Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 14:09   #1486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Thanks a lot for the info Adi. I have converted my booking of the 1.8 tsi to the zeal edition of the same. So its cappuccino beige with black interiors. 1.8 tsi Elegance. Have to wait two more weeks for it. Definitely worth the wait since I am definitely not a fan of light colored interiors.

Congratulations! But I thought it's available only in silver or white. How come you got cappuccino beige?
Old 10th March 2015, 14:50   #1487
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Congratulations! But I thought it's available only in silver or white. How come you got cappuccino beige?
The customer relations manager said it can be made available in beige. But now since you said, I also double checked the web. It only shows silver and white. So he is going to get back to me and confirm. If the beige is not available with black interior, i will go for the silver. The interior here gets priority.
Old 10th March 2015, 17:06   #1488
BHPian

Beige exteriors with full black interiors may not look very good. Kind of seems to be an odd combination. Since you can't see it in person, I think you should probably think about it
Old 10th March 2015, 18:41   #1489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Beige exteriors with full black interiors may not look very good. Kind of seems to be an odd combination. Since you can't see it in person, I think you should probably think about it
Personally, I think it would look great! In fact, the Cappucino Beige exterior and beige interior is sort of a mismatch if you ask me. If you give the Cappucino Beige exterior a few black accents (roof, mirrors, etc), it will go very well with an all-black interior.

I hope they make the all-black interior available on the red and the blue. IMO, these colours need it more than any other.
Old 10th March 2015, 19:10   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Thanks a lot for the info Adi. I have converted my booking of the 1.8 tsi to the zeal edition of the same. So its cappuccino beige with black interiors. 1.8 tsi Elegance. Have to wait two more weeks for it. Definitely worth the wait since I am definitely not a fan of light colored interiors.
All the info that others have provided above mentions ZEAL variant only with white and silver exterior options so how have you managed one in cappuccino beige? Please someone tell me that the black interiors are also available in other colours, I cannot decide between a Black or Race Blue exterior only because I feel the blue exterior and beige interior do not match. Race Blue exterior and Black Alacantra interior would be just brilliant.
Old 10th March 2015, 19:24   #1491
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Race Blue exterior and Black Alacantra interior would be just brilliant.
Agreed. I personally feel the race blue shade with black interiors would be a really nice combination. Not sure about the faux wood trims though. Might look a bit gaudy IMO. They should have offered the paddle shifts with this launch.
Old 10th March 2015, 19:55   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Nah. It would look great personally in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Personally, I think it would look great! In fact, the Cappucino Beige exterior and beige interior is sort of a mismatch if you ask me. If you give the Cappucino Beige exterior a few black accents (roof, mirrors, etc), it will go very well with an all-black interior.

I hope they make the all-black interior available on the red and the blue. IMO, these colours need it more than any other.
See. Exactly what I had in mind. Infact I shall give mine the above treatment with an all black roof, black mirrors, black door protection strips and small red accent strips on the rear diffuser. I have also ordered tsi emblems that were actually made for the seat handle with red coloured TSI engravings in a silver peice of metal, but I shall put them outside on the front fenders, where the earlier indicators were in older octy, to give it that TSI label. As for the color of the car, the bubble has burst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
All the info that others have provided above mentions ZEAL variant only with white and silver exterior options so how have you managed one in cappuccino beige? Please someone tell me that the black interiors are also available in other colours, I cannot decide between a Black or Race Blue exterior only because I feel the blue exterior and beige interior do not match. Race Blue exterior and Black Alacantra interior would be just brilliant.
They got back with a confirmation a while back and the factory has specified that it will only come in white and silver. So i had to choose the silver as Black interior is my priority. So looks like no other color to get the zeal treatment. However, since this is a limited run celebrating the Skoda anniversary, Im glad it will be limited to a few numbers or time period as it will help create that stand out touch, since the car is gaining popularity now. Ive begun seeing many on delhi/gurgaon roads in the past few days. But again, I am glad this variant came out before I got my car. Phew!

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 10th March 2015 at 20:00.
Old 10th March 2015, 21:25   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Skoda is unveiling new variants for all its models. They're apparently called the Zeal variants, I hope there are no ugly badges on the car exterior or interior, but the kicker is, wait for it, "BLACK ALCANTARA LEATHER INTERIOR".
Wow! It looks amazing. Those Alcantara Seats + all black trim completely lifts the interior into a different league altogether. All you need to do is cover that wooden bits in piano black or brushed aluminum shade. The new Octavia is gorgeous inside out now.

Here are some pics from the official site.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-chromepackage.jpg
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-1octaviafeaturesshotsseats.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 23:04   #1494
BHPian

Well a friend has just taken delivery of a silver Octavia. The dealers though take us to be fools. He sold the car saying its a special piece and a cbu import that is part of a few cars brought in by skoda. I did clarify the situation though.
I love the black interiors though. What with the updates to the horn lights and now the interiors I'm feeling let down with my octavia even though it's nearly a year old now. Insurance expires in 2 days! 44955 is the amount quoted by the dealer for renewal though I'm planning on renewing with my insurance company since I see no extended warranty offer as yet.
Old 11th March 2015, 01:46   #1495
BHPian

Guys would appreciate you'r opinion !

I am planning on upsizing my alloys to 17". Do you guys think this is a good idea? I am getting greedy and thinking of 18"'s !! How about that?

I got in touch with Pete's ! They have given me three options. I tried out the wheelsimulator on the wolfrace website, attaching pictures of the same. Attaching pictures of the other Alloys that they can provide.

Also if someone could suggest a good Brand/ Make of Wheels for the rims.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-vermont_wolf_design_wheels.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-cw1rad_black_polished.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-design-fs-exapeel_weiss_rgb.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-fsblk.jpg  

Old 11th March 2015, 08:16   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
I see no extended warranty offer as yet.
I just booked an Octavia TSI. I have been offered the extended warranty, so I suggest you recheck this. My estimate from the dealer in Delhi reads 16k that I am being charged for the extended warranty.
Old 11th March 2015, 09:09   #1497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkaran View Post
I just booked an Octavia TSI. I have been offered the extended warranty, so I suggest you recheck this. My estimate from the dealer in Delhi reads 16k that I am being charged for the extended warranty.
You booked a 1.8 TSI DSG or 1.4 6MA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Guys would appreciate you'r opinion !

I am planning on upsizing my alloys to 17". Do you guys think this is a good idea? I am getting greedy and thinking of 18"'s !! How about that?

Also if someone could suggest a good Brand/ Make of Wheels for the rims.

Honestly I didn't like any of the designs, they're too basic from the available designs out there. As you might have seen on many websites, Borbet is much easily available here and I think you should scan through the designs more.
Also I just saw, that superskoda.com has started selling and shipping OEM alloys worldwide. Can you go the site and check out the OEM design VRS Extreme wheels? It's about £1000 for 4 wheels, while there are cheaper options available too on the site. Just go through. By this method you'll be able to upgrade the design and maintain the quality of the wheels too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Well a friend has just taken delivery of a silver Octavia. The dealers though take us to be fools. He sold the car saying its a special piece and a cbu import that is part of a few cars brought in by skoda. I did clarify the situation though.
I love the black interiors though. What with the updates to the horn lights and now the interiors I'm feeling let down with my octavia even though it's nearly a year old now. Insurance expires in 2 days! 44955 is the amount quoted by the dealer for renewal though I'm planning on renewing with my insurance company since I see no extended warranty offer as yet.

Do you mean to say that your friend got a Zeal variant already? Is the dealer not aware of the fact that it was 20,000 dearer? Absolutely stupid on their part. Anyway, pls click some photos of your friend's ride and let the confusion be removed, about the actual interior trim. The website is nothing but confusing with two separate pictures for the front and rear. As far as insurance goes, you should definitely get it done from your agent and not the dealer. You'll get better discounts from your agent. As far as extended warranty goes, it's released officially under Skoda Shield, I know this information since 4 days now but did not publish because I was not confident if my dealer is actually correct. But since I have sent them the cheque and everything, I will receive the warranty booklet in a couple of days more. Now they charged me 21000/- approx for the 2 year extended warranty and there is no clarity on the calculation of such amount. But mine is Elegance and AT DQ200 hence I think the amount will be higher than the other models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Wow! It looks amazing. Those Alcantara Seats + all black trim completely lifts the interior into a different league altogether. All you need to do is cover that wooden bits in piano black

I really hope they're not using wood, instead brushed aluminium or all black in piano finish!
Old 11th March 2015, 12:16   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkaran View Post
Yes Skoda launched extended warranty, yesterday I got a call from my dealer regarding this. It is 20906Rs for petrol vehicles and 22565Rs for diesel and no difference based on variants as DSG,BiXenon, Sun roof etc are not covered under it.
B747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 13:38   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Yes Skoda launched extended warranty, yesterday I got a call from my dealer regarding this. It is 20906Rs for petrol vehicles and 22565Rs for diesel and no difference based on variants as DSG,BiXenon, Sun roof etc are not covered under it.
DSG is not covered? Do you have any email from the dealer stating the same? I did not confirm anything from my dealer I was too excited that finally its launched! When I got it for the Laura I confirmed and they said the same warranty is carried on for another two years. I am not worried about the sunroof or xenon lights, they hardly go wrong, I dont need warranty for a thing that costs 50,000 to replace entirely. But the Gearbox, it costs a cool 6.5 lacs to replace fully, and the mechatronic unit about 1.5 lacs if replaced sans the gearbox, separately. As per views of fellow bhpians, I am some what secured from a gearbox malfunction since I am driving the car 99% on the highways. But it has to be covered under extended warranty. If not, time to write to Skoda factory again. At least they will have to accept and give me in writing that if any failure occurs, goodwill warranty will apply to DQ200 boxes. DQ250 is not very much prone to failures as far as I know.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 14:35   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
DSG is not covered? Do you have any email from the dealer stating the same? I did not confirm anything from my dealer I was too excited that finally its launched! When I got it for the Laura I confirmed and they said the same warranty is carried on for another two years. I am not worried about the sunroof or xenon lights, they hardly go wrong, I dont need warranty for a thing that costs 50,000 to replace entirely. But the Gearbox, it costs a cool 6.5 lacs to replace fully, and the mechatronic unit about 1.5 lacs if replaced sans the gearbox, separately. As per views of fellow bhpians, I am some what secured from a gearbox malfunction since I am driving the car 99% on the highways. But it has to be covered under extended warranty. If not, time to write to Skoda factory again. At least they will have to accept and give me in writing that if any failure occurs, goodwill warranty will apply to DQ200 boxes. DQ250 is not very much prone to failures as far as I know.
Dealer said so when I asked about extended warranty cost difference between variants (no cost difference as those items are not covered), I am also bit surprised if Skoda is doing that. Looks like we have to do detailed analysis on what all are covered under this extended warranty.

Most Viewed