Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2015, 18:14   #1576
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I had asked the dealer but even after owning the vehicle for 1.5 years, I am yet to receive a quote from them for the service plan. Now its pointless for me as I wont be keeping the car for more than 5 years. The site does not mention any pricing for the package as such, hence no discussion in the thread. The site also mentions that it is available through Skoda Finance only, hence I am thinking in some weird way it will be available only to those customers who opt for Skoda Finance during their buying process.
I checked with my dealer and they say service plans not available in India. May just be a shoddy copy/paste job when building the model page.
Old 27th March 2015, 18:51   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakv6 View Post

Overall, the benefit of Rs.1,05,000 in going with this car made me sway my decision. Hope that makes sense. Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions/calculations. Also, does the car have to be registered as well within the year to avail depreciation benefit? it looks like I might be able to only get a TR done before end of month due to bank holidays.
Makes sense from your perspective. Make sure you do the PDI very well along with a knowledgeable friend of yours.

Yes you have to register it before March 31st for availing the depreciation benefit. Not only that it is advised to have records of using the car for business purpose.
Old 27th March 2015, 23:54   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Makes sense from your perspective. Make sure you do the PDI very well along with a knowledgeable friend of yours.

Yes you have to register it before March 31st for availing the depreciation benefit. Not only that it is advised to have records of using the car for business purpose.
You have to put the car to use to avail Depreciation benefit before 31st March. Make sure that you get it registered (even temporary registration will be sufficient) as well as you keep a bill of fuel filed in the car with date as a proof! (I am CA by profession)

Last edited by rutvij : 27th March 2015 at 23:58.
rutvij is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 00:32   #1579

Quote:
Yes I have decided to go ahead with it and so have paid another down payment of 5 lakhs. The car should be here over the weekend.
All the best with your new car when you get it - do share some pics!!
Old 28th March 2015, 01:27   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
You have to put the car to use to avail Depreciation benefit before 31st March. Make sure that you get it registered (even temporary registration will be sufficient) as well as you keep a bill of fuel filed in the car with date as a proof! (I am CA by profession)
Thanks rutvij. That's exactly what i intend to do.

For someone who is interested, there is a treasure trove of information on VIN numbers and dates the cars probably arrived at the dealer here

http://118.67.228.93/Global_Docs_sto...DATA_EXCHANGE/

stumbled onto this url through google. It looks like skoda's horribly designed CRM has directory browsing enabled.

A 'wget -r ' on the url should land all the files on your lap. Some simple grep, cut, sort, uniq should get you a lot of interesting statistics on number of cars shipped per month, by type, what old cars are sold in current year, which VIN numbers are demo cars etc.

It is surprising that directory browsing is enabled and you can access lot of more than just these VIN numbers if you are so inclined from process documents to training materials and so on. (Simply use FileType: pdf and site:118.67.228.93 in google)

P.S. No harm intended. If this could pose legal trouble for team-bhp, suggest the mods to delete this post. The fact is that its accessible via google search and is open for all to browse so there is no breach involved of any kind.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th March 2015 at 08:58. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote feature
phreakv6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 13:49   #1581
BHPian

My car came into the yard today and i went to take a customary look and a brief PDI. Will be doing a proper PDI later in the day with the team-bhp checklist after the car is cleaned and PDI from tafe's end is complete.

I have a few questions.

1. Is the white protective film normal? Should it be covering more of the car if it is?

2. The car has run 25kms. From what I have seen from past experience, this should be acceptable. Please confirm.

3. The electronics in the car did not work. I tried the sunroof and the touchscreen and neither worked. maxiDOT worked however. This too I learned is normal as the electronics apparently have to be activated for it to work. Again, what have bhpian's experienced?

4. The plastic covers were present only on the front seats and not the rear. The interiors were very clean however but found it odd that the rear seats were missing covers when the front ones had them.

All help appreciated. Thanks a lot guys. I don't think i could have come this far with the booking without team-bhp.

Some pics here.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20150328_111850.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20150328_111909.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20150328_111921.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20150328_112027.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20150328_113323.jpg  

Old 28th March 2015, 20:23   #1582
Senior - BHPian

It looks lovely, congrats. Why not drive it as is without removing the protective film? :P

As to the points you raised, the first 3 are completely normal. But the rear seats should have had the plastic cover too, from what I remember.

The car looks stunning in that shade, many many congrats.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 01:55   #1583
BHPian

Here is she without the wraps. Got her home today after a smooth process at tafe access, hosur road. It is amazing how easy this thing is to drive. nimble, agile and various such adjectives come to mind. Hardly feels like a big car.

Got boot mat, silver scuff plates and mud flaps for front wheels at a cost of Rs. 9,300. Skipped on the mobile holder as it won't fit my oneplus one and the usb cable as it seemed overpriced. Can make do with the SD card slot. The boot lip protector was insanely expensive so skipped that as well.

The goodyear nct5 seems to need a break-in. Its leaving rubber on the road and losing grip crazy. The rubber is supple and I suspect its too supple as if the outer layer of rubber needs to be gotten rid off before it will grip better. Did you guys experience the same? Considering the idea of upgrading them to michelin p3st or pirelli p7.

Was offered huper optik sunfilm for a total of 15k. A ceramic film for the windshield and klar-75 (?) for all the windows. I live in bangalore and frequent TN. Is this worth it? Are the tinted glasses effective on their own?

I noticed that I was able to play/pause/skip songs on the phone via bluetooth so AVRCP is working nicely. However, I wasn't able to list all the songs in the track list so I could choose any song. Has anyone been able to do better?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20150328_173155.jpg  

Last edited by phreakv6 : 31st March 2015 at 02:03.
phreakv6 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 13:05   #1584

Quote:
Here is she without the wraps. Got her home today after a smooth process at tafe access, hosur road. It is amazing how easy this thing is to drive. nimble, agile and various such adjectives come to mind. Hardly feels like a big car.

Got boot mat, silver scuff plates and mud flaps for front wheels at a cost of Rs. 9,300. Skipped on the mobile holder as it won't fit my oneplus one and the usb cable as it seemed overpriced. Can make do with the SD card slot. The boot lip protector was insanely expensive so skipped that as well.

The goodyear nct5 seems to need a break-in. Its leaving rubber on the road and losing grip crazy. The rubber is supple and I suspect its too supple as if the outer layer of rubber needs to be gotten rid off before it will grip better. Did you guys experience the same? Considering the idea of upgrading them to michelin p3st or pirelli p7.

Was offered huper optik sunfilm for a total of 15k. A ceramic film for the windshield and klar-75 (?) for all the windows. I live in bangalore and frequent TN. Is this worth it? Are the tinted glasses effective on their own?

I noticed that I was able to play/pause/skip songs on the phone via bluetooth so AVRCP is working nicely. However, I wasn't able to list all the songs in the track list so I could choose any song. Has anyone been able to do better?
Congratulations!! The colour looks fabulous!

I think you have made the right choice of accessories.

Can't comment on the film as, in Mumbai, we are not allowed to to fix any kind of film as per RTO laws.

If you are playing music over bluetooth, you can't get a list of songs - maybe if you connect via a usb or iPhone cable then it may be possible.
Old 1st April 2015, 16:23   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarjain View Post
Congratulations!! The colour looks fabulous!

I think you have made the right choice of accessories.

Can't comment on the film as, in Mumbai, we are not allowed to to fix any kind of film as per RTO laws.

If you are playing music over bluetooth, you can't get a list of songs - maybe if you connect via a usb or iPhone cable then it may be possible.
Thank you. Sunfilms are banned pan india but these clear films (70-75% visible light transmission) make a case for themselves as they are nearly invisible while cutting out a lot of heat and also glare. I thought i will give this time and see if the car's tinted windows are good enough.

Track listing is possible even over bluetooth if the device supports AVRCP 1.4 or above. It looks like stock android and a lot of devices support only 1.3. HTC One, Galaxy S5 and iPhones on the other hand support 1.5 so it shows track listing over bluetooth for those allowing you to select tracks freely like you would from a SD card. I should find a ROM capable of AVRCP 1.4. Btw, the sound quality is quite good for a stock system.
Old 1st April 2015, 16:57   #1586
BHPian

Confirmation received from dealer with VIN. Car is in dispatch. Another week and I shall have my TSi in Zeal edition.
Old 1st April 2015, 16:59   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The goodyear nct5 seems to need a break-in. Its leaving rubber on the road and losing grip crazy. The rubber is supple and I suspect its too supple as if the outer layer of rubber needs to be gotten rid off before it will grip better. Did you guys experience the same?

Congratulations!! Excellent color and car selection.

Tyre will take about 200Kms to break-in. NCT5 offers very good grip but noisy. P3ST is a good choice as P7 has thin side walls.

Better to change tyres asap to get maximum exchange price.. As, 100 Kms run tyres will get us only peanuts.

Tinted glasses are a waste as far as IR and UV is concerned. To avoid skin burns, films are a must. I have CR-90 on my Jetta all round which costed me 25 grand.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 1st April 2015 at 17:04.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 19:12   #1588
BHPian

Got my extended warranty from Vinayak Skoda yesterday. They called me on the 31st and asked if I wanted to buy at the lower rate the same day. transferred the amount online and got it done. ₹20606 for 1.8TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Well the extended warranty figures are now in my hand.
Octavia Diesel - Rs.22240/-
Octavia Petrol - Rs.20605/-
The above are all inclusive prices and post March there is a nominal increase
Octavia Diesel - Rs.22961/-
Octavia Petrol - Rs.21273/-
Old 2nd April 2015, 00:00   #1589
BHPian

Hey guys,

A friend just picked up the 1.8 TSI in the new color, Metal Grey. Looks amazing in person. Apparently its the first one of this color to be delivered in south India. He just came by tonight so that's why the bad picture. Will post a few more when I see the car during the day.

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-picsart_1427912597688.jpg  

Last edited by darktranquility : 2nd April 2015 at 00:01.
Old 2nd April 2015, 00:52   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Today the LED light complete set arrived at the dealer and we tried it on my car. Works as expected but with an error on the mfd and we need to adapt it. But neither the dealer nor me have any clue as to how to do that. Can someone help me with a link anywhere on how to code and adapt led tail lights for the Octavia? Dealer has left it open to me and told me he will do whatever i ask but i must have step by step instruction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks