Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2013, 14:31   #571
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmonkey View Post
Thanks. Petrol. The 1.8 was too addictive to let go.
When is the expected delivery of the 1.8TSI?
Old 17th December 2013, 15:10   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmonkey
Just an update - Limited Rio red models have come to the showroom. Getting mine today.
I was expecting the red to look like the one fiesta has i.e the paprika red colour any way this colour looks sporty and surprisingly i find it elegant too. The black contrast on the roof compliments the colour. Congrats and happy motoring !!!
Old 17th December 2013, 15:13   #573
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Octavia : RIo red available

Quote:
Just an update - Limited Rio red models have come to the showroom. Getting mine today.
Congratulations! The red looks great. Any more new colours added, other than blue and red?
Old 17th December 2013, 15:15   #574
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your red rocket, mysticmonkey! The red is a surprisingly sporty one and I quite like it. It complements the 1.8 TSI's fiery nature well too! May the miles ahead be filled with smiles for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations! The red looks great. Any more new colours added, other than blue and red?
There's Metal Grey added too besides Race Blue and Rio Red. One colour I don't see mentioned often on here or otherwise is Cappucino Beige, I saw it in the showroom and it's a lovely color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Congratulations!When is the expected delivery of the 1.8TSI?
3 months is what's been quoted down here in Mumbai. I'm curious to know what figures are being bandied about elsewhere in the country.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th December 2013 at 21:20. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 17th December 2013, 15:31   #575
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia : RIo red available

Quote:
Limited Rio red models have come to the showroom. Getting mine today.
Congrats, the Octavia looks so much better in shades of Red & Blue. The same shade of Red i've also seen on an Audi A6, seems to be a recent addition.
Old 17th December 2013, 15:37   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
There's Metal Grey added too besides Race Blue and Rio Red. One colour I don't see mentioned often on here or otherwise is Cappucino Beige, I saw it in the showroom and it's a lovely color. 3 months is what's been quoted down here in Mumbai. I'm curious to know what figures are being bandied about elsewhere in the country.
I booked around December 3 and had given a colour option for white. I was told 8-10 weeks but then the red came in. There is another red in stock along with a white silver and beige. All ambition I think. If anyone wants a lead on them please drop a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
My 1.8tsi has run almost 1000km of delhi traffic with 2 one hour stop-go jams, and giving 11km/lt and this when being run in. Which ain't that bad considering my sx4 gives me 10km/lt, you made the right choice. Also be very gentle with the car, I can very positively observe that the more mileage you log on the more responsive this car becomes, try to avoid the temptation to hit greater noida/yamuna expressways till you run in the car
I'm close to both but will curb the instinct . A light foot bodes well. My city gave me 14-15 consistently.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th December 2013 at 21:21. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 17th December 2013, 15:41   #577
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Yup, Ambitions are a bit more easily available. I was offered my choice of color by JMD Skoda this very morning if I wanted a TDI Ambition right away. Not sure if that choice extended to blue/red though, I didn't ask as I didn't want to get the sales guys hopes up.

Great to see you got yours in 2 weeks, you are one lucky guy! BTW, any word on the extended warranty besides "It'll be launched next year"?

Last edited by iliketurtles : 17th December 2013 at 15:43. Reason: typo :(
Old 17th December 2013, 16:41   #578
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

3 months is what's been quoted down here in Mumbai. I'm curious to know what figures are being bandied about elsewhere in the country.
I have been quoted a waiting period of 3 months as well here in Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. I have not yet booked mine. I am waiting for some clarity on extended warranty before booking. I have made up my mind to have the extended warranty along with the car.

Last edited by graaja : 17th December 2013 at 16:43.
Old 17th December 2013, 16:46   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whoaao!! mysticmonkey, this red color has the potential to look like the hottest sedan in India. Many congratulations and do post a detailed review.
Old 17th December 2013, 16:58   #580
BHPian

One small suggestion, I upgraded my tyres right on delivery to goodyear gsd3 205/55 16, i know the tyres are a little passe but had a very good experience with them earlier. But now I feel should have gone for a size up itoo in view of Indian highway conditions where the undulations unsettle even the best of cars & tyres. So if you can compromise a little on FE, then 215/60 16 should be great, plus it wouldn't cost your pocket much right now.
Old 17th December 2013, 18:44   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Yes it does, esp in that VRS trim with a lowered stance, wide low pro tyres and those gorgeous alloys!
Those are the 18" ‘Gemini’ anthracite alloys that come with the VRS in UK. Look too good.
Old 18th December 2013, 00:05   #582
BHPian

Thank you all for the wishes. Its been a long day but it feels Awesome.

Quote:
Yup, Ambitions are a bit more easily available. I was offered my choice of color by JMD Skoda this very morning if I wanted a TDI Ambition right away. Not sure if that choice extended to blue/red though, I didn't ask as I didn't want to get the sales guys hopes up.

Great to see you got yours in 2 weeks, you are one lucky guy! BTW, any word on the extended warranty besides "It'll be launched next year"?
The ones I saw were all ambition. I'm told its part of the 'compulsory' quota. Extended warranty will come around Jan Feb together with details on the service plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Whoaao!! mysticmonkey, this red color has the potential to look like the hottest sedan in India. Many congratulations and do post a detailed review.
Much thanks. detailed review is due. On my 1l+ journey with the City and now the octavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
One small suggestion, I upgraded my tyres right on delivery to goodyear gsd3 205/55 16, i know the tyres are a little passe but had a very good experience with them earlier. But now I feel should have gone for a size up itoo in view of Indian highway conditions where the undulations unsettle even the best of cars & tyres. So if you can compromise a little on FE, then 215/60 16 should be great, plus it wouldn't cost your pocket much right now.
I am a little finicky in these things Saurabh. Like to keep things as original as possible. I have heard the car is undertyred, but when you are over-budgetted, you have to live with under-tyred.
Old 18th December 2013, 01:00   #583
BHPian

Re: Auto-lowering of sideview mirror while reversing

I have been trying to set the memory setting for the side-view mirror while reversing. Have not been able to crack it. The mirrors stay in the normal position. Anyone knows how it is done? I have tried the procedure in the manual but that does not seem to work.
Old 18th December 2013, 05:50   #584
BHPian

Quote:
I have been trying to set the memory setting for the side-view mirror while reversing. Have not been able to crack it. The mirrors stay in the normal position. Anyone knows how it is done? I have tried the procedure in the manual but that does not seem to work.
Slot it to reverse and then adjust the mirrors. When in D, the mirrors go back to their normal position. And every time you go into reverse the mirrors go to the position you set when you were in reverse.

This is how it works on mercs, but just give it a try. It might be the same.
Old 18th December 2013, 07:32   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmonkey
Ok you could try this method, I use the same in my Laura and hope it works for the Octavia too. Just select the mirror u would want to make changes first, after you have made the desired changes press the memory setting button 1,2 or 3 and immediately press the SET button. Plz keep pressing the SET button until you hear a beep . Once you hear a beep sound your setting has been saved. To cross check change to some other position and press the desired memory setting button and check whether it appears to the desired position. Good luck. Happy motoring. A small request could you please post some more pics of the car, they are like eye candy !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks