.
Old 31st December 2019, 17:28   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Why dont you add a caveat saying warranty starts from today - assuming delivery by say Jan 20, 2020. If they are taking it from you in writing, it's only valid if they also keep up the date they have promised to deliver by.
Did exactly that. Mentioned physical delivery has not been taken and that the management will deliver within 5-6 days of receipt of payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidm View Post
Hey, is this individual registration or corporate? I'm getting ~24.3 for the onyx on corporate purchase in Mumbai.
Individual. Corporate will be higher I guess.

Timothy/Praveen - I'm planning to go for a PDI on 2 Jan. If you like, we can all go together. I'm sure I'll benefit from the extra eyes and expertise that I lack

Last edited by Sheel : 1st January 2020 at 15:57. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 31st December 2019, 17:50   #4124
BHPian

Quote:

Timothy/Praveen - I'm planning to go for a PDI on 2 Jan. If you like, we can all go together. I'm sure I'll benefit from the extra eyes and expertise that I lack
I got contradicting statements from my dealership regarding my L&K enquiry. Initially I offered to pay some amount like 3lakhs upfront and take delivery next Month availing the offers of this month. They rejected it saying Skoda wouldn't agree for that and I'll have to pay 20 odd lakhs for that. Two days back I got a call saying I can go ahead and block the car by paying 3lakhs or 5lakhs. I found it very odd. So I thought of booking it in the next month beginning itself. I don't know what's gonna happen and by how much the discounts would go down by. Hoping there won't be any drastic changes.
Old 31st December 2019, 18:05   #4125
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Congrats !! Its a wise decision and a great deal !! But it will be a bit of a long journey from Delhi for the PDI !!
Don't worry , your car will be in excellent condition. Even I took the Skoda shield which includes the 5th & 6th year warranty but skipped the essential kit. But be rest assured you have got an amazingly great deal ! Have fun and celebrate the NY eve in style !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks