Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2014, 22:48   #976
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Hi guys I am new to this forum. Posting a pic of my ride. hope you guys are enjoying every bit with your OCTAVIAS!!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octy.jpg  

Akshay89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 08:48   #977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay89 View Post
Hi guys I am new to this forum. Posting a pic of my ride. hope you guys are enjoying every bit with your OCTAVIAS!!
The car looks beautiful. And the headlamps give it a "DONT MESS WITH ME" look.
Even I had booked a White Octavia. But the delivery date issues forced me to cancel the booking and as is the norm went for a white HL Jetta TDi.

Wishing u thousands of joyous miles with this beauty.
Drive safe!
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:26   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations on your new Octavia. Looks stunning.
Since you are in Hubli itseems, how many days was the waiting period?
Also is this the 1.8 tsi or 2l diesel?
this seems to be main reason why many are forced to buy Jetta
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:56   #979
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks beautiful. Wishing you thousands and thousands of safe, trouble free and fun filled miles. The headlamps look mean. With the AFS, the headlamps are very advanced and should be fun to use! Is this a 1.8TSi or 2.0TDi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas.sudhish View Post
Even I had booked a White Octavia. But the delivery date issues forced me to cancel the booking and as is the norm went for a white HL Jetta TDi.
Quote:
Absolutely true graaja! Have been going through the same emotions you went through. Finally after mustering up enough will power decided to let go off the Octavia 1.8TSi and went ahead to book a VW Jetta TDi highline.

Vinayak Skoda had no idea to when they could deliver the Octavia. It had been two months that I booked the car. They couldn't commit to a delivery in the next two months either as they were hardly getting one petrol Octavia per month ( I was 10th in the booking list as per the manager ). Hence there was no sense holding on to the booking anymore.
Sorry about the late reply. Welcome to the Jetta club! IIRC, you are the third (iliketurtles and I are the others) to migrate from an Octavia 1.8TSi to Jetta Diesel. Though you are definitely loosing on some features like the power and smoothness of the 1.8TSi + DSG7 combo, fresh looks, sunroof etc, you are equally gaining a lot of things in Jetta; more reliable 6 speed wet clutch DSG, very refined diesel engine, better mileage, higher resale value of the diesel, possibility to remap to 177bhp / 380Nm torque, comparatively better A.S.S than Skoda etc. What is your experience with the car so far? Do share your experience in the Jetta thread.

It's a pity that Skoda is not yet successful in the supply chain management of the petrol (and high trim diesel) Octavias. Hope they do something soon lest more customers drop the Octavia and go the Jetta way. Or maybe they are deliberately restricting the deliveries to boost the brand value!!
Old 24th April 2014, 13:05   #980
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Black Octavia on road couple of days back. Must say that it is not a imposing (read taller) as the older Octavia (1st Gen in India)... was seemingly getting lost in crowd of smaller sedans.
Old 24th April 2014, 14:35   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Or maybe they are deliberately restricting the deliveries to boost the brand value!!
If that is the strategy then it seems to be failing with you (and many others seemingly) going for the Jetta. And the general public (you can see the March car sales thread) starting to think that the excitement has died down and the Octavia is a dud.

Really don't know what is wrong and when the production/supply issues will be sorted.

Giriraj Auto Sales Person was telling me the other day that "all Octavia delivery problems will be resolved by May". Taking it with a pinch of salt. May is just another week away, lets see what magic happens then.
manu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 18:01   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
If that is the strategy then it seems to be failing with you (and many others seemingly) going for the Jetta. And the general public (you can see the March car sales thread) starting to think that the excitement has died down and the Octavia is a dud.
Cars in D1 segment don't sell in 1000s they are always in few hundreds only and 200+ is not a bad number at all.
Old 25th April 2014, 00:35   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase. Wishing you a happy and safe journey with the beauty.

Quote:
The car looks beautiful. And the headlamps give it a "DONT MESS WITH ME" look.

Wishing u thousands of joyous miles with this beauty.
Drive safe!
When will Skoda understand that this attitude will not help their cause much ( not that it will hurt them, being of the same group, but still)

Congrats on your new acquisition, enjoy and drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post

Despite my repeated requests, nobody has been able to manage time to upload an ownership review. People like me will be severely benefited from such a review.

Can somebody try to manage the time to upload an ownership review?

PS: Please do not offer 1/2 paragraph general comments section. I don't think that helps me much
Well, your wish is my command, my thread is almost complete, should be out of the assembly line tomorrow in most probability . Did manage to click some pictures today which were holding back the thread.
Old 26th April 2014, 14:37   #984
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia : Technical Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmonkey View Post
I sent my car in for the 7500 KM free check up and service. I had also requested the service advisor to check the sun-roof rattling as well as a noise that was coming from the driver's side-view mirror every time it opened and closed.

I have been informed that Skoda has issued technical updates for the sun-roof issue and the side-view mirror issue which includes addition of some parts. This is being done under direct supervision of Skoda India which requires the car to be left for a day at the work-shop. Since Skoda is shut on Saturday and Sunday, the car will be taken on Monday for this purpose.
What update for the addition of parts? I took my car to the service center yesterday and asked them if there was any information for the same and they had no clue. All they did was apply a spray on the side view mirror opening closing mechanism and on the sun roof. Have asked them to check and contact skoda though and they were like incase something comes to their knowledge they'd definitely get in touch on their own.
Old 26th April 2014, 14:46   #985
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia : Technical Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
What update for the addition of parts? I took my car to the service center yesterday and asked them if there was any information for the same and they had no clue. All they did was apply a spray on the side view mirror opening closing mechanism and on the sun roof. Have asked them to check and contact skoda though and they were like incase something comes to their knowledge they'd definitely get in touch on their own.
Well since the car has to be sent in during a weekday, I have not been able to send it back. The issues are endorsed on the invoice so I will be getting it done shortly.
I had requested the service advisor to do just that but was told that Skoda has said no unscheduled work should be done on the new Octavia without running it through Skoda.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the service experience. *touchwood*
Old 26th April 2014, 18:37   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Many congratulations on your new Octavia. Looks stunning.
Since you are in Hubli itseems, how many days was the waiting period?
Also is this the 1.8 tsi or 2l diesel?
this seems to be main reason why many are forced to buy Jetta
Thank you Nikhil for your wishes. Yes the car looks absolutely stunning. The waiting period is around 3 months. I had booked it in December got the delivery in 1st week of March. Got to say the most painful part of owning a car is the waiting period and three months is big time. Its 2L diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Looks beautiful. Wishing you thousands and thousands of safe, trouble free and fun filled miles. The headlamps look mean. With the AFS, the headlamps are very advanced and should be fun to use! Is this a 1.8TSi or 2.0TDi?
Thank you Graaja. Yes the headlamps with AFS are awesome and are fun to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Wishing you a happy and safe journey with the beauty.
Than you Abhinav, wishing you the same.Yours is a 1.8 Tsi or 2.0 Tdi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
My Ownership Thread is now Live!

Here's the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148302
I was eagerly waiting for someone to come up with an ownership thread soon, but some how I am not allowed access to this particular page. Any idea why? and can someone let me know how can the OVRMs be closed while on the go?

Last edited by manson : 26th April 2014 at 19:17.
Old 26th April 2014, 19:24   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea why? and can someone let me know how can the OVRMs be closed while on the go?
OVRM can be folded by turning the rotary ovrm adjustment knob on the driver door , turn it clockwise still it stops,its last position is to close the mirrors.

Last edited by B747 : 26th April 2014 at 19:29.
Old 26th April 2014, 19:49   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was eagerly waiting for someone to come up with an ownership thread soon, but some how I am not allowed access to this particular page. Any idea why? and can someone let me know how can the OVRMs be closed while on the go?
The thread was moved to assembly line for some minor changes. shall be moved soon ( maybe tonight )
Old 27th April 2014, 03:06   #989
Senior - BHPian

You can find the thread now at The Pari Returns in a new Avatar - Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance A/T
Old 29th April 2014, 11:14   #990
BHPian

Hello,
Guys the perfect upgrade from the Octavia VRs Mk1 would have been the new Octavia VRs Mk3, with its 2L TFSI petrol and 220 horses would have been brilliant.
Any idea if Skoda has any concrete plans to launch this model in India? Anyone with insider info ..please share
i just wish they launch the new VRs with manual gear shifts
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks