Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2015, 19:12   #1606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeck View Post
Posting a review here of the problems I am facing here with my Octavia in Mumbai.
This indeed is very sad and frustrating. They are trying Indian Jugad over German engineering. I hope your problem is sorted out very soon and upto your satisfaction.

I have also started hearing rattling from Sunroof of my exactly 2 months old car. I am planning to visit service station next week and keeping my fingers crossed.

I wonder are these problems present in all Octavias around the world or they are specific to Indian made Octavias. I tried searching for it on net but couldn't find such issues for UK made Octavias.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 6th April 2015 at 11:16. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 5th April 2015, 19:50   #1607
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Posting a review here of the problems I am facing here with my Octavia in Mumbai. Posting actual correspondence and pictures that give you an Idea of how sh***y the service of skoda is and why they have a shi**y reputation. Post is redacted for privacy
Autobahns service quality has gone down. I am on the verge of sending an email myself. If you could PM me the area managers number it would be great.

Also for the door creaking try this out -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-rattles.html

It seems to be common across VAG cars.
Old 5th April 2015, 22:03   #1608

In 20 years of car buying this is the most terrible story I am have come across. Even the Hindustan Motor Guys never stooped so low back in the 80's

Here are some pics

More pics see what I found stuffed into the moon roof paper time sheets.

I challenge anyone on this forum to find something worse. According to me this takes the cake .

Engineering excellence, my foot.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-image.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-image.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th April 2015 at 10:06. Reason: Correcting typos and grammatical errors.
redjeck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 10:01   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
In 20 years of car buying this is the most terrible story I am have come across. Even the Hindustan Motor Guys never stooped so low back in the 80's

Here are some pics

More pics see what I found stuffed into the moon roof paper time sheets.

I challenge anyone on this forum to find something worse. According to me this takes the cake .

Engineering excellence, my foot.
Dear redjeck,

I have forwarded this link to Sudhir and Amit from Skoda and have asked them to respond. I have done this as a fellow BHPian and also because I have had horrific experience with my previous Octavia. The irony here is that I have booked a 1.8 Tsi due next week. So I have asked them why such service exists for such a brand?

The above will also get them to realise that Tbhp members are in support of each other.

This is what I have emailed them:

Dear Sirs,

As a fellow Team BHPian, I would kindly seek your intervention into this matter as I too soon shall hopefully be a proud owner of a new Octavia.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-108.html

In my honest opinion, you should have a member of Skoda on board this forum to avoid escalations like this. Its high time.

Kapil Jolly

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th April 2015 at 10:13. Reason: Editing quoted post
Old 6th April 2015, 11:23   #1610

What makes this even more disturbing is that this travesty of customer service was presided over by an area service manager of Skoda . It's not just what autobahn did
Old 6th April 2015, 12:32   #1611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What makes this even more disturbing is that this travesty of customer service was presided over by an area service manager of Skoda . It's not just what autobahn did
Redjeck - I feel your pain.
Due to this level of service, Skoda (and VWAG) is losing a lot of repeat business! I know several owners who are fed up with issues on their Skodas - be it mechanical, or electrical glitches. From failed sensors to malfunctioning ACs to clutch issues!
I have had a less than stellar experience with our VWAG products as well (compared to competitors, or even cheaper vehicles). Some examples:
- Our 07 Octavia Combi had a total clutch failure at 35Kkm! It was not abused at all, always driven by an experienced driver. There was an issue of 1st - 2nd not slotting smoothly at 3500+ rpm since the early days which Skoda ASS said is normal. 35Kkm and a clutch change later, the issue was resolved. Sadly, I had to pay for this. In comparison, the Liva and Fiesta which have had people learning to drive on them, and have seen multiple drivers + abuse have not needed any clutch work (the fiesta clutch was changed around 85Kkm, and the Liva is on its original clutch for over 55Kkm).
- Similarly, Skoda took over 2 weeks to arrange for something as simple as rubber door beadings for the car! Heck, when Ford had to arrange for a rare part, they organized it within a week and even sent a formal letter apologising for the delay!
- Our Laura has the same rattling issues. It is mostly self-driven, and driven better than 90% of the vehicles out there. In comparison, the Liva is rattle free after being driven on much worse roads, and in a rougher manner (multiple drivers). The Liva is also older and has clocked more kms.
- Similarly, I have had to send the Laura for small issues several times. Something as small as getting the DRL bulb fixed takes two visits.
- Even the premium offerings from VWAG are not spared. Our Nov. 2011 A6 has had an AC failure, and Air suspension compressor failure in 22Kkm! Never abused, and only driven by dad, his driver of 20+ years, or me. Our Apr. 08 525D is still running beautifully and after 7 years it starting to complain (wear and tear).

At the end of the day, the vehicles are fantastic. Typically the best in their segments, but just knowing that even if something small goes wrong and we would have to deal with the company, is enough to keep us tossing and turning at night. I would love to say no more VWAG products, but if only the new 2016 Superb wasn't so desirable!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 14:50   #1612
BHPian

Is there anyone here who owns both the Laura and the New Octavia? I need some information.

The Octy does not come with side door mouldings and neither does the company have a set for it. Want to know the length of the mouldings on the Laura, incase if they are apt, I shall procure one for the new octy.
Old 6th April 2015, 15:02   #1613
BHPian

Guys, I have received my extended warranty booklet. Its coverage starts from two years down the line after expiry of company warranty of two years. I had opted for it at the time of purchase of the car and had to pay 14254/- for it.

The policy booklet is standard one printed for all types of car for which ICICI Lombard gives extended warranty. Booklet specifically says which parts are covered and which parts are not covered. List of parts covered and not covered is attached herewith.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-new-doc_1.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-new-doc_2.jpg

I am having rattling sound from the sunroof I am going tomorrow morning for fixing it. I hope it is not a major issue and will be sorted out. I believe Adi and Akshay were also having this problem and it has been sorted out for them.

I am also planning to order some accessories. For door sill covers I am a bit confused - whether to order silver or black ones. Colour of my car is white. Pl advise....

Last edited by rutvij : 6th April 2015 at 15:04.
Old 6th April 2015, 16:14   #1614

The fact remains that after forking over a substantial amount, would you like to put up with constant irritation?

My own personal feeling ; its like entering into a relationship with an attractive partner who has herpes !!
Old 6th April 2015, 17:14   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I am also planning to order some accessories. For door sill covers I am a bit confused - whether to order silver or black ones. Colour of my car is white. Pl advise....
I went for the silver ones. They look quite attractive and are very durable. I think silver ones match the rest of the build than the plastic black ones. Also, if you are not yet considering the boot mat then you must. After a long roadtrip with a packed boot, I can vouch for the usefulness of it when loading and unloading (dragging heavy baggage that is stored deeper inside in the boot).
Old 6th April 2015, 18:42   #1616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Guys, I have received my extended warranty booklet. Its coverage starts from two years down the line after expiry of company warranty of two years. I had opted for it at the time of purchase of the car and had to pay 14254/- for it.
I had seen the warranty booklet at Jai Auto Mathura Road, Delhi, and that booklet even mentioned the sunroof, but its not mentioned in your booklet. Is there something amiss?
Old 6th April 2015, 19:14   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakv6 View Post
I went for the silver ones. They look quite attractive and are very durable. I think silver ones match the rest of the build than the plastic black ones. Also, if you are not yet considering the boot mat then you must.
I was thinking about black ones only because my car is of white colour and black ones contrasts well with white colour. If possible I will see and then decide. I have also decided to order front mud flaps and on your recommendation boot mats also. Thanks for your inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkaran View Post
I had seen the warranty booklet at Jai Auto Mathura Road, Delhi, and that booklet even mentioned the sunroof, but its not mentioned in your booklet. Is there something amiss?
They might be offering extended warranty of some other company. Mine is ICICI Lombard. If company is same then there should not be any difference.

I am wondering whether sunroof can be covered under any of the technical terms mentioned in the parts covered?
Old 6th April 2015, 21:39   #1618

I was told that the extended warranty is by Cholamandalam...
Old 7th April 2015, 08:32   #1619
BHPian

Guys, we used to all talk of "breaking in" a new car a long time back. Am picking up my Octavia this weekend. Do these new cars still need breaking into or have we evolved into better technology yet? :-)
Old 7th April 2015, 10:13   #1620
BHPian

Posting it in this thread since its related to the Octavia

One problem I am facing in my A3

The bi-xenon headlights don't turn along with the steering as seen in the video. No matter what speed I try doing that it just doesnt happen. I had a tough time navigating ghats in the dark due to this.

Perhaps this feature is available in cheaper cars like the Octavia and the Jetta. When I asked my sales advisor, he said that it is not available in Indian Audi A3. Can anyone please help me on this if this can be activated by a VCDS cable?

Most Viewed