Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2020, 07:20   #4276
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

@Kray - machine looks crisp on it’s brown skin. I would say this impresses more than other colours. Indeed first of it on this skin. We are driving a Race Blue Onyx but am jealous😷
itssmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 09:09   #4277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Received the extended warranty certificate from Skoda.
Hi,

Would you mind sharing a pic of what this certificate looks like?

Reason for asking is, I didn't receive anything from Skoda on my 1.8 TDI purchase of May 2019. On asking the dealership, they have given just an invoice towards payment of extended warranty, but no certificate. The MySkoda app also shows "NA" under the extended warranty tab. If you could share a pic, and how to get the certificate, I'll get my showroom guys to give the same.

Thanks a lot, and wish you many happy miles!

Cheers,
R_S
Old 2nd February 2020, 17:32   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Hi,

Reason for asking is, I didn't receive anything from Skoda on my 1.8 TDI purchase of May 2019. On asking the dealership, they have given just an invoice towards payment of extended warranty, but no certificate. The MySkoda app also shows "NA" under the extended warranty tab. If you could share a pic, and how to get the certificate, I'll get my showroom guys to give the same.

Thanks a lot, and wish you many happy miles!

Cheers,
R_S
You have to follow up with the dealer and get it. You have remind them to update the details in MySkoda app also.

In my case, only after couple of reminders they updated the details. However, don't worry because they have the documents with them and it's just that they were lazy to update the app/ share it with you.

Attached the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-collagemaker_20200202_173009752.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd February 2020 at 12:35. Reason: Spacing fir improved readability
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:11   #4279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Hi,

Cheers,
R_S
Same as the one shared by Lambydude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
You have to follow up with the dealer and get it.
Surprisingly i didn't have to follow up with the dealer even once. He just sent it to me on email as soon as it came and even updated it on the Skoda app.
Old 6th February 2020, 11:58   #4280
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Octavia becomes the segment best seller in Jan-20 sales,

Name:  11.PNG
Views: 2223
Size:  38.4 KB

Source:Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 15:24   #4281
BHPian

I've finally taken delivery of My Octavia 1.8 L&K today in my preferred color! Would love to thank everyone on this forum for their prompt replies in guiding me throughout this process. I had not considered any other car and Octavia was my only choice. And it hasn't disappointed me. It's lovely ! And yes I've swapped out the Goodyear's for Michelin Primacy 4T right away. Attaching a few pictures as well
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20200207_141738.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20200207_105215.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20200207_105235.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20200207_130302.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20200207_130422.jpg  

Last edited by 1ManShow : 7th February 2020 at 15:25. Reason: Forgot to add a picture
1ManShow is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 13:16   #4282
BHPian

Congratulations Kray & 1ManShow for the respective new acquisitions, both in the same color..

The car looks stunning in this shade and not many seen on the roads.

I just had a 700 kms trip mostly on highways. Needless to say, fully enjoyed the great diving experience with the quiet petrol mill almost after 10 yrs & 1.6 L kms of fabulous yet noisy diesel.
Simply superb!

Wish you both many happy miles ahead !!
Dr.Vikas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 19:18   #4283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
I've finally taken delivery of My Octavia 1.8 L&K today in my preferred color! Would love to thank everyone on this forum for their prompt replies in guiding me throughout this process. I had not considered any other car and Octavia was my only choice. And it hasn't disappointed me. It's lovely ! And yes I've swapped out the Goodyear's for Michelin Primacy 4T right away. Attaching a few pictures as well
Congrats.. Welcome to the Octavians club. Colour is unique and will standout as not many such colours are on the road. All the best for Happy Miles.

How much did you pay for the Michelin tyres?
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 22:09   #4284
BHPian

We purchased a Skoda Octavia L&K 1.8 TSI last year which is now almost 6 months old and has run about 7000 KM. No fluids changed so far.

Today i noticed a strange sound on idle. Its difficult to describe it in words but its like a faint humming noise. I noticed it when the engine was at operating temperature and when the car was in Park (P). The noise is suppressed on even the slightest touch on the accelerator pedal but returns when the engine returns to its idling RPM. I highly doubt i could have missed this if it was like this from the beginning.
I shot these two videos from inside and outside the car that hopefully better describes the issue.

Request the members here to have a look and suggest if they have experienced something similar or any clues on the root cause.I will be heading to the workshop tomorrow; hope its something trivial.

Inside the Cabin:

Engine Bay with the hood open:

Old 9th February 2020, 01:02   #4285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Congrats.. Welcome to the Octavians club. Colour is unique and will standout as not many such colours are on the road. All the best for Happy Miles.

How much did you pay for the Michelin tyres?
Hey man ! I live in Chennai. I enquired with two tyre shops. One of them offered to buy back the Goodyears for 3500 while the other offered to take them for 5250. I had to pay an additional amount of Rs.13,000 for the Michelins.

Thank you so much for the wishes . Really appreciate it.

Last edited by 1ManShow : 9th February 2020 at 01:13. Reason: Forgot to add a few points
1ManShow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 00:45   #4286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
Today i noticed a strange sound on idle. Its difficult to describe it in words but its like a faint humming noise.

Hey, does the sound go off after the engine reaches operating temp that's about 100 degrees at the oil temperature? Check the oil temperature gauge in the instrument cluster, not the coolant temperature. Oil temp needs at least 8-10 mins to reach about 85-90 degrees. For me an optimal running temp is about 110 degrees consistently in any weather. I could definitely hear the sound you described over headphones. And have never heard it before. It also goes off abruptly as you turn off the engine in the second video. Make sure the guys at the service Center also hear the sound over headphones as it'll be clear in one go. There could be any reason at this point, need more info and your observations about the car overall since this sound started out. For eg AC is on or off? Has performance dipped? Engine oil level ok? Coolant level ok at cold start and warm temp at "max" and above "min" levels respectively? Any other input?
adi_petrolhead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 02:21   #4287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
There could be any reason at this point, need more info and your observations about the car overall since this sound started out. For eg AC is on or off? Has performance dipped? Engine oil level ok? Coolant level ok at cold start and warm temp at "max" and above "min" levels respectively? Any other input?

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

I get to drive the car only on weekends so it's a bit difficult to say if there's a drop in performance. Its driven daily though and others haven't felt any change.

I first noticed the sound a short while after the family returned from a highway drive. I also went for a short drive before checking for it again in the morning so i doubt it is because of the engine not being warmed up. This means that i can hear the sound even after say i have parked the car after a drive and then start it again.

I'll try to check the exact oil temperatures as well. The AC and fan was off when i tested this, haven't tried it with the AC on. Will check out the coolant temperate as well.

The engine oil was at the 45%-50% mark on the dipstick which seems to be normal if i go by the manual. I usually check it after after the car is back from a drive and has been allowed to sit turned off for a couple of minutes. This sometimes gives a different reading for the oil level(80%) so i am not certain if I'm doing it right. I had gone for a service camp 1000KM back and the engineers there found the level to be ok.

Not sure what else can/should be checked at this point. No errors shown on the intrument panel. The service center was closed so couldn't get their opinion on this. Hope its something trivial.
Old 10th February 2020, 12:14   #4288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

My vehicle is at TAFE being diagnosed for the F-LHS 'whine' and sunroof. Both have now been replicated by the technical team and they will replace the LHS driveshaft with another one and check first before moving on to other steps. The sunroof noise also they have experienced, and are assuring me they will fix it. Has anyone on the forum changed an Octavia driveshaft before? I don't think it is a common occurrence at all.
So did the replacement of the LHS driveshaft solve the issue ? I believe the sunroof rattle seems to be a regular occurrence in many cars after a while. What was done to rectify this issue ? Cheers !
Old 10th February 2020, 15:21   #4289
BHPian

My query is slightly off topic with the current active discussion on this thread. Just wanted to know if you are aware of the Brand, Model/make of the inbuilt infotainment system that comes along with:
1. 2019 Octavia Ambition
2. 2019 Octavia Style
3. 2019 Octavia L&K
4. The newer Octavia Onyx

I tried researching but still inconclusive. The brochure says

EQUIPMENT

Ambition: 16.51 cm Colour Touchscreen Central Infotainment System
Style / L & K: 20.32 cm Colour Touchscreen Central Infotainment System
Old 10th February 2020, 17:14   #4290
BHPian

Dear 1.8 TSI owners who purchased their car in the year 2016.

I'm (still) finalizing the purchase of a May 2016 (sale date) Style Plus variant for about 12 L in Delhi. Please do share the latest updates on your car. If you've faced any major issues or can help me with a heads up on what to look out for? From my research on this thread, I noticed that the frequency of DSG failures came down significantly between 2014 to 2016. However, I'm still a bit worried about service costs and reliability with the warranty for this car expiring in 3 months.

PS: Did a test drive of the said car in Oct 2019 and parked the purchase till I came across a car sold after Sep 2016 so that I could purchase the extended warranty. However, nothing has come up and the said car hasn't sold either.

Regards,

Amit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks