Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2015, 15:00   #1501
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Dealer said so when I asked about extended warranty cost difference between variants (no cost difference as those items are not covered), I am also bit surprised if Skoda is doing that. Looks like we have to do detailed analysis on what all are covered under this extended warranty.
I have not got the warranty booklet yet! According to the dealer it has not been issued by Skoda to them yet. Will follow up on the terms and conditions once I receive it.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 15:25   #1502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I have not got the warranty booklet yet! According to the dealer it has not been issued by Skoda to them yet. Will follow up on the terms and conditions once I receive it.
I am also waiting for mine. It has been more than a month since I received the car.
Old 11th March 2015, 15:38   #1503
BHPian

Quote:

Honestly I didn't like any of the designs, they're too basic from the available designs out there. As you might have seen on many websites, Borbet is much easily available here and I think you should scan through the designs more.
Also I just saw, that superskoda.com has started selling and shipping OEM alloys worldwide. Can you go the site and check out the OEM design VRS Extreme wheels? It's about £1000 for 4 wheels, while there are cheaper options available too on the site. Just go through. By this method you'll be able to upgrade the design and maintain the quality of the wheels too!

!
Adi, frankly I'd prefer the OEM Alloys ! The only deal is I am worried about is the customs. Have you ordered stuff from Superskoda earlier? Is there any issue w.r.t Customs being levied on their products once they arrive in India?
Old 11th March 2015, 17:32   #1504
BHPian

Quote:

Do you mean to say that your friend got a Zeal variant already? Is the dealer not aware of the fact that it was 20,000 dearer? Absolutely stupid on their part. Anyway, pls click some photos of your friend's ride and let the confusion be removed, about the actual interior trim. The website is nothing but confusing with two separate pictures for the front and rear. As far as insurance goes, you should definitely get it done from your agent and not the dealer. You'll get better discounts from your agent. As far as extended warranty goes, it's released officially under Skoda Shield, I know this information since 4 days now but did not publish because I was not confident if my dealer is actually correct. But since I have sent them the cheque and everything, I will receive the warranty booklet in a couple of days more. Now they charged me 21000/- approx for the 2 year extended warranty and there is no clarity on the calculation of such amount. But mine is Elegance and AT DQ200 hence I think the amount will be higher than the other models.

I really hope they're not using wood, instead brushed aluminium or all black in piano finish!
Well the dealer hasn't charged him the extra 20k. He's gotten delivery of it already. I got an additional discount from Bajaj skoda though it was still around 6k more expensive than that quoted by my agent. I guess the extended warranty far outweighs the marginal increase in cost of insurance. Cant let the dealer use the excuse of insurance to desist from giving me the extended warranty.
Mine is an elegance too.
anyhow here are some of the pics of the car sent by the salesman before finalizing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2560.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2561.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2562.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_2563.jpg  

rugsrags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 17:40   #1505
Team-BHP Support

Aw man, those Alcantara seats! *drool*

Any idea if the trims on the door pads are faux wood? Or are they gloss black? Can't make out from the snaps.
Old 11th March 2015, 18:31   #1506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Aw man, those Alcantara seats! *drool*

Any idea if the trims on the door pads are faux wood? Or are they gloss black? Can't make out from the snaps.
Looks like wood to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post

anyhow here are some of the pics of the car sent by the salesman before finalizing it.
Why Skoda why? Why would you make us buy the car with a beige interior and then launch this? no words can describe the agony ;-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Is there any issue w.r.t Customs being levied on their products once they arrive in India?

I have ordered lot of stuff but none of the was heavy as wheels. So I can't assure you won't be paying customs but best is to ask them on the site.
Old 11th March 2015, 18:42   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
Adi, frankly I'd prefer the OEM Alloys ! The only deal is I am worried about is the customs. Have you ordered stuff from Superskoda earlier? Is there any issue w.r.t Customs being levied on their products once they arrive in India?
Smaller items have managed to pass through Customs without any delays and problems, but bigger packets light or heavy, usually attracts their attention and Customs would send you letter seeking invoice details and after they receive your reply, they will let you know (normally you only will have to contact them when you hear nothing from them for days or weeks) how much fine and duties you need to pay.. Duty is around 36% of the landing cost of the item (cost of the item plus shipping cost, all inclusive) and there will be some fine too for importing stuff without import license. I have faced this issue earlier, and I am going through it right now. Wheels would definitely not pass Customs without paying duty and AFAIK fines too.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 18:54   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Well the dealer hasn't charged him the extra 20k. He's gotten delivery of it already. I got an additional discount from Bajaj skoda though it was still around 6k more expensive than that quoted by my agent. I guess the extended warranty far outweighs the marginal increase in cost of insurance. Cant let the dealer use the excuse of insurance to desist from giving me the extended warranty.
Mine is an elegance too.
Wow it looks great, please do post quality images once your friend gets the car.

Last edited by B747 : 11th March 2015 at 18:55.
Old 11th March 2015, 18:56   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Smaller items have managed to pass through Customs without any delays and problems, but bigger packets light or heavy, usually attracts their attention and Customs would send you letter seeking invoice details and after they receive your reply, they will let you know (normally you only will have to contact them when you hear nothing from them for days or weeks) how much fine and duties you need to pay.. Duty is around 36% of the landing cost of the item (cost of the item plus shipping cost, all inclusive) and there will be some fine too for importing stuff without import license. I have faced this issue earlier, and I am going through it right now. Wheels would definitely not pass Customs without paying duty and AFAIK fines too.
Thanks a tonne Ajay for the prompt reply. I guess I am going to stick to a local dealer for imported rims !! It doesn't make sense going thru the whole ordeal, specially after spending a packet. I wasn't very happy in the beginning ordering stuff online, especially overseas.

Pete's has given me some pretty decent options and I guess if nothing works out I am going to stick to what they are providing.
Old 11th March 2015, 20:38   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
DSG is not covered? Do you have any email from the dealer stating the same? I did not confirm anything from my dealer I was too excited that finally its launched! When I got it for the Laura I confirmed and they said the same warranty is carried on for another two years. I am not worried about the sunroof or xenon lights, they hardly go wrong, I dont need warranty for a thing that costs 50,000 to replace entirely. But the Gearbox, it costs a cool 6.5 lacs to replace fully, and the mechatronic unit about 1.5 lacs if replaced sans the gearbox, separately. As per views of fellow bhpians, I am some what secured from a gearbox malfunction since I am driving the car 99% on the highways. But it has to be covered under extended warranty. If not, time to write to Skoda factory again. At least they will have to accept and give me in writing that if any failure occurs, goodwill warranty will apply to DQ200 boxes. DQ250 is not very much prone to failures as far as I know.

I sent an email to Mr Sudhir at Skoda and he confirmed that DSg is covered under extended warranty and also otherwise. Dont worry.
kapiljolly79 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 20:42   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Why Skoda why? Why would you make us buy the car with a beige interior and then launch this? no words can describe the agony ;-(
Mere car ki to mehendi bhi nahi suki hai.

I would certainly have opted for black trim level. Now I regret pulling some strings to get early delivery. :(
Old 11th March 2015, 21:13   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
I sent an email to Mr Sudhir at Skoda and he confirmed that DSg is covered under extended warranty and also otherwise. Dont worry.
I also called the dealership today for my.booking, and they confirmed that warranty coverage in extended warranty period is also as per the warranty booklet - that explicitly mentions dsg, sunroof etc.
Old 11th March 2015, 21:29   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkaran View Post
I also called the dealership today for my.booking, and they confirmed that warranty coverage in extended warranty period is also as per the warranty booklet - that explicitly mentions dsg, sunroof etc.
Good to know this, so what my dealer told me is incorrect. Now the question is why should lower variant users pay the same ?
Old 11th March 2015, 21:53   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a tonne Ajay for the prompt reply. I guess I am going to stick to a local dealer for imported rims !! It doesn't make sense going thru the whole ordeal, specially after spending a packet. I wasn't very happy in the beginning ordering stuff online, especially overseas.

Pete's has given me some pretty decent options and I guess if nothing works out I am going to stick to what they are providing.
Quality wise, Borbet is as good as getting any OE VAG car wheels, as Borbet is one of their OE wheel suppliers. And that too not just their normal wheels but their top spec wheels which comes in R line models.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 22:02   #1515

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the info Adi. I have converted my booking of the 1.8 tsi to the zeal edition of the same. So its cappuccino beige with black interiors. 1.8 tsi Elegance. Have to wait two more weeks for it. Definitely worth the wait since I am definitely not a fan of light colored interiors.
Thanks Adi! Excellent Kapil on your decision to convert your booking - love the black interiors and I am trying to get my 1.8 TSI converted as well to the Zeal edition Silver - hope my dealer helps. The Alacantra leather seats look very nice. What are the pro's and con's of Alacantra vs. Leather?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks